Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Marshall in 2.5 million deal with Man City

I suppose it could have helped us with the dramatic change of heart from Sven in allowing Ched Evans back here after originally saying no.

[quote user="Steve Burns"]Is this why we are rumoured to be looking at another keeper ?[/quote]

I had an inkling as soon as i saw the Pink''un headline, i don''t see any other reason why Roeder would be giving a trial to another ''keeper?. Given the fact we''ve got Man City connections it could well be possible.........Ched Evens swap perhaps? And £2.5mil? That''s the figure that is being rumoured we will offer Derby for Earnshaw today....Hmm

Who knows? I think it would be a good deal.

Not sure about having Earnie back, need a big man. My question is why get rid of Lewis if we are planning to sell Marshall? Doesnt make sense.

I hope that my mate isnt right to be honest, but he got Andy Hughes transfer to Leeds spot on.

Issakson is being allowed to leave and Schmiechel has apparently also either been allowed to leave or told he is not wanted.

Hart looked far from impressive last night so it is possible...

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"]Highly unlikely. He would be going there as 4th choice behind Hart, Schmeichel and Isaksson.[/quote]

Eriksson has said he does not rate any of them as highly as hart - but i believe he would be looking for a new keeper. He keeps swapping them all - not the greatest show of confidence is it?

Highly unlikely. He would be going there as 4th choice behind Hart, Schmeichel and Isaksson.

Unfortunately, Road, I think you are wrong. It would provide SGE with the opportunity to send Hart out on loan - Schmeichel already is.

I say cash Marshall in as £1.5m is a good profit in half a season and means we can blood Lewis at long last...

Oh...Confused [*-)]

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"]Highly unlikely. He would be going there as 4th choice behind Hart, Schmeichel and Isaksson.[/quote]

they wouldn''t pay 2.5m to be 4th choice, besides schmeichel is on loan at cardiff at the moment anyway, he would probabll be 2nd choice behind hart, competing for the number 1 spot, if this is true i would sell him, don''t rate him that much anyway and gilks can''t be that bad, 2.5m is a lot of money for norwich

2.5 million is a good deal IF celtic dont have a sell on clause (which for a young and promising keeper, I suspect they do)

No he wouldn''t. Isaakson is injury prone, Schmeichael isn''t very good and is on loan at Cardiff. Hart is a good keeper but still young. Marshall is an International keeper at a good age.

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"]Highly unlikely. He would be going there as 4th choice behind Hart, Schmeichel and Isaksson.[/quote]Apparently Isaksson is likely to leave, and Schmeichel has been loaned out to Cardiff until recently so they might be tempted to ''do a Joe Lewis'' with him. I heard that Sven rates Joe Hart very highly and sees him as a future England No.1, so I don''t think he''d drop him, and £2.5m seems a lot to pay for a keeper to sit on the bench. I hope there''s no truth in this rumour, or it makes the sale of Joe Lewis even more galling...

[quote user="Dirty Lyle"]

Highly unlikely. He would be going there as 4th choice behind Hart, Schmeichel and Isaksson.

Unfortunately, Road, I think you are wrong. It would provide SGE with the opportunity to send Hart out on loan - Schmeichel already is.

I say cash Marshall in as £1.5m is a good profit in half a season and means we can blood Lewis at long last...

Oh...Confused [*-)]

[/quote]

Fair enough Lyle but ;

Is Marshall good enough to be the number 1 at a Premiership team vying for a place in the Top four and potentially Champions League football?

Also, although 2.5m is too good to turn down, can we afford to put the unproven Gilks in goal bearing in mind our precarious position?

yeh but think bout it if sven dont let ched go then we dont let marshall go.............up ures sven

For me its a yes, a big yes, we can not afford to sell palyers but at that price, it would be a good deal.

So for you, is it a yes or no? One word answers on an electronic postcard to Pinkun.

Fair enough, hadnt heard any transfer speculation about their keepers but still possible.

Personally I would take 2.5 Mil for Marshall, if this is indeed true.

Very unlikely to be our Marshall, even if we seem to be looking for keepers. Could it be Andrew Marshall? (Only joking)Would Sven need a third or fourth keeper behind Hate, who is highly regarded, and could he spend £2.5 million? I doubt it.

I''ve heard a rumour that Marshall is on his way, courtesy of Doncaster, to pay for a new Director''s sushi bar. Gunn is being lined up to make a surprise comeback in goal.

[quote user="Grando"]I''ve heard a rumour that Marshall is on his way, courtesy of Doncaster, to pay for a new Director''s sushi bar. Gunn is being lined up to make a surprise comeback in goal.[/quote]

Rule 1: If you have nothing constructive to say make sure that;

a, Mention that any money coming into NCFC will be used for Directors fripperies.

b, You take a swipe at Doncaster.

Works every time on the pink''un forums.....

Gilks is supposed to be class, and if we got another keeper on cheap, yeah I''d take 2.5 million for Marshall, especially if Evans was the sweetener! Then I''d snap their hands off... [:)]

[quote user="Salopian"]Would Sven need a third or fourth keeper behind Hate, who is highly regarded, and could he spend £2.5 million? I doubt it.[/quote]Have you got something against Joe Hart? ;)

I think smackyabumichal came back from Cardif with a not so highly rated as at the start of the season, I think that Sven would get Marsh but then again, if he is in the market for a new keeper who is proven in the Prem, unlike Marsh, he could pump for Robinson of Spurs, he would not cost more than 5 million, he may be prone to a few errors here and there, but still good.

Fair enough Lyle but ;

Is Marshall good enough to be the number 1 at a Premiership team vying for a place in the Top four and potentially Champions League football?

Also, although 2.5m is too good to turn down, can we afford to put the unproven Gilks in goal bearing in mind our precarious position?

If Man City are prepared to pay £2.5m for him I don''t care whether he makes their team or not (he has played Champion''s League before though...)

I rate Marshall but the money (assuming no sell on fee due to Celtic) would pay for a very useful striker or two.

As you say Road, Gilks is unproven - but, conversely, he may well turn out to be a better prospect than Marshall if some faith is shown in his abilities.

Its lucky we have such an experienced goalkeeping coach like James Hollman on board to advise the management in this sit-you-a-shun...

Oh, wait a minute....  

£2.5 Million financially would be a great deal, consideirng what we paid for him 6 months ago. But, good keepers arent easy to find and we wouldnt want to be searching for one again.

This aint going to happen im sure, if there was any interest in Marshall, or any indication we would like to cash in, theres no way Joe Lewis would have been sold. Lewis went becasue of a lack of opportunities, he would have been number 2 probably, and would have been number 1 without Marshall. I think this is a definate non starter.

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"][quote user="Dirty Lyle"]

Oh...Confused [*-)]

[/quote]

Fair enough Lyle but ;

[/quote]

I would hardly call Mr Gilks inexperienced - albeit at a lower level but he already has nearly 180 first team appearances to his credit.  When at Rochdale he commanded his area in much the same way as it is said Joe Lewis does but he has a bigger mouth and can usually be heard several streets away from the ground.