Sign in to follow this  
Rabbit

Are we all looking through green and yellow spectacles

Why are you all getting so carried away with the signing of Bentley, your saying things like he`s the class player we are looking for , this signing means that we`re staying up, he`s going to score us goals from every position we play him..... STOP and take a look at the facts, he`s played in only one league game that i`m aware of, Portsmouth and did`nt score, i don`t doubt his talent or that he is one for thr future, but he has not yet proved to anyone that he can shine week in week out at this high level, and if we stop looking at everything through our green and yellow spectacles, we must see that we are going to struggle next season, so is he going to cut the mustard in a team at the wrong end of the table
don`t be to hard on me, and i`m one of the i`d like to see Crouch back brigade, he`s class on two sticks.....

You''re right to be a realist, but he can''t be all that bad if 8 other premiership, I''ll just say that again because it has a nice ring to it, 8 other premiership clubs wanted him.

No one has said he will play every game, obviously he wants to, but I think he will be a good squad addition. His versatility is a big plus aswell.

Don''t know much about him personally but if Arsene Wenger says he''s top quality then who are we to argue. I have a feeling there could be a bigger signing to come but this one has certainly wetted the appetite.

Well, if we can''t look through green & yellow spectacles, who can?

I''m not saying Bentley is the answer to everything (that''s 42 according to the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - which coincidently is the number of players Chelsea will be getting rid of) but he''s certainly a great addition to the squad. As a lot of other posters have said, its not that we need to win the league, just win our mini-division within it. I''ll settle for survival, and further team building next year.

Crouch would be a great addition, and I don''t think we''ve heard the end of that one yet - hopefully Worthy will pull another rabbit out of the hat (could be a job for you, Rabbit!!!)

Upwards and Onwards!!!

Rabbit,

In my opinion anybody Wenger describes as "top, top, top" must be worth having on a season long loan! He''s obviously got a lot of talent or he would have already been shown the door by Arsenal. He has the abiliy to bring flair and skill to the club. We haven''t got the cash to go out and spend millions on top quality players. We have to get what we can. With this in mind I think Bentley is a great signing- Young, enthusiastic, plenty to prove and desperate to play.

If we start knocking him before he''s even set foot on the pitch what is that going to do to his confidence? Back him, show him your support, chant for him and he will deliver.

I''ve seen the odd game Bentley has played on tv, and he looked like a Premiership player to me. A young one who is inexperienced, but a Premiership player none the less, with the quality of passing and first touch you''d expect from an Arsenal man. For a free addition to the squad I think he is a quality signing.

Great signing, granted, but 8 chasing him????

I think he was waiting to see if West Ham went up and if so, he would have gone there.

We still need defensive cover in my humble opinion.

Still, fair play to NW, he has cost nothing, can go at end of season once he helps us to safety and I am sure Trumbulls/Mercy/Time will be happy to see him arrive.

ssc, they didnt, so lets back the boy. he needs us and we need him.

its a win win situ

chill brother chill

I agree, give him and worthy a chace. Anyway if arsenal are willing to put him on a 5 YEAR contract they must rate him a bit!!!

He''s a great signing, no doubt, v.creative and with the ability to unlock any defence on occasions.
however, important that we don''t expect too much. he is inexperienced and physically lightweight. i''ve seen him on Sky playing for England as well as for the Arse and I also worry about how much possession he gives away when what he tries doesn''t come off.
he''s not the solution, but he could be a part of it and good luck to him.

I''m with the Foghorn on this one...

...Don''t you think that our hallowed Carrer Road looks so much better with a pair of the old Green and Yeller Specs on?

And with em balanced on the end of our noses, can''t you just see a rampant, fluid attack next year with Hucks and Bentley swapping wings and running defences ragged, whilst Mighty Leon and Sven are cleaning up in the middle? (And that''s without thinking about Crouch...)

Keep trust in Nige, keep the faith, keep wearing them Green & Yeller Specs...

...The world looks so much better with them on...

This weekend I heard that Arsenal & us came to the agreement for Bentley around the time of the Sunderland game. It was then left to the player to come & visit us, sign the papers, job done. But in principle the deal was done over a month ago!