Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

Test of Character on Saturday ...

Hi all.

15 mins to go against Bury.

2-0 down. And we are playing very poor.

Recently Glen stated that there was work to do still but we are slowly getting there.

Yes we were 9 games unbeaten and 4 points off the zone. After taking over with just 9 points and 6 away from second bottom this was a big task .

What do we all think now?

Players not bothered with the cup? The 800+ away fans were!

For me its the next three games that will show whether this was the start of a problem or just a hick up.

Leicester at home is a major test. They have 7 new players and are just 1 point below us. They will be looking for win like us.

With Glen sure to have a go at the players and drop some from the squad, will he get new players in by saturday.

IMO: we must get 7 points from the next 3 games. Two home (leicester and Preston) wins and an away point at the saints.

I hope the bury game was just a one off. They did beat both Leeds and Sunderland in the last 3 years. (apparently in the cups)

Still no excuse for us to lose though.

Time to show our real character!

Cheers all.

i reckon we''ll see normal service resumed sat koi - now 2-1 and so a scrap of pride salvaged - enough not to destroy the confidence of the lads.  lets hope a leciester scout is a watching......he''ll say no problem to holly.

Hopefully this will mean Roeder gets his finger out and gets some new players in before the weekend.

New Defender and Striker please.

Also must add Jarvis did himself no favours today after all Roeder had said about making a claim for a place...  Useless!!

A cup win would have been good financially, but the league games must take priority.  The cup is a great leveller, but there must be a question mark over the commitment of some of the players on the field tonight, especially as we were the team with a nine game unbeaten run.  In his defence Roeder did seem to experiment a bit tonight, and starting with Jarvis clearly didn''t pay off.  Once again it is evident that we need a proven goalscorer, rather than have to rely on Dublin.

[quote user="silver fox"]A cup win would have been good financially, but the league games must take priority.  The cup is a great leveller, but there must be a question mark over the commitment of some of the players on the field tonight, especially as we were the team with a nine game unbeaten run.  In his defence Roeder did seem to experiment a bit tonight, and starting with Jarvis clearly didn''t pay off.  Once again it is evident that we need a proven goalscorer, rather than have to rely on Dublin.[/quote]

Spot on.

Also for me Jarvis is another piece of DEADWOOD that needs to be burnt and not left to rot like, Mcviegh, Thorne, Breiller, Strihaka, Brown, Eagle! (ok some have been burnt now!)

Get rid of the crap squad players and buy new talent. Then the current squad members not good enough become the squad players and the skill level of the entire squad increases!

Not ....... (in the past) sell your good players that play week in week out like Safri, Etuhu, Ashton, Earnie etc ... and leave the DEADWOOD in the reserves still rotting away.

How many more mangers and chances will we give the Jarvis boys? Also is Eagle still a NCFC player? Why did we sign him up?  He''s too slow!

Sometimes I can get so frustrated with this club!!!!!

ANYWAY .... its only one defeat, a joke I know but as long as we get 7+ points from the next 3 games then this will be forgotten!

Glen''s doing a good job as far as I''m conserned!

Keep going. don''t look back!

Cheers All