Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Profit on Brown HAHAHAHA

Sorry, i''m finding this all too amusing!

400k for a player who''s scored 1 goal in 24 appearances (8 as sub), that record has earned us a £125k profit. Priceless! Absolutely Priceless. How on earth have they pulled it off, well done Glen, poor old Preston.

Profit? Is that a joke? Hes been here a year, we bought him for £300k and sold him for £400k.  In order to have made a profit then Chris Brown would have had to have earnt less than 100k in that year including his signing on fee (normally around 10% so thats 30k), I know a fact that a youth player who left at the end of last season was on 2k a week so this is very unlikely.

Therefore we have not made a ''profit'', we have in fact still made a significant loss

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]good luck to brown - he always gave 100%, just couldn''t score.  (as long as he can keep preston below us)!!![/quote]I agree - he''s got a lot of talent. I''m surprised he wast given a go at CB....

Good sale i think, squad player not neccesarly needed

one thing what i wonder is why do you slater every moving player in etuhu, safri, earnshaw hughes etc...

every player who moves on gets loads of stick

as to profit not really as mentioned above but least you got some more in the coffers

okok

a trading profit then. But the fact that we got anything for him really should be celebrated!

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="lucky green trainers"]good luck to brown - he always gave 100%, just couldn''t score.  (as long as he can keep preston below us)!!!
[/quote]

I agree - he''s got a lot of talent. I''m surprised he wast given a go at CB....
[/quote]

Like Sutton in reverse?  Well, stranger things have happened.  He played right wing for Grant, and left side for Roeder.

Unless you mean they should play him at CB as he was adept at turning attacks into goal kicks.

Just.... YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="we8wba"]

one thing what i wonder is why do you slater every moving player in etuhu, safri, earnshaw hughes etc...

as to profit not really as mentioned above but least you got some more in the coffers

[/quote]We8wba.... etuhu and safri left under a cloud, and hughes was hated by some in same way brown is....personally i have nothing against the lad, he always gave us 100% and although lacked a cutting edge, his hold up play was second to one (Dion) (see what i did there?) Good luck to him, i for one wish him all the best for the future.

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

because brown scored 1 goal ... and was pretty much useless...

Although I''ve always stuck up for him to an extent and always felt people were far too harsh on him... 400k? Preston must be really desperate, or stupid, or both. A miracle we made a profit on him.

I too am amazed we got our money back and more, however i wish him luck, as every time he played he did give 100%, obviously he was and should be viewed on goals as all strikers should be, and in this area of his game he was poor/ lacked confidence.

But as long as any player in a city shirt gives his all its all we can ask;

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="lucky green trainers"]good luck to brown - he always gave 100%, just couldn''t score.  (as long as he can keep preston below us)!!![/quote]I agree - he''s got a lot of talent. I''m surprised he wast given a go at CB....[/quote]yeah that''s true - the doc''s goal last week was his first in 2 seasons - if you don''t count his 2 (3?) own goals!!!

I remember travelling to Blackpool in the FA Cup and Brown made his debut. He looked pretty good, until he got sent off!

I remember being very impressed when he did ''keepie-uppies'' with his chin...

Greatest profit ever made :)

[quote user="HUDDY "]

400k for a player who''s scored 1 goal in 24 appearances (8 as sub), that record has earned us a £125k profit. Priceless! Absolutely Priceless. How on earth have they pulled it off, well done Glen, poor old Preston.

[/quote]

Just as I was finding it oh so amusing when you lot were saying "give Chris Brown a chance I am sure he will come good" for the best part of a year!!!

Hate to say it but yet again I told you so.

Is anybody still prepared to say that Strivahka will come good???

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Got plenty of time for Earnie and Etuhu... two quality players that deserved better than NCFC could offer them in terms of playing at a level that was more suited to their ability.

Safri was over-rated at City in my opinion but I still think we have not suitably replaced him either.

Hughes was a joke that would fit in to a team with Chris Brown in the forward line very well indeed.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="HUDDY "]

[/quote]

Just as I was finding it oh so amusing when you lot were saying "give Chris Brown a chance I am sure he will come good" for the best part of a year!!!

[/quote]

Ummm, i cant ever remember being to positive on Brown, i did say give Strihavka a chance, sohe can settle and whatever, but Brown i was never convinced, and i cant remember claiming he will come good!

But if you can find a post from me saying something similaer, then i will eat my words!

400K is good business for a ''striker'' with a strike rate as bad as his. It wasn''t as bad as say the appalling ratio of Alex Notman, but this type of cash cannot be turned down.

[quote user="HUDDY "][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="HUDDY "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ummm, i cant ever remember being to positive on Brown, i did say give Strihavka a chance, sohe can settle and whatever, but Brown i was never convinced, and i cant remember claiming he will come good!

But if you can find a post from me saying something similaer, then i will eat my words!

[/quote]

Well you were certainly never one to sing his praises too loudly HUDDY I will credit you that... the best I can find from you is lets give the guy a chance which was fair enough.

Strivahka was every inch as bad as Chris Brown though.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="HUDDY "][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="HUDDY "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well you were certainly never one to sing his praises too loudly HUDDY I will credit you that... the best I can find from you is lets give the guy a chance which was fair enough.

[/quote]

I think the fact that Brown was ahead of him in the pecking order prooves that. I dont think anyone saw much of Strihavka, and when he did play he didnt make an impact. He didnt settle in, he didnt adapt and thankfully we only wasted 240k (plus wages) and not the million!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="HUDDY "][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="HUDDY "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thought you had disappeared.  So, you are commenting on these players based on what exactly, seeing as you never go to games?

400k is pretty good lets hope its not a deal like strihavka''s and find out we dont get the full amount when hes released from Preston in a years time!