Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Martin Taylor

Good hopefully he will stay there.... Maybe they are worried he will have a very poor game due to the club not allowing him to move here...

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Only made the subs bench for Birmingham today. I thought they were going to start him...[/quote]

My theory is that they have no intention of playing him unless the wheel come s off...he is there to drive up his asking price...putting him at the back of their ''shop window'' so to speak...suggesting he is more valuable than the £750K that we have offered.

Agreed with London Canary, it''s just to show they still value him highly and they want the required asking price, which won''t happen, McLeish wants him off and wants the money, we''re just going to have to be patient and wait until they can''t hold it any longer and accept our bid.

I think you are being overly cynical in saying it is merely an attempt to increase his value, because it was a biggish game for them and they''d hardly want to have a passenger involved, someone they feel is inferior, but one who they can get an extra £250k for.Maybe it was because of unavailabilities?

[quote user="O.J."]I think you are being overly cynical in saying it is merely an attempt to increase his value, because it was a biggish game for them and they''d hardly want to have a passenger involved, someone they feel is inferior, but one who they can get an extra £250k for.Maybe it was because of unavailabilities?[/quote]I don''t think it''s over cynical, especially given the Roeder-Brady feud. Don''t be fooled by his appearance on the bench - yes McLeish may have thought he needs additional cover, but i''d say his appearance is also a pretty weak attempt by Birmingham to make it look like they won''t be letting him go unless someone comes up with their over-inflated valuation. This is clearly a poker game that Roeder and Brum are playing and i think i prefer our hand than theirs. They are desperate for the cash because they need to strengthen to try to avoid relegation. Don''t blink Glenn and i think you''ll get your man!

[quote user="a1canary"]I don''t think it''s over cynical, especially given the Roeder-Brady feud. Don''t be fooled by his appearance on the bench - yes McLeish may have thought he needs additional cover, but i''d say his appearance is also a pretty weak attempt by Birmingham to make it look like they won''t be letting him go unless someone comes up with their over-inflated valuation. This is clearly a poker game that Roeder and Brum are playing and i think i prefer our hand than theirs. They are desperate for the cash because they need to strengthen to try to avoid relegation. Don''t blink Glenn and i think you''ll get your man![/quote]They had a defensive injury crisis., that is it.

A good rule of thumb Ive learnt in business is that in situations like this, split the difference and move on.

We could have had Taylor a few weeks ago, Brum could have had an extra £875k to spend on players to try to avoid the drop.

For the sake of £125k this would appear to be the sensible option to me.

You''re all being much to cynical and paranoid. It''s like CJF says, they have an injury crisis  in central defence atm. Mcleish has said that he doesn''t rate him, so he would look an idiot if he put him in the team ahead of others who were fit.

yeah that was y just because they have an injury crsis at the back!!! I still think we will get him though mcleish wants the money so he will wait and c wot happens but then will realise that we wont up our bid so he will accept a 750k ish bid we just have to be patient. Yeah i know its really frustrating but i still believe that GR will get 3-4 quality players in. Weve got to trust the man!!!

Absolutely cityboy, we must trust GR. I believe that if we do not get Taylor(and i still think we will for  750k plus add ons) then I am sure he will find enough quality to see us through to the summer with a respectable mid table finish, considering what he inherited. Then he can start afresh and lead us to .......who knows where, but at least we will be playing the sort of football that most of us love to see,and we can all go away from Carrow Rd, more often than not, on match days with the same optimism that we had when we came.