Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Wright is NOT new GK coach.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/7172580.stmHas had last minute change of heart and decided to stay on at ballymena apparently. looks like the scottish equivalent of grant mitchell will continue to warm our keepers up and train them. Great.

Why all the stick for Gunn? Yes, I suppose it''s a legitimate argument that he''s been put in lots of business roles at the club that he maybe doesn''t have the background/experience for (though I have no idea whether or not he does a good job in them so not really fair to comment). Surely though we can all agree he was an excellent keeper for us, so shouldn''t be too shoddy as a goalkeeping coach...

Dont get me wrong, Gunn was certainly the best keeper i remember seeing at Norwich and is a proper city legend - Im twenty by the way. He is not however a businessman, he does not have the contacts to be transfer liason, and he is just far too unfit to be a GK coach. The only way i would keep him as GK coach is alongside someone else, and Why pay two wages for the same job? To the best of my knowledge, Gunn also does not have any coaching badges which also detracts from him being coach in my view. Giving him a job for life is ok, just as long as we have the job specificied and dont use him as a jack of all trades. If he is to be GK coach then the club must get him through his badges asap.

[quote user="Grando"]Why all the stick for Gunn? Yes, I suppose it''s a legitimate argument that he''s been put in lots of business roles at the club that he maybe doesn''t have the background/experience for (though I have no idea whether or not he does a good job in them so not really fair to comment). Surely though we can all agree he was an excellent keeper for us, so shouldn''t be too shoddy as a goalkeeping coach...[/quote]Players dont necessarily become good coaches, but for me, he is probably just helping the club out, I mean he will know how to warm a keeper up and hold the fort.But I agree its weird that Gunn is getting so much hatred when the man is a Norwich legend!!

...don''t think it''s hatred. We''re just sick of the non footballers at Carrow rd swanning about pontificating about prudence while drawing wages that the average fan couldn''t dream of whilst not having an idea of what it is they really do.Especially while the footie has been dire for seasons. Unfortunately Gunn is the easy target, the rest of them are more politically sure and keep their heads covered - Gunny can''t as the whole top floor of the Barclay is named after him. Which is another reason why he''ll always be around (well until the next catering refurb)My opinion is he wasn''t the best City keeper by a stretch. The quotes of ''he was a great servant to the club'' drive me mad as I''m sure he was paid well and didn''t work for free. What about Darryl Sutch, the amount raised in his testimonial year was shocking tbh. He was always happy to be a City player and at times didn''t even make the bench. If Gunny was that good why didn''t he get more Scotland caps?

Quite agree - Gunn is not a City Legend, at least not for his keeping - Chris Woods, Keelan, Nethercott and Sandy Kennon were better. He deserves respect for the way he dealt with his daughters illness but legend - no.