Sign in to follow this  
 Green and Yellow

Earnshaw

Apparently Rob Earnshaw has stated that he would be prepared to go out on loan in order to get 1st team football. With that in mind would you object to NCFC getting him on loan until the end of the season?.

yes

1. he wont come back as he never wanted to be here in the first place.

and

2. he wont solve the problem.. he misses more chances than Jamie cureton! we need someone who can score with whaty could be the only chance they get in a game.. not after 15 chances ala Earnie

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

he wont solve the problem.. he misses more chances than Jamie cureton! we need someone who can score with whaty could be the only chance they get in a game.. not after 15 chances ala Earnie

[/quote]

Can I remind you that this is the guy who scored almost 20 goals in the first half of the season and without them (and assuming Leeds wouldn''t have taken their points deduction) we would have been relegated?

yes

and

2. he wont solve the problem.. he misses more chances than Jamie cureton! we need someone who can score with whaty could be the only chance they get in a game.. not after 15 chances ala Earnie

[/quote]

is point 2 a joke? Earnshaw didn''t make himself too many friends around these parts when he left but it would be stupid to deny he was a quality striker. His record speaks for itself. He is in a completely different league to Cureton and as previously mentioned we would have almost certainly gone down without his goals. He also would have probably been the divisions top scorer if he had avoided injury, in a team much worse than our present crop.

yes

and

[/quote]

I think I would prefer the "genuine" Earnshaw to the "poor mans Earnshaw"

Also, I don''t recall him ever saying he didn''t want to play for us. He simply said he had ambitions to play in the Prem. Who can fault him for that?

If Earnie had been playing this season we would have a lot more than 27 in the "goals for" column.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

yes

and

[/quote]

Also, I don''t recall him ever saying he didn''t want to play for us. He simply said he had ambitions to play in the Prem. Who can fault him for that?

If Earnie had been playing this season we would have a lot more than 27 in the "goals for" column.

[/quote]

no he didnt say it Ricardo.. but he negotiated a buyout clause into his contract.. Hence making himself open to offers from Day 1.. if he had wanted to play for us that would never of existed and he would of been "sad to leave".... also.. somone Tipped Derby off to the fact  he had this clause.. Remember an interview with Earnshaw saying he had met Billy Davies at the Millenium stadium after a wales game...

I''ll leave u to do the maths

Back in the real world - Earnie had a chance to return to the Premiership and on a much higher salary to boot!

If you was offered another job doing exactly the same thing and gettting much more money then who wouldn''t go?

If we would of got promoted Earnie would not of looked twice at Derby and would of been happy to stay with us!

Footballers careers are short so they have to grab every opportunity that comes there way. Affinities to clubs don''t exist for the vast majority of players, its a business!

As for having Earnie back - I wouldn''t be against it but we need a big targetman more than we need need another midget up front, though Earnie and a big, tall striker coming in would be nice!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

yes

and

[/quote]

[/quote]

no he didnt say it Ricardo.. but he negotiated a buyout clause into his contract.. Hence making himself open to offers from Day 1.. if he had wanted to play for us that would never of existed and he would of been "sad to leave".... also.. somone Tipped Derby off to the fact  he had this clause.. Remember an interview with Earnshaw saying he had met Billy Davies at the Millenium stadium after a wales game...

I''ll leave u to do the maths

[/quote]

i dont think any of his performaces were ever demonstrating a lack of commitment. i appreciate what you say about the buyout clause, but they are unfortunately a reality of the modern game. im not against the board but i do believe it was somewhat stupid not insisting the buy out fee be higher than the initial transfer fee. it will never happen but i would certainly welcome back a player of earnshaws quality back with open eyes, none of our strikers touch him at this level.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]but he negotiated a buyout clause into his contract.. Hence making himself open to offers from Day 1.. if he had wanted to play for us that would never of existed [/quote]

Get real Jas.  What a ridiculous position to take.  I think most reaonably minded people can understand why Earnshaw wanted to have another bite at the Premiership.  Similarly, I think most reasonably minded fans would love to see him in a Norwich shirt again. 

Whether it''s Sutton, Eadie, Fleck, Phelan... they all left for more money and a crack at the ''big time''.  No idea why you''ve got a downer on Earnshaw for displaying similar tendancies.

[quote user="scott"]

Back in the real world - Earnie had a chance to return to the Premiership and on a much higher salary to boot!

If you was offered another job doing exactly the same thing and gettting much more money then who wouldn''t go?

If we would of got promoted Earnie would not of looked twice at Derby and would of been happy to stay with us!

Footballers careers are short so they have to grab every opportunity that comes there way. Affinities to clubs don''t exist for the vast majority of players, its a business!

As for having Earnie back - I wouldn''t be against it but we need a big targetman more than we need need another midget up front, though Earnie and a big, tall striker coming in would be nice!

[/quote]

Totally agree with all yout points Scott. I''m not proud,  I would have Earnie back in a heartbeat.