Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Free Bet This Weekend.

Apologies to anyone who wanted to get in but missed this due to this early finish - this is the only coffee break I''m likely to get today [:)]

Regarding the picks, I''ve had a change of heart - I was going to go for 1 or 2 games that might have got the pulse racing, but it''s about getting the win, nothing for 2nd in this game.  So, here are 6 nailed on wins, fingers crossed...

Inter Milan to beat Parma (Yankee Canary) - Serie A table 

Parma are yet to win away from home, Milan are 8-1-0 at home, and haven''t lost this season.  An outstanding pick for short odds.

Wrexham - MK Dons : Away Win (Trent, lappinitup) - 4/6 at oddschecker - Form Comparison

This one looks good, Wrexham on a run of 8 straight defeats.  I shan''t mention the amount of times I''ve bet on top to beat bottom to end up losing my money though [:)].

Swansea - Port Vale : Home (Fellas, Cosmic Twin) - 2/5 at oddschecker - Form Comparison

4 defeats in 5 away games for Port Vale.
5 straight home wins for Swansea, 14 goals in those games.

East Fife - Forfar : Home (7rew) - 1/4 at oddschecker - Form Comparison

Forfar are actually having a decent run of form, 3 wins from the last 6 games, 2 of them away. That said, East fifes'' record over 10 games is WWWWLLWWWW, so you''d have to back them here.

Stevenage - Droylsden : Home (newyorkcanary) - 1/4 with sky-bet - Conference table (bbc) - Stevenage Results (bbc)

Droyslden have only 10 points from 25 matches.  Which leaves it down to Stevenages'' home form.  They are unbeaten in 7 home matches, which is good enough for me.

Fulham - Arsenal : Away  (Graham Humphrey, canarygeorge) - 8/15 with oddschecker - Form Comparison

Arsenals'' away form recently hasn''t been great.  A draw at Portsmouth and Newcastle, a defeat at Middlesborough.  This is the only result I''ve picked that I''m not 100% certain of, a draw feels more likely, as Arsenal will have to win it.  The reason for picking this is that Fulham have 6 points from the last 30, but they have tightening up at the back since losing 5-1 to Spurs.  On that basis, I''ll pick Arsenal to win, but only by 1 goal.  Don''t tell the wife I''ve picked them, she''ll blame me for jinxing them [:)]

And here are the other games and the reasons why I didn''t pick them.  Only fair I show my working...

Birmingham - Chelsea : away (we8wba, Shack Attack) - Form Comparison

2 draws and a win in the last 3 home games for Birmingham. only 3 goals conceded in the last 4 games. 

3 wins in the last 4 away games for Chelsea, and 10 goals in the last 4 games.  McCliesh''s team will contain Chelsea, who will miss Drogba up front.  I''ve got a feeling this will be a draw.

Spurs - Sunderland: Home (Sit Down, Shut Up & Gorleston Jim) - Form Comparison

Spurs unbeaten in the last 3 home games, but prone to defensive weakness, with 11 conceded in 5 games.  Sunderland have been improving away from home since their thrashing at Everton - I''m not 100% confident of a win here.

Bournemouth - Southend : Away (cityangel) - Form Comparison

2 draws and 4 defeats in the last 6 for Southend, which rules this one out for me.

Watford - Charlton :  Home (luckygreentrainers) - Form Comparison

Watford seem inconsistent, which makes them a perfect championship team at the moment [:)]  They lost to Preston last game, for example.  Comparing the 2 teams'' records over 10 games leaves this too close to call - Watford 3w 2d 5l, Charlton 3w 3d 4l.

Reading - Man Utd : Away (norfolkchance1) - Form Comparison

Man Utd - 2 away draws all season, Reading 1 home draw all season - which suggests that this game will be a win for one of the teams.

Reading - 1 point from the last 12.
Man Utd - 2 defeats in their last 4 away games.

This was a 0-0 draw at Old Trafford on the first game of the season.  Hmm, maybe they''re both overdue a draw ? 

WBA - Cardiff : Home (nutty nigel) - Form Comparison

West Brom have the second best home record in the league after, well, you know.  Them.

