Sign in to follow this  
BigFish

Moaning Minnies

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Are we moaning minnies or do we just not believe all the crap like people like you? Gullable or niave maybe sums you up.[/quote]

Hey Arthur, thought you''d like to see someone being "Gullable or niave" you obviously don''t know what it is. 

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1130648/ShowPost.aspx

[/quote]

Sorry Squit but i fail to see whats so Gullable and naive about that. Maybe i should trawl up some of your love ins with Deals,now that would be funny!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

There are no stats to back up any improvement that Taylor made to our performances, only fans seeing what they wanted to see.

[/quote]

I think Sheffield United at home was the game for me that showed his worth.  Had that been the Doc Shax partnership coming under such pressure would have succumbed to their barrage.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one, I firmly beleive that having a ball playing midfielder has been the main reason for our turnaround, but that having Martin Taylor also strengthened our team  (with our four wins out of five in his last four games showing our best form of the season).  I feel his genuine threat at corners and free kicks could have helped score another goal, or his defensive ability could have saved us a goal over Shax/Doc playing.

As for whether the defense should be a priority with any funds we have, well that is another question.  With Chris ''couldn''t score - or even assist - in a brothel'' Brown now gone along with Strihavka, and Jarvis and Martin wasting everyones'' time at the moment we still look lacking up front.  Something you spotted well before most at the start of the season [8-|]

LGT - The stats are open to any interpretation you want to put on them. I only quote the stats to back up what I see with my own eyes. You are right that Taylor was at fault for goals we have conceded, so has Doherty and Shackell and Dublin. If there were no mistakes we would concede no goals. All defenders at all clubs make mistakes. My point is that defence hasn''t been our problem this season. Our problem has been creating chances and lately converting chances.

Last season I was at Deepdale where Fotheringham played central midfield and we got the ball down and passed in one of our better away performances even though we lost. Not many saw it but those that did were impressed. He then featured in the opening 2 league games this season where we drew at Preston and beat Southampton. He was probably man of the match in those games and he was also possibly mom in the 5-2 win over Barnet. He was then injured and the levels of performance dropped until he came back after the Plymouth game. Our performances were much better until the 2 games over christmas where he was injured again. He came back at Palace and that game and the Barnsley game saw our performance levels improve again. These are things that I have seen and the stats back them up. We lost one game this season where Fotheringham featured and that was the late goal at Stoke. We have only won once when he didn''t feature and that was the home game against Palace.

There are no stats to back up any improvement that Taylor made to our performances, only fans seeing what they wanted to see.

[/quote]morning nutty!!!i''m happy to suggest taylor is a top 6 (even 3) champs defender - based on stats (like for like) and performances.  i''m also pleased to confirm fozzy is playing like a good''un, and is mostly a top 6 midfielder this season.  i''ve always rated fozzy''s ability, but correctly doubted his fitness last season.  tellingly, he gave his best performance last season at deepdale - but the preston boys had played a cup-tie against man.c 48 hours earlier.  against a tired team - fozzy ran the show, and so maybe gave an insight into what he could acheive if his fitness levels were improved - which fair play to him - he did, by grafting pre-season.  however, since taylor went - even with fozzy in the team (colchester,bury, palace 2ndhalf, barnsley 1st half) imo we''ve not given the same level of display - aside from barnsley 2nd half & maybe charlton 2nd half.  indeed, without fozzy and taylor, maybe our performances have reflected their lack of input???i agree that we need to convert more of the good chances we''re creating, and that we should be scoring more - but its also good to keep clean sheets - so, you''re entitled to your opinion, and people see different things in players and their performances but i''m happy to disagree with you.  for a while though, with taylor and fozzy in the same team, we enjoyed championship winning form - nive while it lasted!!! 

Of course we are in agreement about both players in a way Lucky! I would love us to sign Taylor but I can understand Roeder sticking to his valuation. Roeder needs to strengthen other areas too and to my mind those areas are even more important. There is a school of thought on here, not you, that all we have needed all season is a centre half. Yet I have seen most games and can honestly say that at no time has our defence been the weakest link. Whether we have kept a clean sheet since Taylor went back is irrelevent to me, I may as well say we haven''t conceded more than one in a game since he went back but that would be irrelevent too. Fozzy has made the big difference for me and the results when he featured both with Taylor and before Taylor and after Taylor bear this out. But like you say, we are all entitled to our opinions and I have had mine changed by discussing things with others on here a few times.

What none of us can dispute is that until we sign players in defence, midfield and attack any injuries to Doherty, Fotheringham or Dublin will leave us without a replacement.

Of course we are in agreement about both players in a way Lucky! I would love us to sign Taylor but I can understand Roeder sticking to his valuation. Roeder needs to strengthen other areas too and to my mind those areas are even more important. There is a school of thought on here, not you, that all we have needed all season is a centre half. Yet I have seen most games and can honestly say that at no time has our defence been the weakest link. Whether we have kept a clean sheet since Taylor went back is irrelevent to me, I may as well say we haven''t conceded more than one in a game since he went back but that would be irrelevent too. Fozzy has made the big difference for me and the results when he featured both with Taylor and before Taylor and after Taylor bear this out. But like you say, we are all entitled to our opinions and I have had mine changed by discussing things with others on here a few times.

What none of us can dispute is that until we sign players in defence, midfield and attack any injuries to Doherty, Fotheringham or Dublin will leave us without a replacement.

[/quote]fair enough nutty.  i''d add semmy to that list as well - if russell at right back is anything to go by!!!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Are we moaning minnies or do we just not believe all the crap like people like you? Gullable or niave maybe sums you up.[/quote]

Hey Arthur, thought you''d like to see someone being "Gullable or niave" you obviously don''t know what it is. 

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1130648/ShowPost.aspx

[/quote]

Sorry Squit but i fail to see whats so Gullable and naive about that. Maybe i should trawl up some of your love ins with Deals,now that would be funny!!

[/quote]

OK, enjoy your trawling.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I''d rather be a "Moanin'' Minnie" than a "Gullible Gonad"......[/quote]

Chortle, chortle... Gullible Gonad!!!

Nice one Mello, you''re a [*]