Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Andy Bishop

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Burys top Scorer, Scored twice against us now... and he''s a target man....

worth a punt?

jas :)

[/quote]Would he want to take a step down though ? 

could be, he was certainly very composed for their second goal.depends how old he is really - I don''t thinks he''s that young.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

worth a punt?

[/quote]

Scoring two against us doesn''t exactly enhance his CV......

I think he''d be found wanting at Chanpionship level.

Would probably do a job as a squad player and would certainly be more effective than Jarvis and Martin - PUT TOGETHER!

We desperately need another targetman as well as Dublin!

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

worth a punt?

[/quote]

Would he want to take a step down though ? 
[/quote]

But he''ll be cup tied

Oh Wait...

He''s a quality striker who is bound for the championship, he scored 22 goals last season for a team who just about stayed in the division, great effort by anyone. He''s got pace, he''s strong and very good in the air. We''ve turned down bids from leeds and wolves in the summer so id imagine were asking a fair amonut for him, as for porter he was at bury 3 and half years ago, he was good in the air but lacked pace.

[quote user="Shaker86"]He''s a quality striker who is bound for the championship, he scored 22 goals last season for a team who just about stayed in the division, great effort by anyone. He''s got pace, he''s strong and very good in the air. We''ve turned down bids from leeds and wolves in the summer so id imagine were asking a fair amonut for him, as for porter he was at bury 3 and half years ago, he was good in the air but lacked pace.[/quote]

Sign him up NOW Roeder!!!!!

[quote user="Matt"]

Lol!

I remember him at York, great at that level but no where near good enough for the step up to the Championship.

[/quote]

This is a gamble that lots have clubs have taken and it has helped and worked. I feel the major facture, as with most things is the price, if we could get him for say 200k, then he is worth a punt, sell him later if he does not work. We don''t know if he is not good enough for this league, simple as that, but look at players like Eastwood, Kightly etc, they stepped up, we know about others who didn''t but sometimes you can find a good gem in the lower leagues. It also not like we have a massive amount of choice or money is it?

Andy "His Boots Were Made For Scoring" Bishop was a legend at York, and at such a young age.  I got to see him bag a hat-trick against an admittedly poor Forest Green (who had a certain Z. Abbey leading their line) - he''s good in the air, can hold the play up to bring in the midfield players, and knows where the goal is.  He''s got a touch and composure that belies his lowly league status, and I think I''ve probably said before that he''d be worth a punt, and certainly as more than a squad member - for me, it was certainly no surprise to see his name on the score-sheet in both games! He''d probably be cheap, too, and if we were the only club going in for him, I can''t see him not making the move.He''s also spent most of his youth in a city similar to Norwich in terms of size, style and the nightlife, so there''d be none of the "big city" qualms, unless he''d grown fond of Manchester, of course, which is easy to do these days...Doubt it''ll happen, though... we may agree, but many more fans would scream that Roeder was going down that old Norwich cliche of buying a player just cos they''d scored against us....