Sign in to follow this  
Downs left boot

Team selection at Bury???

Ok every game is important but some more so than others.... League points are everything and we are at a turning point.

So.. question is should we save Dion''s legs for the weekend? Dare we pick a weakened XI against Bury?

Back 4 should be unchanged because with some of the goals conceded lately the more games they play as a unit the better (strange logic I know but they are the best we''ve got). What about the rest? Not that there is much to choose from, maybe the "weakened team" would have Hux and Cureton in it...

Main issue is we have to look after Dion? problem is I can''t see anyone else at the club playing as a target man on Tuesday (maybe put Jarvis on stilts??)

Wouldn''t be that surprised if Tuesday night was

Marshall, Semmy, Camara, Shackell, Doc, Spillane, Pattison, Bernard, Hux, Cureton, Jarvis

Rest Dublin and Evans.90 minutes for Martin and Jarvis, whoever doesn''t score gets sold off.Give Gilks a game in goal.  90 minutes for Huckerby and Cureton as match practice.  Fotheringham one half only; have a look at Cave-Brown at the back.

Thought I''d anglicise Bertrand - Bernard is a good strong British name....

either that or Bernard is just a general name for nameless fringe player - could be Rossi, Eagle, Murray, whoever...

This is a very good question and one I should think will be a tester for Glenn. Personally I would be tempted to put in a weakened side and as someone has indicated tell those drafted in this is your chance to claim a regular spot. Let us be honest the prize for winning is an away trip to Southampton which will be tough. We dont have enough strength in depth and we can ill afford injuries suspensions etc at present. Glenn however could be tempted to keep a winning team as Bury should be beatable when we are as on song as at Barnsley.

Overall my view would be stuff the FA Cup lets concentrate on the league first to get away from the danger zone and then to try for a play off place. Glenn however will also know how much money and likely players he will get in this transfer window and may conclude he will have the squad to tackle both cup and league.

Lets be honest Glenn has achieved miracles so far with a squad that still is one that Grant put together and some clever loans and signings. And hats off to Marshall who has now climbed into the top 5 goalkeepers on the Actim Index. Well Done!

marshall, otsemobor, doherty, shackell, camara, croft, russell, fotheringham, pattison, cureton, evans

subs:gilks, bertrand, huckerby, dublin, martin

[quote user="James Maloney"]Rest Dublin and Evans.90 minutes for Martin and Jarvis, whoever doesn''t score gets sold off.Give Gilks a game in goal.  90 minutes for Huckerby and Cureton as match practice.  Fotheringham one half only; have a look at Cave-Brown at the back.[/quote]how do martin, jarvis and cureton all play?he wouldnt dare put curo out on the wing so the other two would not get a fare look in, which at least jarvis deserves

[quote user="sam"]

marshall, otsemobor, doherty, shackell, camara, croft, russell, fotheringham, pattison, cureton, evans

subs:gilks, bertrand, huckerby, dublin, martin

[/quote]

Evans is ineligible as he wasn''t at the club for the first game.

cheers for that mate, i would play huckerby then, keep dublin on the bench for a rest, martin doesn''t really deserve it but no one else so him on the bench

I think we will keep a stong team as it is important to keep our good run going keeping confidence in the team and a winning mentality even if it is a cup game we could really do without