Sign in to follow this  
Freeza

Keegan appointed at Newcastle

That puts to bed one of the most craziest rumours I''ve ever heard! -

At Barnsley last Saturday a guy was saying that Roeder was on his way back to Newcastle!!!

Probably not worst news for us if we are still thinking of Ameobi/others.  Sure he is going to want a look at everyone, but Keegan and Roeder were team mates (and good mates) at Newcastle in the mid-80s.  Keegan backed Roeder publicly for the Newcastle job when he was Caretaker only.

I had an inkling that this would happen, but with Alan Shearer as his assistant. I think he will do a good job, as he did the previous time that he managed them, when they led the Premiership by twelve points until they signed Faustino Asprilla. Good luck Kevin and I hope they give you at least until the end of the season!!!  

I don''t understand all the humility about this? 

Personally I think he will do a better job than the previous few managers. Top six finish within next two seasons, but mayor cash injection , needed to stand any chance of getting in top 4 and then still no guarantees.  Can see him winning the league cup.

[quote user="Nishclishbang"]Probably not worst news for us if we are still thinking of Ameobi/others.  Sure he is going to want a look at everyone, but Keegan and Roeder were team mates (and good mates) at Newcastle in the mid-80s.  Keegan backed Roeder publicly for the Newcastle job when he was Caretaker only.[/quote]

I was thinking this myself. It could work out very nicely for us, given the respect they have for each other.

Certainly Glenns got more good history with Keegan than with hoof-ball Sam.  

This is the best news I think i''ve ever heard, I almost crashed my car when it came on the radio!If he gets Big Al and Mark '' Lawro '' Lawrenson on board then im switching my support to the north east. NO LIE.

I wouldn''t laugh too much - Sky Sports News this morning were talking of Lee Clark going back there as First Team Coach!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Personally I think he will do a better job than the previous few managers. Top six finish within next two seasons, but mayor cash injection , needed to stand any chance of getting in top 4 and then still no guarantees.  Can see him winning the league cup.

[/quote]"...humility..."? Check the dictionary.

Seems to me that their owner has been paying far too much attention to the fans he sits with.

When KK was manager first time round Newcastle were huge spenders, up there with Man Utd and Liverpool at the time. With all the new money (Villa, West Ham, Man City etc.) sloshing round The Premiership these days it won''t be so easy to buy success.

One thing''s for sure it will be a damn sight more interesting for the neutral than it was undr Fat Sam. I wonder what Mr Sports Science thinks about being replaced by a man whose basic grasp of tactics amounts to "If you score six we''ll score seven" [:D].

When i got home from work and switched on Sky Sports News to see the breaking news that Keegan was the new boss at Newcastle i nearly fell off my chair.  This is such a strange appointment because he has been out of football for 2 and a half years and apparently hasn''t even been watching football since he left Man City so surely he can''t have much idea what is going on in the game at the moment.  The Premership has changed since he was in it, the teams are all a lot better and the days of out and out attacking football are a thing of the past.  Newcastles biggest problem over the recent years is being unable to defend so they have brought in a manager that does even know what defence is.

Having said all that though i gotta say that i really like Kevin Keegan and think although tactically as a manager he is not the best, what he does have is passion and a love for the game and you know that he will put in 100% and make sure every player on the pitch does as well.  Just got this feeling that he might well do a good job because he might be the person the fans give enough time to build a team.

Good luck to Kevin and Newcastle as i think there are some fun times ahead

I really dont see why people are finding this so funny and hilarious........

The new owner of the club has given the fans what they want - whats wrong with that?

Just think if the Norwich board followed that example, Taylor would probably wearing an NCFC every saturday afternoon by now

Good luck to Keegan i say and as stated in previous replies on this post he does get on with Roeder so surely thats a good thing for Norwich as well?

[quote user="Geordie Observer"]

The new owner of the club has given the fans what they want - whats wrong with that?

Just think if the Norwich board followed that example, Taylor would probably wearing an NCFC every saturday afternoon by now

Good luck to Keegan i say and as stated in previous replies on this post he does get on with Roeder so surely thats a good thing for Norwich as well?

[/quote]

Kevin wasn''t actually the first choice though........was he.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Geordie Observer"]

[/quote]

Kevin wasn''t actually the first choice though........was he.

[/quote]

My guess is that he wasn''t even the second choice ( and I don''t mean Shearer ). I think this is a "panic call" by Mike Ashley where, once the public awareness was there on his first choice, he acted more like a fan than a businessman. We shall see how long the euphoria lasts.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]"...humility..."? Check the dictionary.
[/quote]

Cheers I hadn''t thought of that one Gerri

[quote user="Adam_Newcastle91"]

[quote user="Heeley5"]Love it if we beat them!!!!! love it!!!!![/quote]

Norwich beating us hahaha take up stand up comedy please im in stitches

[/quote]

remind me of the result the last time the two teams met in a competitive fixture?

I think most vacancies in stand-up comedy have been filled by the board, managers and fans of NUFC.

and when was this fixture by my calculations nearly 3 years its been since u played us shows how downward you are and if its not at least another 3 years until you play us in the league ill be surprised