Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

HERE IS THE TRUTH!

We have a top manager who our Board had better back or else we might live to regret it.

Huckerby - has been a great player for us but he honestly cannot be arsed these days and is a liability to the team as a starter.

Shackell cannot pass the ball to save his life - he is a League 1 hoofer.

Ryan Jarvis doesn''t have the mentality or pace to make it.

Croft flatters to deceive and can''t string two good games together.

Fotheringham is NOT a good passer of the ball, infact, he has passed the ball well in two games this season and poorly in the others.

It''s Pattison OR Russell, not both.

Martin does not have the mentality to be a professional - he may do in time but needs some hard knocks first.

There is very little is reserve.

Good luck Glenn, you have done well with some poor players by loaning well....now I hope you are supported to buy well. BTW on that free Saturday get them in ALL day for passing practise.

interesting points Rude old.. Slightly disagree with the Fozzy ones though... he is the motor, the engine if u like.. his movement is important as he pulls players out of position.. a decent attacking midfielder would take advantage of that fact

jas :)

yeah agree with most of it but have to disagree with the fozzy comment think he is a good player. If he cant pass how come he managed to set up the 2 goals we scored against Barnsley and obviously scored one. ( i know he didnt have to pass to score lol)

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Cureton gives his all but he has never been given the sort of service he needs. Michael Owen couldn''t score in our team.[/quote]

Bet he bloody well could! We keep saying he is only as gd as the service he gets but every chance we get seems to fall to him! Anyone see the miss leading up to the goal!! Or the chances at home against Bury?

I cannot fault his commitment to the yella and green cause but some people are really being blinkered in thinking he can get us the goals we need. Ched and someone new up top for me, for the time being.........

If anyone thinks JC will get 20 then we can have a bet and donate the money to the academy..........

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Cureton gives his all but he has never been given the sort of service he needs. Michael Owen couldn''t score in our team.[/quote]

He has had better service recently though but has missed a lot of chances... to be honest none of our strikers are up to it apart from Dublin but he won''t be around forever.

Cureton missed another one on one with the keeper tonight , hes crap and needs getting rid of .

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Harsh on Croft? Buy him a black and white cat (work it out).[/quote]It is harsh on Croft considering he is very rarely given a run of games, and he has played well for the last few. To add to that these "opinions" have come off the back of a woeful performance which you can hardly blame Croft for.He was a sub and at least tried to lift the game, it was his hard work and never-say die attitude that managed to apply the pressure and get us a goald back.Harsh - defenitely.The problem with the once beautiful game is that suddenly everyone is an expert on who is good, who is not and how we could all do a better job than the manager! Please quit the whinging - I haven''t heard so much since I sat with the old ''uns in the old South Stand.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]HERE IS THE TRUTH!..........But who is to blame?[/quote]

mmmmmmmm no comment.... [:#]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]HERE IS THE TRUTH!..........But who is to blame?[/quote]

YOU ARE TO BLAME MELLO! For consistently turning up game after game, year after year to support the product of a Board you don''t believe in.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Harsh on Croft? Buy him a black and white cat (work it out).[/quote]

Rude Old, You lovely old boy , where do you get these Gems from ?.[:D] arrdee.

Why is Fozzy not a good passer? just because he doesn''t do Beckhams doesn''t mean he isn''t good.And why does Jarvis have to have pace, most of our other players don''t.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Harsh on Croft? Buy him a black and white cat (work it out).[/quote]

He looks nothing like Postman Pat!

But he doesn''t deliver regularly.

Fact is  - we''ve not played superbly over the last 9 games, but we have carved out results. Last time we played *really* crap Roeder used it to kick arse i.e. Plymouth. Knowing we''ve got to lose sometime, this was the best time and Roeder is probably glad of the chance to kick some arse rather than having to be positive about shoddy performances that still got a decent result... I realise it sounds arse about face!

