Sign in to follow this  
Cheerio

What a fantastic stadium

With every intention of getting to Barnsley today I ended up at MK Dons v Barnet........ long story. Drove in at 2.40, parked 100m from the ticket office, bought a seat (a cushioned one with lots of leg room) on the half way line for £22. Fantastic stadium, Premiership ready, great concourse..... yada yada yada....Then the game. 600 Barnet fans made 10x the noise the 6000 MK fans did (Hello? echo echo....) and deservedly took the lead. MK were dire........ Anyone who voted for Ince to take us on needs to take a short drive. Rigid in formation to a bizarre degree, 442 defending, 334 attacking was agood theory until they gave the ball away cheaply.To be honest  left at half time it was so poor.... but you can see where they''ll be in 10 years........"If you build it they will come" ring a bell?The future.

i heard its the only uefa qualified stadium in uk other than wemberly, if that is correct well dont to the chairman

i laughed when there chairman said they want there stadium to be used in 2018 world cup, but in all honesty looking at the big picture mk will prob be least in championship if they keep the current methods (although hard to correctly predict where anyone will be in 10yrs time) and there stadium is getting rave reviews

thanks for letting us know on the stadium

as to incey im suprised as he is the one being touted as wolves job, maybe it was just off day asd they usually perform better or maybe its somethign which needs to be considered when teams look to appoint him. i also found this bit intresting

good post

Yeah Ince''s tactics really arent doing a good enough job....

PHWHDHLHGFHGAAWADALAGFAGAPointsGD
MK Dons268142491021221057+27
Hereford256432012831231249+19
Rotherham25823251565115849+17
Darlington2365119662320943+24
Chesterfield254531714823241343+14
Peterborough258232814525141543+13
Wycombe26742178535171943+7
Morecambe257231914544171642+6
Stockport265352420634181939+3
Rochdale234341313651201538+5
Chester254361615633212036+2
Brentford264271420634151835-9
Shrewsbury2671520133371421340
Grimsby264451317526161933-7
Accrington264181523625151833-11
Barnet244531616435111632-5
Bradford245341414336161730-1
Macclesfield262651620355132226-13
Bury243361113336152024-7
Notts Co254271317165101923-13
Lincoln263371625319111922-17
Dag & Red252461220328102221-20
Mansfield24416171713981819-10
Wrexham2422861921992015-24
And you left at half time.....  [:S]  Lucky you arent commenting on our team and manager''s tactics if you left at half time.  What a muppet....

[quote user="we8wba"]

i laughed when there chairman said they want there stadium to be used in 2018 world cup, but in all honesty looking at the big picture mk will prob be least in championship if they keep the current methods (although hard to correctly predict where anyone will be in 10yrs time) and there stadium is getting rave reviews

[/quote]

Surely it don''t matter what league they are in if they use the stadium, if it''s good enough and sensible it will be used even if MK Dons are in the Prem or the Conference!  There were talks of using Bristol City''s in the 2006 world cup, if we''d got it, and before you say anything they would have improved the stadium.

Mr Winkleman (the MK Don''s Chairman) had a dream - and I certainly think he''s on track to achieve it. I applaud him for what he''s contributed to the MK Dons since the demise of Wimbledon AFC. From the team playing at a National Hockey Stadium to a purpose built arena that will suit their geographical catchment area.   

I also think Paul Ince is doing quite well considering he''s still learning his managerial craft - and they''ll probably get the promotion that they so richly deserve.

Those MK fans who attend games are worthy of praise for supporting the club as they aren''t glory follower''s like those who change allegiance for a more successful team......

Good on ''em......[Y] 

I''m not suprised there''s not much noise made by the home fans yet. I can''t imagine there are many old Wimbledon fans that go their & all the new fans are, well, new fans. Who did these new fans support before? You can''t just change allegiance over night unless you''re a plastic fan of one of the top four. So, I think it will take a while for the MK Dons to get into peoples blood streams, but when it does there may be more noise.

