Sign in to follow this  
we8wba

biggest overachievers at midpoint of season

few to choose from but i would say

bristol c, expect them to drop closer to end but to be 2nd mid way through season is remarkable thinking they came up last season and still up there with likes of charlton wba, watford is a credit to bristol city - well done

who would you guys pick as your overachievers?

Obviously Bristol City are one of them, everyone says they''ll fall away but they''re still up there in mid-January. I don''t think they''ll fade and they''ll get a play-off spot at least.

I think Plymouth and Hull have done well too, Palace have picked up massively and as much as it pains me to say it, I don''t think many people expected Ipswich to be up near the play-off places.

[quote user="we8wba"]

who would you guys pick as your overachievers?

[/quote]

I would pick Wolves, as no way do they deserve to be as high as 13th after a beating at home like what they received on Saturday.

Oh, sorry, I was forgetting...[;)]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

Obviously Bristol City are one of them, everyone says they''ll fall away but they''re still up there in mid-January. I don''t think they''ll fade and they''ll get a play-off spot at least.

I think Plymouth and Hull have done well too, Palace have picked up massively and as much as it pains me to say it, I don''t think many people expected Ipswich to be up near the play-off places.

[/quote]

What are you talking about ''obviously Bristol  City are one of them'' they are second on merit like NCFC are near to  the bottom on merit. League position doesn''t lie.

I''d say Bristol City too (sorry!). I wasn''t very impressed with them at CR and I don''t think that their team is that good really. They''ve had some slices of luck but I think as a whole this league has been very inconsistent this season. It just goes to show really when we play barnsley away (who have beaten all of the top 3) and they haven''t lost at home yet and we hammer them 3-1.

[quote user="The Great Escape Happy"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[/quote]

What are you talking about ''obviously Bristol  City are one of them'' they are second on merit like NCFC are near to  the bottom on merit. League position doesn''t lie.

[/quote]

I never said they weren''t there on merit, merely stating the incredibly obvious that they have done much better than anyone expected them to at the start of the season.