Sign in to follow this  
All dots

I was embarrassed to come to work today.

Disgraceful. Yet again I had to drive into work steeling myself for the inevitable jibes and jeering which duly occurred. Thanks Norwich.

[quote user="All dots"]Disgraceful. Yet again I had to drive into work steeling myself for the inevitable jibes and jeering which duly occurred. Thanks Norwich.[/quote]Why??  What were you driving?

[quote user="All dots"]Disgraceful. Yet again I had to drive into work steeling myself for the inevitable jibes and jeering which duly occurred. Thanks Norwich.[/quote]

Get over yourself...

Although i understand your frustration Norwich City Football Club have bigger worries than you being embarassed at work.

Its what comes with being a football fan ie Cov smashing Blackburn for Blackburn fans. If you had this opinion of sheer anger at your team every time they lost for embarassing you maybe you should support Man UTD you would not be let down so much. 

[quote user="All dots"]Disgraceful. Yet again I had to drive into work steeling myself for the inevitable jibes and jeering which duly occurred. Thanks Norwich.[/quote]

Take the day off then and go cry in your pillow, it''s only a game!

Bigger teams than us have also been embarrassed in the competition this year.  Sure it wasn''t a great performance but look it another way....It was a cup final for Bury, they had nothing to lose, the pitch was a mud bath, the stats show we could have won this at a canter, we have a shocking cup record in recent seasons.

Get over it mate, league performances are far more important.

as said on another post, it happens to all teams. least you have game to get over it straight away. i wont be mentioned after saturday and it wont be remembered till the 4th round that they knocked you out.

[quote user="we8wba"]as said on another post, it happens to all teams. least you have game to get over it straight away. i wont be mentioned after saturday and it wont be remembered till the 4th round that they knocked you out.[/quote]

I have been really touched by the sympathy and understanding expressed by fellow fans on my thread. Perhaps I should have mentioned that I live and work in Southsea with mostly Saints but some Portsmouth supporters so unlike most of you on this thread I was faced with derision when I arrived at work. Most of you probably live in Norfolk so you have no idea what it’s like to have the club you have supported all your life insulted to your face and, yes, over recent years I have had to put up with a helluva lot. Not nice. Oh, and yes of course I will get over it, already have. Unsurprisingly, supporting Norwich, I have learned to develop a very thick skin. I had the prospect of seeing 2 Norwich v Saints games within 5 days and thought to myself “Ok, we haven’t been Soton away since 1994 (so, yes, I approach these games with trepidation every season) but with 2 in 5 days surely we will win one of them” but, nope, that’s now evaporated and I can’t seen Saints being buried by Bury – can you ? Flipping heck, we had TWO opportunities to beat Bury, the first one at home, but they still beat us over 180 minutes. And to complete my misery Saints will probably beat us at St marys as well……………… oh, and please don’t get too excited, much of this is tongue in cheek. and, no, it''s not feasible for me to move to another company.

[quote user="bunny"]

Take the day off then and go cry in your pillow, it''s only a game!

[/quote]

No, for the players it''s their job.  Most of us would get the sack if we performed as badly.

[quote user="Dicky"]Call yourself a fan?  Get over it.[/quote]

Oh here we go, Mr "youre not a real fan" rears his head.

So, before, it was the worthy outers who werent "real fans" cos they didnt care for the club (only their "agenda"), now it''s this guy for caring TOO much. Classic.[:^)]

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"][quote user="All dots"]Disgraceful. Yet again I had to drive into work steeling myself for the inevitable jibes and jeering which duly occurred. Thanks Norwich.[/quote]

Why??  What were you driving?
[/quote]

I can feel those old Skoda jokes coming on again.......

