Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

Leeds, Luton, Coventry, whos nexrt!

Its a sad game to today, its all about winning, money, wages, money, money, lack of money and the glory of the prem followed by relegation and maybe administration.

With Luton asking Liverpool for the gate reciepts and loseing £400K a week, they only have until 5pm Monday for a buyout!

Coventry, Leeds all had the same and its getting more common!

Why?

Is it that the cream clubs take all the glory and leave the other minnows to fight it out, losing money every week and increasing their debt?

Or is it just bad money mangement at the clubs?

The chase for glory can be a hugh finacial risk!

We all know from Norwich how one minute we can have 25+ million to spend in the prem, to around 9 million in the Championship to around 2 million this year! The ever decreasing fund and selling of key players to help balance the books can hurt a club with its league form.

Hopefully the ''board'' have addressed this over the years and we won''t end up like Luton. Glen seems to be buying the right players for the right money and  we are improving with every game at present, building a ''Roeder'' squad and getting rid of the old deadwood thats rotting this club for years.

Of course I have no doubt that we will be safe this year now, but if the bad does happen, god help us, we could be the next Luton.

Its a sad day if we were to lose clubs like Luton, Coventry etc... These clubs have a history and something has to be done in the game to stop this.

Any ideas? Wage Capping of Uefa Teams? USA clubs have wage caps? Only one 10 million signing each season? Top six Prem clubs to donate between 25-10% of there profits to the lower leagues?

I just don''t know.

I do know that we at Norwich are no different to any other club in the football league, and one day it may be great news the next it can be disaster!!!

Cheers All

Limit the percentage of income that a club can spend on wages....or make it the case that any club cannot play in the Football League/Premier league without being in a sound financial position...i.e not having your debts underwritten by a third party. That way if the Abramovich''s of the world would have to give their money to the club rather than lending it.

The massive wages that players are on these days must have a lot to do with the financial problems of football clubs. Poor little Luton; I''m not at all surprised that they could go to the wall with their 8 or so thousand average gates. They must be losing thousands of pounds every week. Still, I think there are very few professional football clubs in this country that actually operate at a profit.