Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Greeno for England! Say yeahhhh!!

i dont think he up to it, he makes many mistakes for whu which dont get picked up on as he isnt the number 1, when robbinson does every mistake is picked up on. basically i dont rate most those keepers as good enough to be perm number 1, just theres no one else

personally james deserves it by performances he has conjured up the last 2seasons and has been suprinsgly the most conistant keeper, but realistacally englands next major is 2010 if we qualify (big if lol) and chances are he wont be around

carson i like been consistant as well this year, thrown in deep end stupidly vs croatia and i would give him a chance and the new keeper needs youth on his side

currently i go

1. carson

2. green/james

3. green/james

there my 3 keepers prob put green as longterm number 2

but guessing majority you guys will disagree lol

[quote user="we8wba"]

i dont think he up to it, he makes many mistakes for whu which dont get picked up on as he isnt the number 1, when robbinson does every mistake is picked up on. basically i dont rate most those keepers as good enough to be perm number 1, just theres no one else

personally james deserves it by performances he has conjured up the last 2seasons and has been suprinsgly the most conistant keeper, but realistacally englands next major is 2010 if we qualify (big if lol) and chances are he wont be around

carson i like been consistant as well this year, thrown in deep end stupidly vs croatia and i would give him a chance and the new keeper needs youth on his side

currently i go

1. carson

2. green/james

3. green/james

there my 3 keepers prob put green as longterm number 2

but guessing majority you guys will disagree lol

[/quote]

And Carson doesn''t make mistakes? Greeno has the big game temprement. There is no greater pressure than that he faced trying to keep west ham up last season. Not only did he rise to and respond to that challenge, he basically single handedly kept them up. With the help of Tevez'' goals at the other end.

When the pressure was on Carson, we all know what happened. He''s still too young and inexperienced. Look at all the quality international keepers, late 20s is as young as they get, most 30 or more. James is too far the other way to be considered for 2010, which means Green or Robinson are the only logical choices.

I think much like the England managers job, it''s a bit of a poisened chalice. Much as I don''t rate the guy, I think Robinson has come in for some unfair criticism in his time as England No.1. I think it''s fait to say that one of his main problems though is that he can''t jump.

I don''t think I could take another episode of watching David James running aimlessly out of his box to try and cut out a throughball that is going nowhere near his goal.

Carson is always going to suffer if he is given another chance. What worried me the most about his debut was not the mistake itself, but the complete lack of confidence after that. I can see him picking up where he left off.

I think Green and Foster have the best attributes going forward and as Foster is currently injured Green should be given the job to lose. I don''t know about anyone else, but I''ve been a bag of nerves watching Green both times he''s played, not because I think he''ll **** up, but because of my desire to see him do well.

and who has been doing great for villa in keeping out goals hmmm carson

thats why villa are in their highest position for quite few seasons, what difference villa this year and villa of last year

1difference carson, thats why they excelled to next level.

with having easy start to campaign and few friendlies and next tourney in 2010 then carson looks the sensible choice to be out of all of them

but as i said none of them are to the standards of say casillas, buffon, vds which our main rivals would all have

Carson has conceded 28 goals this season, Green 20. At this stage last season, Villa had also conceded 28 goals, but from one more game played.

You''re right, it''s all down to Carson.....

[quote user="Badger Pie"]

Carson has conceded 28 goals this season, Green 20. At this stage last season, Villa had also conceded 28 goals, but from one more game played.

[/quote]

Good stat, put me in my place then, also main cause of that was utd drubbing and spurs 4-4 draw after 4-1 up, im guessing they kept more clean sheets then lol

[quote user="we8wba"]

thats why villa are in their highest position for quite few seasons, what difference villa this year and villa of last year

with having easy start to campaign and few friendlies and next tourney in 2010 then carson looks the sensible choice to be out of all of them

but as i said none of them are to the standards of say casillas, buffon, vds which our main rivals would all have

[/quote]I''m afraid to say Villa would be higher if it wasn''t for Carson!!  they have conceded the second highest number of goals of all the teams in the top half of the Premiership and have conceded 8 goals more than West Ham from the same number of games.  In fact Carson has been shaky all season as one look at my dream team points will show!!

Greeno kept west ham united up last season. I remember when they played spurs and he made at least 10 world class saves but he was just left to keep everything out. we8wba obviously knows very little as carson was in goal for chalton last season and actually wasn''t that great (well it''s pretty obvious when they got relegated despite having a top scorer) and somebody haspointed out, he has very little effect for villa and he often makes some really bad howlers.

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

I think it''s far more down to Martin O''Neills tactics and coaching and the performances of Ashley Young, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Gareth Barry and John Carew.

After Carson''s mistake against Croatia the England defence went to pieces because they had no confidence in him.

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="Badger Pie"]

[/quote]

Good stat, put me in my place then, also main cause of that was utd drubbing and spurs 4-4 draw after 4-1 up, im guessing they kept more clean sheets then lol

[/quote]

Carson has kept 7 clean sheets this season (league games), versus 7 for Villa at the same stage last season. Carson had kept 5 clean sheets for Charlton at this stage last season.

Carson is over rated rubbish.... he isnt an England Goalkeeper... he is an Englishman playing in goal... that doesn''t automatically make him international class.

jas :)

I generally don''t like to bring computer games into things, but this is slightly different, on the fantasy premier league run by the premier league, Green is the highest scoring goalie in the prem.English keeper Scores:Green: 99James: 97Carson: 72Kirkland: 62Robinson: 46Bywater: 42(as a side note, Darren Ward is still pictured in a norwich shirt)

Green makes desperate clangers and I still think he''s as blind as a bat.....He doesn''t play well behind strong CB''s, remember the bust ups with Malky and Flem? Too nervous for InternationalsSadly, with a heavy heeart I''d go for the man who STILL cant take crosses, but thats more an English game thing anyway - JamesTruth is there is no outstanding candidate at the moment.....

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

what, hes on awesome form for west ham, im yet to see these ''many mistakes'' u claim he does ...

badger i like you as you proof your points with stats well done, also good post 7rew with your stats and figures

i think majority you will actually find villa willing to pay 10m for carson, and villa fans see him as a MUST signing, so if he so bad im sure they would want him out

yes agreed he not finished article but intime he will be one best in england and why not give him chance now if no major tournements upcoming?

and before anyone says he cost us euro 2008 he didnt. same could be said for gerrard who missed sitter vs russia when we was 1-0 up

Sticking with the Premier League Fantasy Football stats, here''s how some of the contenders shape up when you look at % of shots saved:

Hart 50/62 = 80%

James 71/93 = 76%

Green 61/81 = 75%

Carson 54/79 = 68%

Robinson 45/78 = 58%

Haven''t seen that much of Hart, but his stats even include the 6 conceded against Chelsea, so he''s doing ney bad.

carson played like he had a blindfold on against croatia - i''d have him back in the fold but playing friendly first half only to assess. greeno stakes a claim - and is probably worth a punt, alongside james of course.  as for mclaren - all his mates sent him umbrellas for xmas!!! ho, ho, ho.  if i''d known, i''d sent him one stuffed full of the contents of my cat''s litter tray.  how much did he get paid??? scandal.