Sign in to follow this  
Beaker

Why another left back?

[quote user="Beaker"]surely a waste of money. we need a striker[/quote]

Competition for places maybe.....Dont want Camara in a comfort zone. Bertrand may also play LM which would give us another option.

I trust GR.

How much do you really think we have laid out on this?  He was at Oldham the first half of this season, sure Chelsea wouldn''t be charging a fee and might even be covering some of his wages.  A good addition to the squad in my book, cover at left back in case Mo gets injured, or even competition.

According to the Chelsea web site, he is an attacking left back who used to play as a winger, it''s great to have competition for places !

Chris Goreham on Radio Norfolk said that he has been highly reccomended to GR by Joe Cole.

As much as I like Lappin, hes not a left back. Despite what he says, you can tell when a player is in a place he doesnt like- IAN MURRAY- and he doesnt appear to like left back that much.

Why is Bertrand here? I havent the foggiest. But we do have him- thats a start

hate to break it to you but camara isnt that good

he useful for odd game or two i.e your loan but to keep him for the season you better hope this new guy is good

camara will prove to you he isnt any good at defending and just a poor mans version of carlos

Good recommenation!

I think he will do well. Nice option to have on the bench if we''re 1 - 0 up and you want a more defensive minded winger then Hucks.

Why Bertrand?

a) we have no cover for Camara except Lappin whilst drury is injured.

b) expect to see Lappin depart in next week or so.

c) don''t be surprised to see Drury depart in the summer if we get a good offer. He''s become a sick note and has shown he''s not Premiership quality.

d) Bertrand is a cheap alternative so leaving the transfer budget, whatever it might be, in tact.

Now we just need Tiny, another decdent CB and a goal scoring front man and we''re away.

[quote user="we8wba"]

he useful for odd game or two i.e your loan but to keep him for the season you better hope this new guy is good

camara will prove to you he isnt any good at defending and just a poor mans version of carlos

[/quote]You sure? I remember him dealing with most WOLVES threw at him [:D]

[quote user="Chris B"]

According to the Chelsea web site, he is an attacking left back who used to play as a winger, it''s great to have competition for places !

Chris Goreham on Radio Norfolk said that he has been highly reccomended to GR by Joe Cole.

[/quote]

Could be that Joe doesn''t want the competition...either way its a good recommendation

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

You said that a couple of months ago WE8WBA. Since he joined he has been very consistent and been invaluable to our defences recent turnaround . Im pleased we have him.

Man you talk some cr@p we8wba.... ''he is useful for odd game or two i.e. your loan'' well im pretty sure he was here for longer than that, more like 10 games i think and he was useful at least in all of those games, in fact better than Drury in my opinion.

So I''m sorry but I don''t really listen to what you say seeing as most of your posts are like this!

As for signing Bertrand, we need cover at left back as well as a first choice and as long as we still have the funds to sign a left winger and striker as well as Taylor then im pretty happy and have every faith that Roeder knows what he is doing!

[quote user="Beaker"]surely a waste of money. we need a striker[/quote] One word - COVER!If Mo gets injured we have NO-ONE who can play there. Full backs need experience of playing there - more than in other positions - becuase of the importance of positional play and countering opponents wing play. Murray and Lappin don''t have a clue playing there. Murray always got dragged into the centre leaving the wing open and Lappin was too easily passed.

im not trying to wind people up im just giving honest opinion on camara my views, everyone entitled to view and not every view is right

but camara has never done it at any club, lets face it wolves burnley derby he starts of well for 5-10games then what happens to him? he drifts into the reserves and then on to the next team

as to him doing well vs us, i cant comment i wasnt there. but i will say who was our right winger for the game? im guessing gibson. who is actually a centre midfielder who doesnt take players on.

i will bet my house that a fit kightly would of skinned camara at least 5times and so will the likes of mcanuff of this league

Roeder said at the press conference that "As far as Ryan is concerned if he plays like I''m expecting him to play over the next four months, I don''t suppose we''ll be able to afford him..." (quoted on Waghorn''s site)

remarkably high praise for an 18-year-old without a senior appearance in the top two leagues. Let''s hope he''s as good as Glenn thinks.

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

i have to agree, im not impressed with camara as much as everyone else seems to be... some of the things he does e.g crossing are so off target, I wouldn''t say hes much better than lappin as lappin is much more accurate and steady when on the ball, but camara defends better, making them about even.

Well I''m pretty sure that at Burnley he really did do the job and was rated as one of the best left backs in the league during his time there!

As for his time at Wolves I can''t comment, but he was played something like 30 games for Derby last season who were a team playing at the top of the league and winning games which says it all!

And just another little point, I wouldn''t big Kightly up that much, isn''t he another one who was superb in his first season and then been pretty ordinary as well as being injured this season.

[quote user="ipswichrscum"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

i have to agree, im not impressed with camara as much as everyone else seems to be... some of the things he does e.g crossing are so off target, I wouldn''t say hes much better than lappin as lappin is much more accurate and steady when on the ball, but camara defends better, making them about even.

[/quote]Ummm - remind me is the primary objective of a left back defending or crossing? Personally i thought Camara delivered a better cross than Lappin, and not only that but Camara actually has enough pace to be interesting once in a while rather than Safety Simon....

[quote user="No. 4"]

Well I''m pretty sure that at Burnley he really did do the job and was rated as one of the best left backs in the league during his time there!

As for his time at Wolves I can''t comment, but he was played something like 30 games for Derby last season who were a team playing at the top of the league and winning games which says it all!

And just another little point, I wouldn''t big Kightly up that much, isn''t he another one who was superb in his first season and then been pretty ordinary as well as being injured this season.

[/quote]

camara played 19league games at start season when derby wernt near the top, they then signed mceveley and went up league, im not saying it him what caused them to be bottom etc..

think you find wolves were 3rd when kights got injured in nov and since then we won one game and dropped to 10th, shows we are 2man team in hennessey and kightly

kightly is the best right winger in our league, and he will leave us in summer no doubt

as camara, all he has is pace and effort he has no defencesive skills and leaves the position wide open when he bombs forward, his crosses always seem over hit them.

as to best left back in league for burnley i highly doubt it, would you been happy to sign him 4yrs ago?? i highly doubt it.

just face it he;ll do a job till summer n thats it, any one wants to bet me he will make 20apps for norwich next season

20quid anyone???

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="ipswichrscum"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ummm - remind me is the primary objective of a left back defending or crossing? Personally i thought Camara delivered a better cross than Lappin, and not only that but Camara actually has enough pace to be interesting once in a while rather than Safety Simon....
[/quote]

yes your right on the defending note. but camara is an awful crosser nobody is worse at crossing than him in our squad, not trying to put all bad things about him i just dont rate him as much as everyone else seems to... everyones entitled to an opinion...

[quote user="ipswichrscum"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I take it you were not at the Palace game. He was outstanding and a massive improvement on Drury let alone Lappin.