Sign in to follow this  
rct2mad

abseloutely ABYSMAL

1) What on Earth was Russell doing at Right back?!2) Martin was poor and missed that sitter ... =[3) Hucks missed a 1v1   =O4) Too many times it was passed horizontally across the midfield or defence, passed to Camara who sent it LONG and too far towards Hucks ... tadaa, its a Goal Kick!5) How come we couldnt score in injury time? Damn we need an in-form striker.6) Congrats Bury on a great result for you7) Hang your heads in shame Norwich players!!8) Norwich were in "pedestrian mode" right until Bury scored, when we suddenly came to life and done JUST enough ... again ...9) What planet was Patterson on today? V. unimpressed, especially when he blasted the ball backwards into Doherty (though it was quite funny)

However I was impressed with Dublin who I thought was v. good as usual, Semmy looked lively and I was actually v. impressed with Jarvis who was constantly trying to win the ball whilst playing on the wing. Cureton was a traveller until near the end and we should definately of used Huckerby more, as Lee Clark and Glenn Roeder were trying to imply, and finally I hope that Norwich have learnt that playing BACKWARDS and SIDEWAYS doesnt work. Did you hear that over at Colney? ....

and finally I hope that Norwich have learnt that playing BACKWARDS and SIDEWAYS doesnt work.

When I said that after the Charlton game I got slagged off for not appreciating the patient build up !

Very poor performance, agreed; but when i saw the title to this thread - my first thought was that the most abysmal thing was your spelling of absolutely.

Well if there was spell checker on here I would use it.Now crawl off into your hole and go learn how to accept mistakes silly.

what is peoples probelms on here wiht little typing errors, punktuation and spellin'' mistakes??

Give it arrest...

Big Smile [:D]

[quote user="Steve Burns"]

and finally I hope that Norwich have learnt that playing BACKWARDS and SIDEWAYS doesnt work.

When I said that after the Charlton game I got slagged off for not appreciating the patient build up !

[/quote]

Yes, but there''s patient build-up and then there''s sheer complacency...

[quote user="rct2mad"]Well if there was spell checker on here I would use it.Now crawl off into your hole and go learn how to accept mistakes silly.[/quote]Basic spelling errors are just irritating.  Especially when people spell player''s name''s wrong.RCT - i caynt goe bayak 2 mie hoel - i mustav lostes thie dirrexeonns.

[quote user="rct2mad"]Well if there was spell checker on here I would use it.

Now crawl off into your hole and go learn how to accept mistakes silly.
[/quote]

....you mean like you are doing wrt today''s game? 

I don''t know that you can call it build-up play without breaking the trade discrimination act!Surely build up means that it is meant to have an end result? Or at least progress in some way?

[quote user="rct2mad"]1) What on Earth was Russell doing at Right back?!
2) Martin was poor and missed that sitter ... =[
3) Hucks missed a 1v1   =O
4) Too many times it was passed horizontally across the midfield or defence, passed to Camara who sent it LONG and too far towards Hucks ... tadaa, its a Goal Kick!
5) How come we couldnt score in injury time? Damn we need an in-form striker.
6) Congrats Bury on a great result for you
7) Hang your heads in shame Norwich players!!
8) Norwich were in "pedestrian mode" right until Bury scored, when we suddenly came to life and done JUST enough ... again ...
9) What planet was Patterson on today? V. unimpressed, especially when he blasted the ball backwards into Doherty (though it was quite funny)

However I was impressed with Dublin who I thought was v. good as usual, Semmy looked lively and I was actually v. impressed with Jarvis who was constantly trying to win the ball whilst playing on the wing. Cureton was a traveller until near the end and we should definately of used Huckerby more, as Lee Clark and Glenn Roeder were trying to imply, and finally I hope that Norwich have learnt that playing BACKWARDS and SIDEWAYS doesnt work. Did you hear that over at Colney? ....
[/quote]

Why would scoring a goal in injury time be any different to scoring a goal in normal time? And since when has it been easy to score a goal in an average of three minutes added time?

Norwich were poor but at least were stiil in the hat. We will beat them at Gigg Lane.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Steve Burns"]

[/quote]

Yes, but there''s patient build-up and then there''s sheer complacency...

[/quote]

Ballcocks.....we were quite $hit........[:|]

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="rct2mad"]1) What on Earth was Russell doing at Right back?!
2) Martin was poor and missed that sitter ... =[
3) Hucks missed a 1v1   =O
4) Too many times it was passed horizontally across the midfield or defence, passed to Camara who sent it LONG and too far towards Hucks ... tadaa, its a Goal Kick!
5) How come we couldnt score in injury time? Damn we need an in-form striker.
6) Congrats Bury on a great result for you
7) Hang your heads in shame Norwich players!!
8) Norwich were in "pedestrian mode" right until Bury scored, when we suddenly came to life and done JUST enough ... again ...
9) What planet was Patterson on today? V. unimpressed, especially when he blasted the ball backwards into Doherty (though it was quite funny)

[/quote]

Why would scoring a goal in injury time be any different to scoring a goal in normal time? And since when has it been easy to score a goal in an average of three minutes added time?

