Sign in to follow this  
ca

Bury v Norwich Match Thread

[quote user="NegativeVibes"]

On the BBC player rater (at the moment)

Our lowest rated player is Jarvis (4.25) and our highest is Dublin (6.88)

[/quote]

6.88 ? It''s not his rating it''s his height - but we''ve scored

[quote user="NegativeVibes"]

On the BBC player rater (at the moment)

Our lowest rated player is Jarvis (4.25) and our highest is Dublin (6.88)

[/quote]

Think that rating might go up a tad now.

[quote user="baldyboy"]wondered how long it would be before we got the good old quote " we can concentrate on the league" utter b******s, we should hammer these teams but we still have too much crap in our squad who aint up for the horrible winter nights, and as for pattison being like neilsen, i mentioned that a few weeks ago when he hadnt signed his contract. glenn will ship a few more out now i hope like jarvis, martin etc and the board had better back him, although they probably think weve turned the corner knowing them, and maybe the dingbats who think we will get to the play offs will ahve a reality check too!!! RANT OVER![/quote]

That is your opinion, and everyone has those including me.  And my opinion has always been the same, league first then cup.  It would have been lovely for NC to win, course it would, but in reality with the squad we have how much further would they have gone?  So tell me, in the course of friendly debate without swearing, is the cup more important or is the league more important?

The doc almost saves the day again. We really are desperate if we keep relying on him to save us. Thats the perfect point to make to the board.

looking forward to all these new signings now cos most of the players out their tonight don''t deserve our support, and that includes Mr Huckerby!

that is dissapointing, it makes me realise how threadbare our squad is, not a lot to offer up front.The annoying thing is that they will get more time on match of the day now, and we will look like dross!

I work with a Bury fan and will get "ripped" tomorrow - bugger.

if we cant beat bury can you honestly see us beating many more teams in the league? this could be catastrophic, no defeat is good, we should aim to win EVERY game, but too often people say the league is more important BUT a good cup run can breed confidence where a DEFEAT can demoralise an already poor squad.

Chris Goreham does get a tad excited doesn''t he....." It''s a giant-killing here at Gigg Lane" he says with his voice raised a few octaves too high for my taste.

all 11 who played tonight should all hang their boots up with immediate affect! Shocking! if they arent ashamed then they bloody should be!

jas :)

[quote user="Marty"]

I work with a Bury fan and will get "ripped" tomorrow - bugger.
[/quote]

I feel for ya mate i really do lol

what a night for 800 city fans - had to sit in the rain, didn''t see city have a shot down their end first half, and due to subdued celebrations by the players (says it all) didn''t even realise we''d score and so denied the opportunity to cheer in real time.. can''t wait to see the players ratings when they get back!!!!!!!!!.

Oh well..........a good cup run would have been nice and winning breeds confidence. BUT.......it will annoy some of you but the league really is our priority, we need to survive!

I would take 3 points on saturday over this anyday, it also sends out a message to the board that the squad isnt big enuff or gd enuff.

Cue canary call doom and gloomers..........."we''re gorn down Neil, he''s gortta gooo!"......"well we ken kiss ta da to the play orfs neil, it unt appen now will it!"

I am worried what this loss will do to the confidence of the team a loss is a loss at the end of the day whether its the cup or not.

In all honesty when was the last time we played well for most of a game?

We should have beaten this managerless poor performing L2 side end of story

Hang you heads in shame esp for the poor sods who went there tonight.

Roll on Saturday!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]if we cant beat bury can you honestly see us beating many more teams in the league? .[/quote]

Yes.

While I believe we should have won tonight and won without much difficulty I don''t see this being much of a problem when it comes to our league form.

We''ll win some, we''ll draw some and we''ll definitely lose some before the end of the season.

But we''ll finish above the drop zone, no worries.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Oh well..........a good cup run would have been nice and winning breeds confidence. BUT.......it will annoy some of you but the league really is our priority, we need to survive!

I would take 3 points on saturday over this anyday, it also sends out a message to the board that the squad isnt big enuff or gd enuff.

Cue canary call doom and gloomers..........."we''re gorn down Neil, he''s gortta gooo!"......"well we ken kiss ta da to the play orfs neil, it unt appen now will it!"

[/quote]

Exactly, and very well put

couldn''t agree more, I feel about as disappointed as I do when we lose a pre season friendly, it''s shame but in the grand scheme of things this means close to zero. Come saturday, I think we''ll see a very different side as long as we stay up that is the key and roeder and the players know that.