Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Which is the real Norwich City?

Is it the sluggish lot who barely turned up last night, short on confidence and movement, nervous when presented chances in gola? Or is it the team that played the second half at Barnsley, who could have scored 5 if their finishing was up to it?It doesn''t seem to matter who is selected and plays in what position. Over ninety minutes both teams may appear. You would have expected that after Barnsley and after the dominance in our first match against Bury we would have stroked the ball about confidently. After nine games unbeaten confidence should have been sky-high.It must make GR pull his hair out sometimes. Grant had the same problem - turned in a fantastic appearance at Stamford Bridge, and capitulated against weaker teams. Even Worthington''s teams had the same problem on occasions.This really about consistency, but it is also about forgetting pre-match preparations.I can only think that one or two vital players have an off day, and the rest lose confidence. If players do not run into spaces, then people like Fozzy have nowhere to pass, and he has no option but a sideways pass. If one of the fullbacks is easily beaten early on, then a collective panic sets in. If the strikers miss early chances, heads drop.There surely are not many other teams which are so Jeckyll and Hyde. GR has to find some players better that one or two who played last night, but he has also to find the reason for this lack of consistency and then encourage them to play regularly at their best.

somewhere in between last nights and Barnsleys..

on our day we are more than capable.. but off our day and we are nothing short of a joke....

we need to work harder to eradicate shoddy play and get rid of the lazy attitude...

Some 5 am starts in training will sort the wheat from the chaff...

jas :)

If you look at the stats and the fact that we forced two or three very good saves out of the keeper I think you will see why we need someone who has no trouble in putting that ball in the back of the net - whether that be by a bundle over the line or a simple side foot I don''t care.We also need to be more adventurous and have a dig from distance sometimes. Fozzy got one at the weekend through a speculative effort.I just think last night was a good example of what happens if nearly everyone in your team fails to get out of 1st gear - you shudder a bit, occaisionaly get a smooth patch and then eventually stall altogether!