However, Cardiff are on a decent run at the moment - 6 wins in 10, 13 points from the last 15.

While West Brom have been scoring for fun at home, 15 goals in their last 4 home matches, Cardiffs'' games have been tight, a single goal deciding their last 7 matches, with the exception of the Watford away match which was a draw.  Can Cardiff contain the Baggies firepower ?  Dunno.  Too risky I think, as is any game in the championship this season.

Barnet - Peterborough : Away (Pboro Canary) - Form Comparison

Peterborough have lost their last 2 away games, and have only won 2 of their last 6 games.  They are 5-0-5 for the last 10, they don''t do draws.

Barnets'' last game was a win away to league leaders MK Dons, which makes them a risk to bet against.

Sorry C.T., you just missed the boat.  Our form isn''t rock-solid enough to take that one anyway - I tried to go for games that I have 75% confidence at least in.  It''s still more hope than expectation with Norwich for me at the moment...

As a matter of interest, if you take our last 10 matches, and Leicesters last 10 from here, 7 of those 20 games have ended in a 1-1 draw.  That''s where I''d put my money on a result if I had to.

nutty - you do have a fondness of those evil tesco shirted people in the black country

blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah - good luck sir

you certainly put the most effort into your selections and i like how your selected them, i also think it was great how you put over the teams you didnt choose or who you choose.

on verdict on why you didnt choose wba i prefer if you would of said - because they are sh!t lol

GOOD LUCK AND SELECTIONS LOOK GREAT MATE

[quote]on verdict on why you didnt choose wba i prefer if you would of said - because they are sh!t lol[/quote]

Hey, I think we all know what it''s like to have the team down the road with a stupidly good home record around here. [:)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]on verdict on why you didnt choose wba i prefer if you would of said - because they are sh!t lol[/quote]

Hey, I think we all know what it''s like to have the team down the road with a stupidly good home record around here. [:)]

[/quote]

so unfair football isnt it, no justice at all lol

Good luck blah x 3,

A very comprehensive bout of studying to prune our many picker''s choices down to a mere six, must have taken you ages, deserves success !

OTBC

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

Good luck blah x 3,

A very comprehensive bout of studying to prune our many picker''s choices down to a mere six, must have taken you ages, deserves success !

OTBC

[/quote]

Cheers Jim, for what it''s worth I was torn between Spurs at home and Arsenal away as the 6th pick, Spurs'' poor defensive record decided it for me though.  Be just my luck if Arsenal draw and Spurs win...

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

Good luck blah x 3,

OTBC

[/quote]Aye Good luck to you blah the third!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]good luck blah X3 - admire the time you invested in picking selections.
[/quote]

ta - don''t tell the boss [:)]

[:)]Now you lovely old boy "Blah" , You are perhaps Indeed the most sweetest  Picker ever . What a wonderful job you have done with those selections , you deserve nothing other than success .. If I could just make you  embarrassed  you for a moment "blah"?.   I do In fact remember you coming on the Pink un board  the first time , and when you came on the Free Bet pages I was more than happy , You were indeed one of the pioneers of the Free Bet pages .I always knew you would make it big as I always  watch everyone on this board .

I will always remember watching you taking on the giants of the pink un board and scoring points from them and thinking to myself "that''s my boy" . Now whenever you are engaged in a debate and it spills over onto the time when the Free Bet is wanted, I will break into these threads and say "I have come for my boy".

I know I am not amongst your most favorite poster when you had your vote last year , I am determined to get myself higher than the first Ixxxxxh fan in your estimation . If you could get me up to 135 on your list I would be more than grateful .I know that would be moving me up over 100 places or more but  I would be eternally grateful , Indeed I would never mention "Chesterfield" ever again [;)] arrdee.

"Yankee"1st&2nd.

[quote]I know I am not amongst your most favorite poster when you had your vote last year , I am determined to get myself higher than the first Ixxxxxh fan in your estimation . If you could get me up to 135 on your list I would be more than grateful .I know that would be moving me up over 100 places or more but  I would be eternally grateful , Indeed I would never mention "Chesterfield" ever again Wink [;)] arrdee[/quote]

Arrdee you fine old boy, you are first amongst equals on this board.  Sadly my senile old mind can''t cope with the sheer number of posters here - often I forget who my friends are.  Fortunately my point scoring habits have made it a little easier for me to remember.