It was quite blatent that the team doesn''t care for the cup, and that only the league is important. Yes, it''s a total embarrasment, yes, we really aren''t that good. But, no, it''s not the end of the world or life as we know it. Hopefully we''ll respond similar to the aftermath of Plymouth and Roeder can use it to string another (continued?) good run in the league.

[quote user="chicken"]Please quit the whinging - I haven''t heard so much since I sat with the old ''uns in the old South Stand.
[/quote]

You are with the old ones! This board is riddled with them!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

We have a top manager who our Board had better back or else we might live to regret it.

Huckerby - has been a great player for us but he honestly cannot be arsed these days and is a liability to the team as a starter.

Fotheringham is NOT a good passer of the ball, infact, he has passed the ball well in two games this season and poorly in the others.

Martin does not have the mentality to be a professional - he may do in time but needs some hard knocks first.

Good luck Glenn, you have done well with some poor players by loaning well....now I hope you are supported to buy well. BTW on that free Saturday get them in ALL day for passing practise.

[/quote]Agree with some points, Shackell for one, he'' average at best, but your way off the mark with Fozzy, way way off and it makes me wonder how many games youve been to this season, are you another Smudger arm chair poster? It sounds like your basing your opinion of Fozzy on a few poor performances last season. Since his return from injury he has been nothing short of remarkable and 100% the main reason for our upturn in fortune the last 2 months. We have missed his passing and spoiler play all season and he makes a world of difference to the city midfield, the Wolves and Charlton games are prime examples, without him we''re average and not able to beat teams, with him our attacking play is 10 times better, he makes us tick, pure and simple, and its all down to his quick thinking, incisive creative passing, and switching play straight away, not thinking about it and then taking 3 passes to get the ball to Hucks etc, which is what we do without him.The Barnsley game was a culmination of the last 2 months and the work Fozzy has put in, a great pass for the first goal, scored the second and great corner for the third. Without him we''d have lost that game. Disagree on the Crofty points as well, he''s been in and out of the team all season, but played regular the last few games since Smith went back, and he''s been superb. At the end of the day if Fozzy was as poor as you say he is, Roeder would never have made him captain, this speaks volumes about the player, and his confirmation of what i and other intelligent NCFC fans think, that he has the attributes we need, and he has shown them in abundance to backup Roeder''s decision. With Crofty Roeder has sung his praises recently and he''s playing him ahead of Hucks nowadays, that says a lot.I do get sick of people slating players who obviously dont attend matches, this must be the case with you otherwise you would have never made this comment - Fotheringham is NOT a good passer of the ballYou make some good points, like Shackell, Jarvis, Martin and the Board, but your 100% wrong with the Fozzy and Croft comments.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

[/quote]

Interesting post Rudolph and I can see where your coming from on all points but don''t totally agree. For what its worth I think :-

We certainly do have a good manager, better than we could have hoped for and better than most of us thought we had when he was appointed. The board need to back him, as I believe they backed Grant. The last time it appeared they didn''t back a manager with the funds he asked for was Worthy in the summer of 2006 when we still had parachute payments which I still find unforgivable.

Huckerby - Still has the potential to be a match winner for us but the longer this season goes on the more we will be looking to the next one. If this is his last season I see him on the bench more and more with Croft starting.

Ryan Jarvis - I went to Northampton in August 2003 when they beat us in the League Cup and Jarvis disappointed me, I went to Bury last night and he doesn''t appear to have improved during the intervening four and a half seasons. He has all the technical ability as his international record and goal against Liverpool prove. But he doesn''t seem to be committed and tough enough to make it at this level.

Fotheringham - Breaks up play, runs even more than Russell, committed and usually plays the simple pass. Does not pass the ball as well as Safri but is mpore of a team player. He is certainly no Ian Crook but the team play well when he is playing. It was no surprise to me that Roeder made him captain after his performance at Blackpool. He gives the centrebacks another option rather than just a hoof up field.

