Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Bury game goes ahead - prepare for FA Cup mudbath!!

Passing game out the window, heavy pitch, aerial bombardment etcI can see a horrible game, going to extra time, leaving us totally knackered for Leicester. I would favour a bit of rotation and a chance for the fringe players but most of them have left!We could really do without this...

Leicester must be laughing; Roeder has got to play a weakened side to ensure we''re fresh and fit to face them.

The League must take priority.

Have spoken to a couple of mates I know from Bury this morning and they don''t seem to think the pitch will be that bad tonight. Think it rained quite alot during the night but stopped at about 8 in the morning apparantly. Being season ticket holders hey reckon the ground staff will do a decent job with the pitch pending no further rain. Lets just hope the clouds done open up again between now and 9.30 or else you may be right.....horrible match ensues!

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Heavy waterlogged pitch in a mickey mouse competition - ideal for injuries....[/quote]

Pete, how could you. FA Cup - Mickey Mouse???

I have been to the ground and the pitch is in brilliant condition. A bit disrespectful to say mudbath. I think you will be very surprised we have a nice ground, pitch and we dont play hoof ball.

Get your facts straight and have a good day.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Heavy waterlogged pitch in a mickey mouse competition - ideal for injuries....[/quote]

[/quote]

Afraid so, it''s extra games our small squad doesn''t need in a competition that hasn''t been won by a team outside the big four since 95. The magic of the FA Cup died many years ago.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

Afraid so, it''s extra games our small squad doesn''t need in a competition that hasn''t been won by a team outside the big four since 95. The magic of the FA Cup died many years ago.

[/quote]

Well when you put it like that.............maybe you''re right. Is such a shame.

Gilks/ Arnold

Cave Brown    Spillane     Halliday     Bertrand

Croft          Jarvis Jnr        Pattison      Smart

Martin            Jarvis Snr

sorted send them out there, see what they can do get them stuck in and fighting. if we win so be it, trip to southampton. if we lose so what? it will make it a good FA cup ding dong and help bury out financially leaving us to concentrate on the league      

Football sacrilege, Pete!

Bert Trautman''s broken neck, the famous sloping pitch, City''s run of ''59, jumpers for goalposts - it''s the magic of the cup, isn''t it?

[quote user="Grando"]Football sacrilege, Pete! Bert Trautman''s broken neck, the famous sloping pitch, City''s run of ''59, jumpers for goalposts - it''s the magic of the cup, isn''t it?[/quote]

You forgot ......."small boys in the park" (jumpers for goalposts) etc  .Marvelous [:D]

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

only because club managers have made it this way.... of course u wont beat Manchester utd or chelski if u play 5-4-1.. chances = goals... sticking everyone behind the ball wont beat them...

The reason managers are scared of getting a tonking if they play 4-3-3 at Stamford Bridge is because they have never tried! people turn up with the attitude of "we have lost already"

take the game to them, suprise them BEAT them.... they are human and can make mistakes... if i wa sa football manager i wouldnt stick everyone behind the ball and hope at old Trafford.

As for Tonight.. Hereford vs Newcastle was a mudbath in the 70''s.... Glynn hurst to do a Ronnie Radford for Bury perhaps?

jas :)

[quote user="Grando"]Football sacrilege, Pete!

Bert Trautman''s broken neck, the famous sloping pitch, City''s run of ''59, jumpers for goalposts - it''s the magic of the cup, isn''t it?[/quote]Doesn''t that just illustrate his point? All very very long ago! Moments like that will now be replaced with;"do you remember the time havant and waterlooville got a replay against swansea? those were the days..."

[quote user="a1canary"]Doesn''t that just illustrate his point? All very very long ago! Moments like that will now be replaced with;
"do you remember the time havant and waterlooville got a replay against swansea? those were the days..."
[/quote] Ah. You''re right! I will now go into the corner and weep quietly for football''s lost soul...

What about 89 + 92 cup runs, even last years away day at Chelsea.  I''m afraid the only reason people talk about lost magic of the cup is due to increasingly cynical journalism, and unfortunately, if you call something enough times it will eventually become that thing.  Anyway, am glad some feel like that, will give me more of a chance for getting my ticket for the final ;)

What about our trip to Tamworth ?  They wouldn''t have had a chance to host us any other way.Not to mention Chasetowns'' victory over Port Vale.  Try telling them the FA Cup is dead.

thats exactly the point.. go up to a havant and Waterlooville fan and tell them the FA cup has lost its magic... tell them that again 2 weeks time when they could be walking out onto the pitch at anfield...

what other competition in the world offers some nobody that chance?

jas :)

bet roedy has been told by doncaster that the transfer pot fell into a black-hole tea-time monday, and that we need a cup run to finance the extra bodies we need.  expect a blood and thunder display - but glad the bury manager has gone - no grudge match - but agree i praying for no injuries, a win (against rational judgment) and hope we''re not too knackered come saturday!!!

From the Bury website...Form Guide - Norwich City: Over the last six games, Norwich have

won just one game, ironically on Saturday at Barnsley, drawn four (Bury

at home, Crystal Palace away, Wolves and Charlton at home) and lost one

(Scunthorpe United away). The Canaries have scored seven goals and

conceded six goals.
Somebody did their research.