Chesterfield eh ?  There''s a reason for the crooked spire you know [;)]

Wow wee!!! "Blah" What a thorough examination of form you have given us , what a wonderful Picker you are .A sweet and......well you know how I feel about you and all you lovely old Pickers out there. I like to think of you all as the cream of the Pink Un message board . The true fans that want to help our great club I also like to think of us as a happy family as there is never any animosity amongst us as we are all intent on helping our club and having fun watching the results come in,such excitement.

Always remember Its your Free Bet , not mine , Its yours to have some fun with . my gift to all you City fans, I know some wont accept it and throw it back in my face ,I am afraid I cant do anything about that only hope the someday soon they will understand and become part of our happy family of Pickers.

Yep the bet is on Its.....

Inter Milan----------------------1-5------"Yankee"

M.K. Dons----------------------4-6------Trent, Lappinitup

Swansea-------------------------2-5------fellas,Cosmic Twin

East Fife-------------------------1-4------7rew

Stevenage------------------------2-7------New York Canary

Arsenal---------------------------8-15-----Graham H, Canarygeorge

Which wins with Dixmar Racing £59-00p which is wonderful with what looks like sure fire wins . Thanks once again "Blahblahblah" East Derehams wonderful son. Good Luck all you lovely Pickers .Talk to you all later, Kasmet .[Y] arrdee.

"Yankee"1st&2nd.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

Good luck blah x 3,

OTBC

[/quote]

Cheers Jim, for what it''s worth I was torn between Spurs at home and Arsenal away as the 6th pick, Spurs'' poor defensive record decided it for me though.  Be just my luck if Arsenal draw and Spurs win...

[/quote]

The very best of luck today blahblah. The trend line is looking very good at the moment with Arsenal, East Fife and Stevenage firmly in control and Swansea ahead. We need some positive scores from MK Dons and we ( you ) are on the way.

Top vs bottom strikes again !  I have a theory that top teams often get complacent when away to bottom teams, Hindsights a wonderful thing...

C''est la vie.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Cheers ny, for the record, Chelsea and Man Utd won away from home - never mind. [:)][/quote]

My heart bleeds for you "blah" that was so close It was cruel I was back and forwards just waiting for M.K. Dons to do something . But there is always next week .we must not lick our wounds for long , we have to be up and at them and be ready for more fun next week [Y] arrdee.

Now all you free bet Pickers alright ? What wonderful entertainment "Blah" provided for us all with .yesterday I hope he Is feeling proud of himself I know I am , It was a magnificent effort and so cruel in the end just to fail on that one away selection . "Blah" had put so much effort in I do feel for him . I do think that is the hardest result to call of all . Well I don''t have to think If we look at the stats It tells us there are least aways than draws even ,If we think about It Its the home side has ground advantage, the crowd behind them , the Ref giving every 50/50 decision to the home side , you are always up against , on less you are one of the top 4 in the country , when everything seems to drop in your lap. 

Now are all you lovely Pickers happy with the rota ? I do watch everyones selection like a hawk , and I know my Pickers , For instance I knew 7rew would come in with East Fife this weekend .I don''t stumble from one week to another without knowing whats going on believe me . Now there are two pickers that I want to add to the rota to finish off March . The first one is Canarygeorge who''s input is always spot on , I think I have unearthed a [*] here. The other one is "Shack Attack" I think most of you know that "shacks" messages are brilliant . I now a lot of posters said that my post "My encounter with two binners on holiday" was said to be the post of the year . but I am a honest person and I know It didn''t come close to Andrews "Fans expectations for the season" which he posted on the eve of the season . a truly magnificent post that I don''t think I will ever see bettered . Talk to all you lovely old pickers later .[Y] arrdee.