Sorry for running on but I am not a fan of this kind of franchise.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Yeah Ince''s tactics really arent doing a good enough job....And you left at half time.....  [:S]  Lucky you arent commenting on our team and manager''s tactics if you left at half time.  What a muppet....[/quote]Muppet? Fancy a drink?Well its the 4th home defeat this season (so fans told me) and looking at the quality of football its easy to see why. They said everyone goes there and puts 10 men behind the ball. Well Barnet certainly didn''t. When I left MK hadn''t had a shot, Barnet had 6 or 7. Gallen was injured, Bally Smart is at the African Nations and their main striker has just been sold to Wycombe. It really was poor and an hour was enough to see the stadium.... pointles sitting there for the sake of it.... though sounds like they got out of their own have after I''d left. I have a habit of cursing teams..... As for the linesperson....jeeesus..Match report nicked from somewhereYakubu ensured it was all change at stadium:MK, netting after

21 minutes to allow in-form Rotherham to close the gap to eight points

at the top.The Dons were completely outclassed in the opening 15

minutes, with new signing Cliff Akurang and midfielder Ashley Carew

both coming within a whisker.And the deadlock was finally broken

when Jason Puncheon''s dangerous cross fell perfectly for Yakubu to slot

home from close range.However, the goal was marred by

controversy with lineswoman Amy Raynor flagging for offside only to

change her mind quickly after.The Dons camped Barnet in their

own half after the break with Jemal Johnson coming close before Aaron

Wilbraham somehow spooned wide in front of an open goal in the dying

seconds.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Those MK fans who attend games are worthy of praise for supporting the club as they aren''t glory follower''s like those who change allegiance for a more successful team......

[/quote]

It''ll take time as all the adults there already have an allegiance,

the number of different shirts there was incredible. The place was full of kids

however, they’re the ones who will grow up with the club in their blood. Give

it 10 years and that place will be full every week…. Especially if Luton go belly up

Still find it odd they kept the Dons tag…. Bit of a poke in

the eye to the south London

fans….. I helps AFC raise money to enable them to take over Kinstonians ground….

That’s fixture I’d like to see….

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]Well its the 4th home defeat this season (so fans told me) and looking at the quality of football its easy to see why. They said everyone goes there and puts 10 men behind the ball. Well Barnet certainly didn''t. When I left MK hadn''t had a shot, Barnet had 6 or 7. Gallen was injured, Bally Smart is at the African Nations and their main striker has just been sold to Wycombe. It really was poor and an hour was enough to see the stadium.... pointles sitting there for the sake of it.... though sounds like they got out of their own have after I''d left. I have a habit of cursing teams..... As for the linesperson....jeeesus..Match report nicked from somewhereYakubu ensured it was all change at stadium:MK, netting after

21 minutes to allow in-form Rotherham to close the gap to eight points

at the top.The Dons were completely outclassed in the opening 15

minutes, with new signing Cliff Akurang and midfielder Ashley Carew

both coming within a whisker.And the deadlock was finally broken

when Jason Puncheon''s dangerous cross fell perfectly for Yakubu to slot

home from close range.However, the goal was marred by

controversy with lineswoman Amy Raynor flagging for offside only to

change her mind quickly after.The Dons camped Barnet in their

own half after the break with Jemal Johnson coming close before Aaron

Wilbraham somehow spooned wide in front of an open goal in the dying

seconds.[/quote]I see where you are coming from, but its hard to judge a team after 45 minutes, just look at our recent performace against Barnsley.  Played off the park for 45 minutes before getting a grip on the game and taking them apart in the second half.

Bally Smart at African Cup of Nations??I don''t think so. He is nowhere near the South Africa team, I don''t think he has played for South Africa at any youth levels either. His loan has expired and he is back in the reserves here.