[quote user="All dots"]

[quote user="we8wba"]as said on another post, it happens to all teams. least you have game to get over it straight away. i wont be mentioned after saturday and it wont be remembered till the 4th round that they knocked you out.[/quote]

I have been really touched by the sympathy and understanding expressed by fellow fans on my thread. Perhaps I should have mentioned that I live and work in Southsea with mostly Saints but some Portsmouth supporters so unlike most of you on this thread I was faced with derision when I arrived at work. Most of you probably live in Norfolk so you have no idea what it’s like to have the club you have supported all your life insulted to your face and, yes, over recent years I have had to put up with a helluva lot. Not nice. Oh, and yes of course I will get over it, already have. Unsurprisingly, supporting Norwich, I have learned to develop a very thick skin. I had the prospect of seeing 2 Norwich v Saints games within 5 days and thought to myself “Ok, we haven’t been Soton away since 1994 (so, yes, I approach these games with trepidation every season) but with 2 in 5 days surely we will win one of them” but, nope, that’s now evaporated and I can’t seen Saints being buried by Bury – can you ? Flipping heck, we had TWO opportunities to beat Bury, the first one at home, but they still beat us over 180 minutes. And to complete my misery Saints will probably beat us at St marys as well……………… oh, and please don’t get too excited, much of this is tongue in cheek. and, no, it''s not feasible for me to move to another company.

[/quote]

You will be able to get your own back on the saints fans soon when we stuff ''em in the league. 

Have you ever considered leaving your job in Ipswich?

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

Sorry that I have to say this Tom but you really are a bit of a twit to write this. You obviously haven''t read my message or, if you did, you have a concentration span of one second. Shall I say that again........ and again............and again ...........Oh God I give up.

Spare a thought for those of us who had to drive home after the game then!  I got home at 3 AM and it didn''t feel any better then than it had at 10 PM.  As to work - I haven''t had a single person mention it to me.  That must mean either that I am a hard man who can strike fear into peoples hearts with a single glance or that nobody I work with gives a monkeys whether Norwich win or lose - sadly the latter seems by far the most likely reason.  My long-suffering wife told me that we were the next to last game on MOTD despite being the biggest upset - at the moment we don''t even register on the radar of the average "football supporter". 

August 64

[quote user="August 64"]

Spare a thought for those of us who had to drive home after the game then!  I got home at 3 AM and it didn''t feel any better then than it had at 10 PM.  As to work - I haven''t had a single person mention it to me.  That must mean either that I am a hard man who can strike fear into peoples hearts with a single glance or that nobody I work with gives a monkeys whether Norwich win or lose - sadly the latter seems by far the most likely reason.  My long-suffering wife told me that we were the next to last game on MOTD despite being the biggest upset - at the moment we don''t even register on the radar of the average "football supporter". 

August 64

[/quote]

Believe me, I fully appreciate how you feel. I have driven to Norwich from Southsea with my children full of hope, excitement and expectation only to drive all the way back (more times tha I care to remember)the same day feeling dejected after an abysmal defeat. On the other hand, we have driven back many times glowing with satisfaction (particularly after beating Saints) listening to sports report. That''s what being a fan of Norwich is all bout. Bitter sweet !

How''s about this one - I live in Manchester, and am friends with people

who live in Bury and am currently sitting at work... luckily, none of

them give a stuff about football, but even if they did it wouldn''t

bother me coming into work, it''s only the FA Cup and we never do well

anyway. If you get upset whenever someone insults your football club,

you can''t have developed a very thick skin... I think they should sell

them in the Canaries Shop, we all need them these days!

[quote user="All dots"]

[/quote]

If you cannot change company what about changing club. Go on be a Brighton fan.

this reminds me of when we were in the Prem.

Losing to arsenal at Carrow Road, in a match i personally thought we played very well in... I went to the loo at half time when were 3-0 down and 2 chaps were shaking their heads saying it was "painful to watch" and "this is awful!" and "it hurts to see us like this"

when i pointed out that we are playing arsenal and its extremely unlikely we will beat them and that we had actually played well they looked at me, paused, shook their heads and said "painful to watch!"

Idiots!

jas :)

[quote user="All dots"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

Sorry that I have to say this Tom but you really are a bit of a twit to write this. You obviously haven''t read my message or, if you did, you have a concentration span of one second. Shall I say that again........ and again............and again ...........Oh God I give up.

