Sign in to follow this  
Wiggle

Point Made?

I get the feeling that was part of the bigger picture that glenn roeder is trying to make. He plays a half hearted squad, and yes thats not at all a good excuse for us to loose, but did he just do this to make a point to the board that we have no strength in depth in our squad? I hope the board see this and give him the backing before the leicester match.

[quote user="Wiggle"]I get the feeling that was part of the bigger picture that glenn roeder is trying to make. He plays a half hearted squad, and yes thats not at all a good excuse for us to loose, but did he just do this to make a point to the board that we have no strength in depth in our squad? I hope the board see this and give him the backing before the leicester match.[/quote]

If that''s the case, and him having to resort to this ''tactic'' (for 800 brave but unfortunate fans to witness) and the board just shuffle their feet......I would find it very, very, sad.

sure wiggle - there''s parallels with northampton in the carling cup the year we went up.  worthy played young boys and we got ripped apart - then said to the board them or me??? paving the way for hucks, crouch and harper.  make no mistake - they''re business people first and foremost and fans second.

I agree with this Wiggle and said as much on a previous thread.  Seems to me that with Glen getting rid of the players he didn''t rate in advance of any new signings, then playing a few fringe players was about bringing matters to a head. 

I''ve absolutely no doubt that Glen wanted to win last night, but given our league position, he had no choice but to play the fringe players in the cup.

Reading Glen''s recent comments, I suspect he''s frustrated with the board already.  But for once we''ve got a manager with the courage of his conviction - I just hope the board respect this as much as I do and don''t call his bluff as there''s not a manager anywhere who could have done any better than Glen''s done - but like others, I fear he''ll leave if the board don''t support him.