Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Bigger fish to fry

I''m wondering if Roeder is really that bothered to sign more players in the current transfer window.

Is it possible he thinks that Norwich are quite capable of surviving as is - perhaps with a couple more decent loans for back-up?

Because, what.s the alternative; spend a lot of cash to sign good quality championship players? To reach the play-offs? To get promotion?

So, you get promoted. With a team full of championship players. Like Derby - like last time, in fact. We all know what happens next. OK, you get parachute payments, but they''re never going to be enough to guarantee instant re-promotion.

So, what I''m thinking is, perhaps Glenn''s playing a longer game; slowly picking up the RIGHT players, players who won''t be out of place in the Premiership. For the time being I think he''d rather loan in the best quality he can find, rather than sign indifferent ones  he''ll have to ditch later. I think the situation with Tiny may be an indication of his thinking; he may be very reluctant to pay anything over his valuation because, although excellent at championship level, he suspects Taylor can''t quite cut it at the next level up. A Malky type player.

This will necessarily be a slow process, because splashing out the £30 million or so needed to buy in the ready made articles just ain''t gonna happen. We have to rely on Glenn''s contacts, experience & shrewd judgement.

We need patience.

God help him.