"Yankee"1st&2nd.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Bugga.. Sorry guys. Thought that was a dead cert.[/quote]

Now Trent , You lovely old boy , There is no saying sorry on the Free Bet thread , arrdee won''t have any sorry''s . Do you think Iam going to say thanks every time you tip a winner . So If you could just refrain from the sorry mularkey .Its only a bit of fun for you City fans , something for you to enjoy . I can''t wait until next sat at 3,0,clock ,lovely.[Y] arrdee

"Yankee"1st&2nd.

I don''t like telling you this but I see Inter Milan won this afternoon , just to rub salt in the wound, mind you they were 2-1 down with 2 mins to go but won it 3-2  Typical[:(] arrdee.

"Yankee"1st&2nd.

arrdee, I have started a thread called "Super Bowl Prediction" and was wondering if there''s any chance of Dixmar giving us an opportunity for a free bet by our posters ( which would be fun ) to help the Academy. Obviously, we would have to make it almost impossible for ourselves and I would suggest that we have to pick the winning team and predict the correct score in the Super Bowl game, which will be played on Sunday February 3rd in Glendale, Arizona. If you think this is not something you would like to pursue with Dixmar then, of course, I totally understand.

[quote user="arrdee"]

Now all you free bet Pickers alright ? What wonderful entertainment "Blah" provided for us all with .yesterday I hope he Is feeling proud of himself I know I am , It was a magnificent effort and so cruel in the end just to fail on that one away selection . "Blah" had put so much effort in I do feel for him . I do think that is the hardest result to call of all . Well I don''t have to think If we look at the stats It tells us there are least aways than draws even ,If we think about It Its the home side has ground advantage, the crowd behind them , the Ref giving every 50/50 decision to the home side , you are always up against , on less you are one of the top 4 in the country , when everything seems to drop in your lap. 

Now are all you lovely Pickers happy with the rota ? I do watch everyones selection like a hawk , and I know my Pickers , For instance I knew 7rew would come in with East Fife this weekend .I don''t stumble from one week to another without knowing whats going on believe me . Now there are two pickers that I want to add to the rota to finish off March . The first one is Canarygeorge who''s input is always spot on , I think I have unearthed a [*] here. The other one is "Shack Attack" I think most of you know that "shacks" messages are brilliant . I now a lot of posters said that my post "My encounter with two binners on holiday" was said to be the post of the year . but I am a honest person and I know It didn''t come close to Andrews "Fans expectations for the season" which he posted on the eve of the season . a truly magnificent post that I don''t think I will ever see bettered . Talk to all you lovely old pickers later .[Y] arrdee.

"Yankee"1st&2nd.

[/quote]

Arrdee, I''d honoured to go back on the rota at any time. I''ve already had 1 go at selecting the match''s (when as happens most weeks 1 selection let us down, bugger.) I know there''s no blame for getting it wrong. So if you want chalk me in at anytime Ray feel free to do so.

You are the Daddy of all the posters on the Forum and have the respect of all your followers.

George.     

[quote user="arrdee"]

Now there are two pickers that I want to add to the rota to finish off March . The first one is Canarygeorge who''s input is always spot on , I think I have unearthed a [*] here. The other one is "Shack Attack" I think most of you know that "shacks" messages are brilliant . I now a lot of posters said that my post "My encounter with two binners on holiday" was said to be the post of the year . but I am a honest person and I know It didn''t come close to Andrews "Fans expectations for the season" which he posted on the eve of the season . a truly magnificent post that I don''t think I will ever see bettered . Talk to all you lovely old pickers later .[Y] arrdee.

"Yankee"1st&2nd.

[/quote]

Stop it Ray, you''re making me blush [:$]. Your post was equally as entertaining and you know full well how much I love your stories. Who''s the one who is always pestering you for your tales of City games and players of the past? That''s right, me. So less of the modesty Ray, you''re a [*].

It would be an honour to be added to your rota. Let me know the date you have in mind and I''ll mark it in my diary*. Just make sure you keep reminding me when my time is though, I''d hate to be the one who forgets to make his picks [:''(]. I may have to ask for people''s predictions by Friday lunchtime though due to a lack of a computer at home at present.

* I don''t actually have a diary, but I''ll write it down somewhere [;)],