I can''t help but think if Russell had Etuhu''s physical presence or Etuhu had Russells commitment they would make the complete box to box midfielder. Russell has been playing really well, Pattison has too and he is Roeders player. They both played OK together when Pattison played left, but trying to fit them together in the centre I agree doesn''t work. Neither did it work by putting Russell at right back. I fear with everyone available Russell will be the player who misses out.

By all accounts Martin messed up in the close season and was behind everyone in fitness. Although its hard to believe I don''t think a player can do that and really catch up. I guess he has to prove himself to Roeder and come back next season fit and ready with his head right. I think he will be given that chance, I hope so anyway.

We need more quality players and we need them now. Not squad fillers but players fit enough and good enough to step straight in and improve the team. I think Glen Roeder knows this and I hope the board give him the neccessary funds to do it.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

[/quote]

Interesting post Rudolph and I can see where your coming from on all points but don''t totally agree. For what its worth I think :-

We certainly do have a good manager, better than we could have hoped for and better than most of us thought we had when he was appointed. The board need to back him, as I believe they backed Grant. The last time it appeared they didn''t back a manager with the funds he asked for was Worthy in the summer of 2006 when we still had parachute payments which I still find unforgivable.

Huckerby - Still has the potential to be a match winner for us but the longer this season goes on the more we will be looking to the next one. If this is his last season I see him on the bench more and more with Croft starting.

Ryan Jarvis - I went to Northampton in August 2003 when they beat us in the League Cup and Jarvis disappointed me, I went to Bury last night and he doesn''t appear to have improved during the intervening four and a half seasons. He has all the technical ability as his international record and goal against Liverpool prove. But he doesn''t seem to be committed and tough enough to make it at this level.

Fotheringham - Breaks up play, runs even more than Russell, committed and usually plays the simple pass. Does not pass the ball as well as Safri but is mpore of a team player. He is certainly no Ian Crook but the team play well when he is playing. It was no surprise to me that Roeder made him captain after his performance at Blackpool. He gives the centrebacks another option rather than just a hoof up field.

I can''t help but think if Russell had Etuhu''s physical presence or Etuhu had Russells commitment they would make the complete box to box midfielder. Russell has been playing really well, Pattison has too and he is Roeders player. They both played OK together when Pattison played left, but trying to fit them together in the centre I agree doesn''t work. Neither did it work by putting Russell at right back. I fear with everyone available Russell will be the player who misses out.

By all accounts Martin messed up in the close season and was behind everyone in fitness. Although its hard to believe I don''t think a player can do that and really catch up. I guess he has to prove himself to Roeder and come back next season fit and ready with his head right. I think he will be given that chance, I hope so anyway.

We need more quality players and we need them now. Not squad fillers but players fit enough and good enough to step straight in and improve the team. I think Glen Roeder knows this and I hope the board give him the neccessary funds to do it.

[/quote]

What a brilliantly spot on post

I have seen Fotheringham play a few times and on occasion he has played well. But I have seen a number of his games where he cannot buy a pass to someone in his own side and these passes have been simple enough.

Look at how much better we played with a ball passer like Taylor in the side. Infact, Doherty has played some of the best long passes I have seen this season. Our midfield was ideal for the Bury gameplan, we were allowed the ball, we have three midfielders who pass and move quickly but no one to provide a killer pass and I thought that was Fotheringham''s role. If it isn''t then for me he fights for one place with Russell and Pattison.

All our midfielders show great spirit and commitment, but it isn''t enough, so either they begin to show they can pass too or else they need to be replaced.

As for Croft. His goal record is appalling and he misses easy chances in addition to making poor final ball choices. He flatters to deceive but is still young so Roeder might be able to mould him. having said that Roeder is constantly berating him about his positioning and width.

I hope this opinion (and that''s all it is)  is satisfactory to some of my fellow posters who label themselves as ''intelligent.''

And another thing.........it may be our style of play from player make-up suits us only when teams come onto us - could this be the reason for our home form?