[/quote]

Apologies, I didn''t see your 2nd post!

the pitch was a mud bath. Did you go?? The pitch at Bury is excellent and the ground is very good as well. It was simply a case of the Bury players being up for it and the home fans being that 12th man.

I have a lot of respect for NOrwich fans after coming down to carrow road but totally unfair to say a mud bath. Considering the torrential rain we had not many prem pitches would have been as good.

As long as they pay me I am never embarrassed to go work

[quote user="Tom NCFC"][quote user="All dots"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Apologies, I didn''t see your 2nd post!

[/quote]

Blimey Tom, they broke the mould when they made you. Apology accepted. Apology accepted. Apology accepted. Only joking, and sorry I jumped down your throat but I guess I was getting cheesed off with some of the replies I was reading.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

this reminds me of when we were in the Prem.

Losing to arsenal at Carrow Road, in a match i personally thought we played very well in... I went to the loo at half time when were 3-0 down and 2 chaps were shaking their heads saying it was "painful to watch" and "this is awful!" and "it hurts to see us like this"

when i pointed out that we are playing arsenal and its extremely unlikely we will beat them and that we had actually played well they looked at me, paused, shook their heads and said "painful to watch!"

Idiots!

jas :)

[/quote]

Sorry Jas, not sure what your point is. But you seem to be saying what i am. My family and I were at the Arsenal game too and, like you, we felt no embarrassment at the scoreline although (A) Bergkamps gaol at the end exaggerated the defeat (B) Arsenal should have had a player sent off when Hucks was fouled making a beeline for goal when i think the score was only 1 or 2 nil. In any case, losing to Bury over two games home and away and when we only just scraped a draw at home is the complete opposite - did p---s me off and has caused me embarrassment and probably only because I am such a passionate Norwich supporter and have been all my life and some of the replies to my original post have been quite simply moronic.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]How''s about this one - I live in Manchester, and am friends with people who live in Bury and am currently sitting at work... luckily, none of them give a stuff about football, but even if they did it wouldn''t bother me coming into work, it''s only the FA Cup and we never do well anyway. If you get upset whenever someone insults your football club, you can''t have developed a very thick skin... I think they should sell them in the Canaries Shop, we all need them these days!
[/quote]

Well Monkey if "none of the people you work with give a stuff about football" you are in a completely different situation from me then, aren''t you ? So, your reply is irrelevant.  

[quote user="All dots"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]How''s about this one - I live in Manchester, and am friends with people who live in Bury and am currently sitting at work... luckily, none of them give a stuff about football, but even if they did it wouldn''t bother me coming into work, it''s only the FA Cup and we never do well anyway. If you get upset whenever someone insults your football club, you can''t have developed a very thick skin... I think they should sell them in the Canaries Shop, we all need them these days![/quote]

Well Monkey if "none of the people you work with give a stuff about football" you are in a completely different situation from me then, aren''t you ? So, your reply is irrelevant.  

[/quote]Charming... [:$]

[quote user="bradley1"]

the pitch was a mud bath. Did you go?? The pitch at Bury is excellent and the ground is very good as well. It was simply a case of the Bury players being up for it and the home fans being that 12th man.

I have a lot of respect for NOrwich fans after coming down to carrow road but totally unfair to say a mud bath. Considering the torrential rain we had not many prem pitches would have been as good.

[/quote]

Have to agree with bradley 1 on this one......

We all have this idea that lower League teams have mud-baths for pitches but I was there last night and it looked in superb condition considering all the rain we''ve had recently. The pitch was pretty soggy - hardly surprising - but didn''t cut up.

If any one''s looking for '' poor pitch '' excuse for our defeat then I''m afraid they''re out of luck.

[quote user="bradley1"]

[/quote]

Have to agree with bradley 1 on this one......

We all have this idea that lower League teams have mud-baths for pitches but I was there last night and it looked in superb condition considering all the rain we''ve had recently. The pitch was pretty soggy - hardly surprising - but didn''t cut up.

If any one''s looking for '' poor pitch '' excuse for our defeat then I''m afraid they''re out of luck.