Norwich were poor but at least were stiil in the hat. We will beat them at Gigg Lane.

[/quote]

not if we play how we did yesterday we wont... they could of stuck 3 past us if their finishing had been better.. When Glynn hurst got clear of Camara in the dying minutes Camara was all over him, Hurst stayed on his feet and went for goal.. if he''d gone down it was a penalty and a red card for big Mo..... Lady Luck was on our side...

jas :)

A certain Peter Grant also started to do strange things in replacing right-back Jurgen Colin (in good form then) for midfielder Andy Hughes. Now Roeder starts to do the same strange things in replacing right-back Otsemobor for our best midfielder Russell, twice man of the match. Why oh why .... please keep Russel in central midfield where he is the best !  And Glen we need more better performances otherwise we are still going down this season. So please play our best players in their best positions. We are only an average team .. yes very very average !!

And four draws in a row .... 3 home games .. 1 away .... IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH !

OTBC !

I''m not going to claim that we were great yesterday, but nor we were absolutely abysmal. If we''d been 3-0 up after 15 minutes it would have been a fair reflection of the chances we created - the only thing that was abysmal was the finishing, from Martin''s awful miss in the first 45 seconds to Huckerby''s wasted chance in injury time. The overall performance was actually alright.

It just tells us what we already knew.

1) we have to improve our defence of set-pieces. Offside or not, their goal was comically awful.

2) we need to sign a centre-forward urgently. I think Chris Martin and Ryan Jarvis were given just enough rope to hang themselves today.

And I''m still pleased that we''re trying to pass it, even if, as yet, we''re not very good at it.

Look at some of the other results in the Cup today, and have a bit of perspective.

In the first 15 minutes we had 4 very good chances, any one of those and it would have been a very different game.  Sadly Martin couldn''t hit a cow''s ar$e with a banjo.

Highlight of the game for me came on 55 minutes when Jarvis couldn''t quite reach a through ball and the know-all behind me in the Barclay shouted out "Bloody Martin, he''s never got the pace to reach that," followed by a minute-long rant about Martin''s lack of ability.  Everyone around us was laughing at this muppet, who obviously thought we were laughing with him, and he carried on until someone put him right.  Cue silence.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="rct2mad"]1) What on Earth was Russell doing at Right back?!2) Martin was poor and missed that sitter ... =[3) Hucks missed a 1v1   =O4) Too many times it was passed horizontally across the midfield or defence, passed to Camara who sent it LONG and too far towards Hucks ... tadaa, its a Goal Kick!5) How come we couldnt score in injury time? Damn we need an in-form striker.6) Congrats Bury on a great result for you7) Hang your heads in shame Norwich players!!8) Norwich were in "pedestrian mode" right until Bury scored, when we suddenly came to life and done JUST enough ... again ...9) What planet was Patterson on today? V. unimpressed, especially when he blasted the ball backwards into Doherty (though it was quite funny)

However I was impressed with Dublin who I thought was v. good as usual, Semmy looked lively and I was actually v. impressed with Jarvis who was constantly trying to win the ball whilst playing on the wing. Cureton was a traveller until near the end and we should definately of used Huckerby more, as Lee Clark and Glenn Roeder were trying to imply, and finally I hope that Norwich have learnt that playing BACKWARDS and SIDEWAYS doesnt work. Did you hear that over at Colney? ....[/quote]

[/quote]Sorry I missed the point, what I meant to say was that it took until Bury scored to make Norwich wake up.

1.who else would you have but there jon boy might not of been 100%

2.yes but so did a lot of other players.

3.well he needs to be dropped .

4.well when bury defended it was 5-5-0 the front 2 when the ball was played up to them they had 2 players straight onto them.

5.because it was hard to score in the 90.

6.yes full credit to bury who defended well.so its not just norwich playing poor but bury defending well.

7.i think thats a little bit harsh lets not forget we are still in the hat nor like everton,ipswich,blackburn

8.i dont think so how many chances did we have ok not on target but how many chances.

9.well evryone has a off day.

10. come on you yellows show bury how good  we really are.

and dublin yes ok but what about when he was out paced by there striker now if that was doc he would of got slated.used huckerby MORE it was 99% going down the left we need to drop hucks and use both flanks ,croft was screamming for the ball in the first half.thats why croft,chadwick,smith ect who ever play on the right come into midfield.