Sign in to follow this  
CiderkiddCanary

Norwich ALOT more spoken about!!

Having listening to 6-0-6 there was a text come through joking that when Roeder was at Newcastle he was " a terrible, long ball manager" and yet he is doing fantastic here at Norwich, and then it struck me that Norwich are getting alot of popularity. We are commonly and consistenly spoken about more now that Roeder is here and the use of the phrase " and Glenn Roeder''s Norwich are now unbeaten in # games" is usually followed by" Yes, well done Glenn Roeder"Also I feel it right to commend whoever/whatever hired Glenn and Lee, Well Done!OTBC

We''re still treated as very much an afterthought in all the Sunday papers, though. I had a look at the Barnsley v City match report in most of the papers yesterday and we seemed to be among the least column inches of all the Championship games. It''s usually quite difficult finding the City write-up in the national papers; you have to trawl through large splashes about the likes of the mighty Hull or Ips*** or some other no-mark team before you find our match tucked away somewhere. I''m afraid I don''t think Glenn has raised our profile much, but then again does it really matter?

I think one of GR''s assests is his ability to stay out of the lime light.  He''s doesn''t appear to be interested in ego''s or his own profile, more content to quitely go about his business, and as you quite rightly point out getting us the results.  Let the nationals talk about Ipswich or Hull or Bristol, who cares, we fans can see were heading in the right direction with a manager who really has the nouse and ability to get us back to where we belong.  Give the players respect and leadership who knows how far we can get this season.  There''s no such thing as a bad crew, only a bad captain, something we learnt under the stewardship of Peter Grant.  With GR at the helm i feel the futures bright, the futures Yellow and Green, ''on the ball city''!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It also depends on what edition of the Sundays you get, I believe that some are regional in that the "eastern" editions would have more coverage?