Seems its the trend atm, Here is my veiw on some of our players that are being discussed in this thread. if i had the time (and was bored enough) i may have done every squad member

Fotheringham: can pass well. but unfortunately he goes too simple too often. he drops infront of the back four to ''pass the ball out of defence'' all he does is just pick up the ball from donks or shacks and then passes it back again...  the amount of time i see him, and any of our centre backs with the ball at their feet with space infront of them to bring it out and pass to midfield or (shock horror) along the ground to the strikers and all they do is hoof it long or pass along the back four.

Shacks and Donkey: seem to only like passing between themselves and Otsemobor and Mo. Donkey sometimes tries a long cross field ball and it comes off sometimes, when it doesn''t. everyone phones it to CanaryCall or whatever saying ''That Gary Doggerty (spelling it phoneitcally like the boys from thetford that call in and are ''Radio Supporters'' say) can''t pass the ball at all, he should learn a thing or two from my boy Shackell''

IMO Fozzy needs to, when he recieves the ball by pulling off towards the back four, maybe consider turning, looking at the space he has created by dropping off. and picking a pass from there. he has shown he can pick a pass. he just seems afraid to have the ball for longer than 3 seconds. hence those lofty high balls he tries and plays (atleast i think he tries that) i think he needs a bit more composer on the ball..

Crofty: is Crofty, you can expect him to give his all, run around like a headless chicken, run at full backs and on recent form get a good cross in. but any one of us Norwich fans that have seen him play for us for 1 and half years now. knows full well that he aint gunna score... hence we stuck him out wide right so he dont have to shoot unless he absolutely must. him and Otsemobor link up very well and it makes a change to have an attacking option on the right aswell as the left (as it was always the left with hucks in recent years)

Cureton: But if we want to critise Crofty''s finishing which is low on his priority list on things to be good at. we should discuss Cureton and well most of our strikers inability to do the same. You can say we have not been giving him service but personally idf i say that it contradicts what im saying about Crofty and Fozzy''s ability on the ball. Cureton has had plenty of chances (some of them incredibly simple) and he has failled to score them. Other stirkers have too tbf. and this proves that we should invest in a new centre forward.... maybe one that can actually score. (easier said than done i know)

Huckerby: Thanks for the good times buddy. well hucks is a true canary, but i cannot agree with those who claim he is still the only half decent player we got. personally i think he hinders us. when he is on the pitch we just pass left and try to let him ''do his thang''. we lose our balance and shape and this is what causes us to be frail at the back. he could do it a couple of years back. Hucks ability came from that whole i''ll jog with the ball until TWO oppo players come close and i''ll go through the middle. he has always done it, but now he hasn''t got the pace to pull it off. Hucks aint gunna be like Dion and play for another 5 years or so... maybe it time to move on and say thanks for the memories. he''ll be in our Hall Of Fame or whatever they call it and will ALWAYS be a canary legend. but to pin our hopes of a win, soley on a 31 year old on the downside of his career and losing his main attribute well that just spells false hope to me. can see him with a role for rest of season as a player to come off the bench and maybe give us that something special.

Russell and Pattison: ok gunna mention Fozzy in here too. all three sit too deep. simple as that. when we play them all rarely do any of them push on. I know Russell is probably the one being told to do so, but he isnt and they are sitting on top of the back four and crowding that area. this is why it gets so scrappy in and amoungst that. one reason we dont score too many goals from midfield is because we dont have one that likes to bomb on and link up with the strikers. maybe this is why the strikers always seem isolated. Last time we had a scoring midfielder... i think Damien Francis... he always liked to run on and join the likes of Leon and Deano. tbf to Rusty he has being doing it abit more recently and this is shown in his goal against Crystal Palace (cant give him the other one as it was from a corner)

Right that''ll do for my Rant for now.... if you think i''m talking rubbish then that is your veiw. but this is what i think. hopefully some agree.

although what we say on here means no diferent to what happens on a Saturday

Cheers CanaryColt  OTBC

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

YOU ARE TO BLAME MELLO! For consistently turning up game after game, year after year to support the product of a Board you don''t believe in.

[/quote]

I can''t abide my Mother in Law.......But I really love my missus......[:|]