Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

end of the roed for hucks?????

city legend hucks is having a bad time - his performances have dropped, is no longer first choice, looking less likely to get a contract for next season, and subbed when 2 down against bury.  poor guy has lost his saviour status this season and is playing like a mere mortal, and a poor one at that on occasions.  he''s a good player to have on your bench - but thats alot of wedge for a benchwarmer.  dosh that isn''t justified at the mo by performances and contribution.  he says his last season will be with us, and i hope he can give good value until the end - playing his part in a late surge up the table!!!

Hasn''t this subject already been discussed in several threads over the past month?

yep sadly have to agree with all those comments dont understand what has  happened to him?? Free his contract wages ????? or should we keep him and use him as a super sub?

Hucks was absolutely shocking tonight, he is past it and was far too scared to have a shot or get a cross in. He is useless in the team now. The best we can hope for him is the role of "supersub"

Was he any worse than the other wasters ? the whole team were crap lets get rid of them all .

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Hucks was absolutely shocking tonight, he is past it and was far too scared to have a shot or get a cross in. He is useless in the team now. The best we can hope for him is the role of "supersub"[/quote]

Did you go tonight? I thought you didn''t go to games.

think it is a great shame after all he has done for the club but i have to agree. he has shown he can still be effective if used as an impact player from the bench (probably not enough to justify him being a top earner at the club) but has generally been poor when starting games. huckerby has always unbalanced the midfield but he has always justified selection by performances, argueably he is no longer doing that.

any thoughts who you would like to see play down the left? no one presently at the club does it for me.

I don''t understand why NCFC fans always seem ready to dump on the better players. If Huckerby had a bad game today, then be glad it was today and not when it really matters.  What about the other 10 players on the pitch? Did any of them play above and beyond to cover up Huckerby''s supposedly weak play, you know, the way he has completely dominated his side of the field to draw the focus away from some of the lame-os sharing the field with him? Our defense has been a sieve for 3 1/2 years, and you want to get rid of Huckerby?

Send him to Houston so he can play for the Dynamo where he will be appreciated!

You can ask any Championship defenders: will they write Hucks off when they play against him? I doubt nobody will say Yes because he was always a threaten. Just one bad game and will not cost the player from hero to zero.

Don''t forget Hucks was not started in last few games, also Glenn had changed the system by not playing 4-4-2 as before, player had to adjust their playing style. All we know Hucks is a left winger/forward more than attacking midfielder, so yesterday he was quite and it was easily expected. I can''t say the manager played him out of position, but he can''t do anything in central of midfield.

But give Hucks him, he will prove people wrong.

Thing is I doubt we have the money to replace him in this transfer window (considering we also want/need a striker and defender). If we are looking to off load him I''d say wait until his contract runs out and simply don''t renew it rather than terminate it now.

Hes probably got enough left in the tank to get us through this season but perhaps next year the USA is the place for him to go.

I have got to agree that this season Hucks has looked a shadow of his normal self. Is/has he been carrying some sort of injury ?

The reason I ask is, this season he has totally lost his pace and ability to pass defenders, and, without this he looks very ordinary.

In the past the only way you could stop huckerby was putting 2 or more players on him, creating space for the rest of the team. Now they don''t. He hasn''t beaten many players this season and a lot of his performances have been shocking. I hope he can turn it around but you just get the sense that it''s over for him.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

I was at Gigg Lane last night and, yes, Huckerby was poor ( with everyone else )

I honestly can''t see him being at Carrow Road next season. The writing''s been on the wall for a while now and I''d rather he left leaving us with good memories....

[/quote]

agreed...

still think we should see if we can cash in on him this window from LA galaxy and use the money to sign a striker to replace him with

jas :)

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Hucks was absolutely shocking tonight, he is past it and was far too scared to have a shot or get a cross in. He is useless in the team now. The best we can hope for him is the role of "supersub"[/quote]

[/quote]

I was at the game yes so no need for your snide comments. I paid money to watch that sh*t so I am entitled to my opinion, and Hucks was bloody awful, as were the other 13.

I live quite a way from norwich so dont get to many games but did get to Bury the other day. Hucks was awful, never looked in the slightest like he would beat his man and get a cross or shot in. But I am interested to know from others, is this the standard he has played at all season (I appreciate he has been carrying an injury) or was this just particularly bad??

diabolicalmastermind 

I personally think he''s not been himself all this season so far, you sometimes see the glint of the old hucks, but not often enough for my liking, such a shame.

i would use hi as a sub now, he will have much more impact then, play pattison on the left, russell and fotheringham in the middle and chadwick on the right, croft thier until he is fit, keep him for the rest of the season though and i think he will either retire or go somewhere else in the summer anyway

In the first half of the Sheff Utd match, he was superb. I think it is merely a case of when he can be bothered, he plays well, but that seldomly happens. He earns about £15k a week, and if that is the case, then for that money you shouyld expect someone who is consistently excellent at this level.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[/quote]

I was at the game yes so no need for your snide comments. I paid money to watch that sh*t so I am entitled to my opinion, and Hucks was bloody awful, as were the other 13.

[/quote]

Just a question dear boy and not ''snide comments'' as you put it in the plural. You have as we know repeatedly stated that you don''t go to games so it would be fair of me to expect that you didn''t go to this one either, particularly as this hasn''t stopped you from passing comment historically. On this occasion you are entitled to your opinion.

Hucks has had it.  Legend, good servant, good luck in MLS, no use to us anymore.  I''m not being nasty or anything he HAS been a legend for us but sometimes you have to be able to see when a players time is up, however hard it may be.