Sign in to follow this  
IRN-BRU

'Tiny' signing today

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Mal"]Nope - will be Monday now Graham (my source is impeccable).[/quote]

So was your last source [:)]

[/quote]

Just sticking up for Mal here.......

I did some digging with my "source" who as some observers know is very reliable and cant be named for obvious reasons but.........

Twice this week the club had set up a medical for Taylor, it didnt happen because we are still "faffing" about the price, a few hundred thousand apparently.

I cant name the person so dont keep sarcastically posting "source please"........

[/quote]

Source please [:P]

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Mal"]Nope - will be Monday now Graham (my source is impeccable).[/quote]

[/quote]

I did some digging with my "source" who as some observers know is very reliable and cant be named for obvious reasons but.........

Twice this week the club had set up a medical for Taylor, it didnt happen because we are still "faffing" about the price, a few hundred thousand apparently.

I cant name the person so dont keep sarcastically posting "source please"........

[/quote]

I thought a medical couldn''t be set up for the player until the two clubs had agreed a fee?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought a medical couldn''t be set up for the player until the two clubs had agreed a fee?

[/quote]

mmmmmmmmm  curry sauce

[quote user="pickle"]my teacher used to go out with robert green when she was like 17[/quote]

Ask her about his record of keeping clean sheets.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

[quote user="pickle"]my teacher used to go out with robert green when she was like 17[/quote]

[/quote]

Clean sheets they were..........He wore a ''shot stopper''.....apparently.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]Behave!

Yes, but at that age she wasn''t ready to teach him anything and Green, even now, does not inspire confidence at coming out of his comfort zone. Clean sheets for sure.

she wouldnt be former super Model Sarah Thomas would she?

jas :)

[quote user="Dowp End"]Well done Mal  14257 hits so far.
Do you think you can make it past 20000 ?
[/quote]

I think he could manage it.  There''s five days remaining in the transfer window, so five more "Tiny is signing today" posts, plus four more "Tiny is signing tomorrow, I meant", then another few defending his source - actually, he can probably reach 20k on his own.

What do they sing at the ex-Liverpool guy? 

Sit down Pinocchio,

Sit down Pinocchio,

Sit down Pinocchio,

Sit down Pinocchio

Ah, sweet music.

[quote user="Mal"]''Tiny'' will sign today.[/quote]

Its 11 days since you started this thread Mal [:D] How many tomorrows can you have?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Its 11 days since you started this thread Mal [:D] How many tomorrows can you have?

[/quote]

In order to answer that question cityangel, how many times would you be agreeable to Mr. Huckerby singing to you personally, "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?" 

It''s all a big game between Karren Brady and Neil Doncaster. Both clubs are trying to get the best deal and there''s a bit of needle because of the press coverage (mainly caused by Brady using/abusing her column in The Sun to try and score bonus points). The deal will probably still happen - I think GR''s comments today are a ploy to tell Brum to do the deal or miss out until the summer - but Brady doesn''t want to lose face.It''s been fun, I shall miss this thread when it finally dribbles to a halt, one way or another! 

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Ronan Keating sang "if tommorow Never comes" didnt he? well he was wrong.. Tommorow has come, and gone, popped its had back in again because ti forgot its keys then left for good... So Mal.. when is Tiny signing?

Not sure i agree with Fat Barman. we havent set our stall out for Tiny.. Neither team is going to budge. Roeder needs to make sure we have a plan B. because to not have another player lined up is suicidal should shacks or the Doc get injured.

jas :)

[quote user="Fat Barman"]It''s all a big game between Karren Brady and Neil Doncaster. [/quote]

Yet according to Brady, it''s Roeder she''s speaking to.  What''s Doomcaster up to?  Making the tea?  Securitising the teabags?

All together now...

Sit down Pinocchio,

Sit down Pinocchio,

Sit down Pinocchio,

Sit down Pinocchio....

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

In order to answer that question cityangel, how many times would you be agreeable to Mr. Huckerby singing to you personally, "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?" 

[/quote]

Good point Yankee [:D]

Mal, Mal can you hear me? MAL!!!!!

Today is your true curtain call Mal. Tell us today who we are signing tomorrow. This is the moment you ( and we ) have been waiting for.

Looks to me like it''s not going to happen.  Brady cares too much about her image, and if we landed Taylor for anything less than 1 million, she would look foolish.  I just feel bad for Taylor, who seems like a solid guy who did everything NCFC could have asked of him.  Now he''s out in the cold at Brum beacuse Brady can''t understand her valuation is worthless if we''re the only ones Taylor will play for.  If we don''t get Taylor, nothing would make me happier than seeing Brum get relegated.

We could always try offering a million most people think he is worth that , no reason on earth why Brady should sell to us on the cheep .

why would any club loan us an experienced player now after this brum fiasco??? if they''re looking to sell, they know we''ll drive a bargain that''s too much for ego of prem clubs to suffer.  we''ve let go of players in the past below market value purely cos they wanted to go - ''safs for instance'' - its all part of football.  however, we''ve tried our hand at it, but found a tough opponent in Brady.  i can''t see any of our present young loanees wanting to stay - but the protracted and bitter nature of the ''taylor'' affair has done little for our club.  on the other hand - everyone knows brum lack class in the boardroom.

I have to ask, Why is Taylor worth 1 mil?  If another team who he would play for offered 1 mil, then sure, the valuation has merit.  But given the situation where he can either rot in their reserves or help finance some of Brum''s other moves (albeit not as much as they would like) it seems as if there ever were a situation where GR could play hardball (as Taylor would only play for us) this seems to be it. 

Now whether or not the board have the cash to swallow theirs, and GRs'' pride and pay the extra to get the player is another debate, one that these boards have debated for weeks.  But when truly determining a player''s value, you can''t just take Brady''s word that he''s worth 1 million, as they can''t get 1 million from anyone for him, as he would refuse to play for those teams (QPR etc...). 

And are Brum so well off, that they wouldn''t accept a lowball offer just out of spite and saving face in the press?  Taylor has been told by 2 different managers that he has no future with the club, so I would imagine that the smart football move would be to take whatever they could get for him at the 11th hour.  But then again, this is Karren Brady we''re talking about... 

[quote user="ob1"]I can''t wait for Tiny to sign, and then Mal will turn around and go "I told ya"... yes mate, everyday... haha[/quote]Tomorrow,Tomorrow,I love ya, TomorrowYou''re only a day away...Mal, you have been SO busted.  You now have less credibility than (Nigel Worthington * Peter Grant)+Jim Duffy)* Steve McLaren.Time to write your memoirs, I think...

Actually gentlemen (and ladies) ...

Read what Roeder has said.

Me and Mal were as close to right as dammit.

If Birmingham had signed Cahill... we had matched the price... he would have been here.

He will be in the summer... its where he wants to play...

So I think you have all been way way too harsh... the info was good... shame Brady is a B****...