[quote user="we8wba"]

i heard its the only uefa qualified stadium in uk other than wemberly, if that is correct well dont to the chairman

thanks for letting us know on the stadium

as to incey im suprised as he is the one being touted as wolves job, maybe it was just off day asd they usually perform better or maybe its somethign which needs to be considered when teams look to appoint him. i also found this bit intresting

good post

[/quote]Have a go at this

we8...(sorry, used to teach English, can''t help myself)

I hate everything that the MK Dons stand for!

One of my best away days in recent years was going to Rotherham and seeing them get relegated on the last day of the season and joining in with the Rotherham celebrations and pitch invasion at the end.

Franchising should never of occurred in British football full stop and the continued use of ''Dons'' in the name is pissing on the real Dons who are now AFC wimbledon!

If  Milton Keynes would started up in say the Southern league and worked their way up through the league pyrimid as well as dropping all links with the old Wimbledon set up then I''d accept that but stepping straight into the place of the old Wimbledon team was so unethical and should never be allowed to happen again!

Sadly it seems to be working though and with that t**t Peter W**kleman bankrolling them I can see them being in the championship in no time at all. If they got into the premiership they''d be like Fulham in that most of their fanbase would be gloryhunters or tourists who can''t get in at Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham

Though the problems with the old Wimbledon set up started when they left Plough lane in 1991, a ground which as it turned out could of been rebuilt and would of still been good enough for them. The local Council also didn''t help the club one iota.

Would love nothing more than to see AFC Wimbledon overtake the franchisers!

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]With every intention of getting to Barnsley today I ended up at MK Dons v Barnet........ long story. [/quote]

Did you rely on T07 for directions?

Christ, MK Dons are taking a bit of stick on here.Living here, I''ve been a number of times this season and the quality of football has been very good. They played both Ipswich and Sheffield United off the park in the cup - only losing the latter game in extra-time when the Championship fitness levels proved too much for them.Their fans are trying hard, too. Talk to people in and around the ground and you find that it''s not "new" football fans - but fans and former season ticket holders of other clubs, from London, the Midlands, all over the country, etc. who have all been exiled away from their clubs and have been starved of decent football (local options are Luton and Northampton...)Attack the Barclay is criticising them, but I''d have imagined, that up until a month or so ago, MK Dons would have made light work of us, had we played them.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]I see where you are coming from, but its hard to judge a team after 45 minutes, just look at our recent performace against Barnsley.  Played off the park for 45 minutes before getting a grip on the game and taking them apart in the second half.[/quote]Quite right, but I''d gone to see the stadium. Anyway judging by the disgrntled fans the ''performance'' was all too familiar. Yes they''ve been getting results but its not pretty. I like watching football, results are less important than performance to me I pay to be entertained, not to gain bragging rights in a p***ing contest with rival fans. Those dark days are long gone for me know.However I''m still agile enough to resent being called a Muppet. I could go on WotB for that kind of inane abuse

[quote user="yellow hammer"]

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]With every intention of getting to Barnsley today I ended up at MK Dons v Barnet........ long story. [/quote]

[/quote]Ha ha.....no... I was with him... he had to see someone at the satdium.As for the stadium in Sao Paulo - looks very impressive. I saw Corinthiuns play years ago in SP - one of the most technically perfect yet boring games I''ve ever seen and the stadium, like Maracana was falling apart.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"][quote user="yellow hammer"]

[/quote]
Ha ha.....no... I was with him... he had to see someone at the satdium.
As for the stadium in Sao Paulo - looks very impressive. I saw Corinthiuns play years ago in SP - one of the most technically perfect yet boring games I''ve ever seen and the stadium, like Maracana was falling apart.

[/quote]

They fixed it up a few years ago.

Estádio do Morumbi - visão interna

OTBC

Bally trained with the SA under 20s over Christmas and was in Germany last week playing for them. He has trained with their U-23 team and missed out on one of their Olympics qualifying matches because he didn''t have an SA passport at the time.