Sign in to follow this  
O.T.B.C

We can say goodbye to Ryan Jarvis and Chris Martin.

As the title says, I don''t think either put in a performance that warrants them staying, I have been very annoyed with Martin, when he burst on the scene, he was good and there was a few clubs who were interested in him. But since he has signed professional forms, he looks lazy and un interested. If that is the case, and I''m sure GR has noticed, then he will be gone, along with others.

It certainly looked like they were being given 45 minutes each to prove themselves today and the chance to score against lower league opposition.

Neither looked great, IMO Jarvis looked worse than Martin but I wouldn''t be surprised if that was the last first team football either of them played for NCFC for some time - possibly ever.

I agree regarding Ryan Jarvis, he''s been out on loan so he should have come back sharp, this is the perfect game, against lower opposition, and he was very poor today, touch was awful and was bundled off he ball too many times.If you cant do it against Bury your not gonna do it against Championship sides. He''s had his chance today and he''s blown it, time for the door i think.Martin i thought actually played quite well in the 1st half, he linked up well with the midfield and made a few telling passes forward, and i thought he was very unlucky to come off at half time, especially as Jarvis was so poor. As always he has very good feet and his touch was good, and theres just something about him, whenever he gets the ball you know he''s gonna do something with it, and i thought he did today.Its no surprise we were poor second half, with no Martin there was no link between midfield and attack and we created nothing, as opposed the the first half where we created plenty of chances. We played well at times in the 1st half and Martin seemed to be in the

centre of all our good work, i was very surprised to see him come off.I do agree that perhaps he is thinking he''s made it since he signed pro terms, this was evident last season and is the reason he hasnt forced is way onto the team sheet this season. Still has plenty of ability tho i think and we should give him a chance. Roeder was slating his miss after the match so i think he was taken off for that rather than his overall play.

I agree on Chris Martin, I think Jarvis showed enough to keep him in Roeders mind. He looks stronger since returning from loan and made himself available when everyone else seemed to be hiding. Far from great but in the context of this game I though he made a small impression.  

Agreed, they were both shocking. I would hope Jarvis will be sold but i would give Martin a loan chance somewhere 

i though ryan was about 15 times better than cureton and martin put to gether so i dont know what your on about,and what strikers would we have left? if brown, strihavka, martin and jarvis all go? evans dosnt look like coming back now does he

It only goes to show how desperate we are for a good striker. Dubs has to play CB & we miss loads of chances.Also we need cover at RB.

So:- that will be Tiny a good striker & some RB cover & we are set..........................

A final thought does this mean goodbye to Brown & Dave ??????

Is giving them 45 minutes to score to prove themselves fair? Our "established" strikers didn''t do any better, it took the legendary Ginger Pele to save us.

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]i though ryan was about 15 times better than cureton and martin put to gether so i dont know what your on about,and what strikers would we have left? if brown, strihavka, martin and jarvis all go? evans dosnt look like coming back now does he[/quote]What and you think Roeder would sell all of these and not bring in a few strikers? Muppet.

i think your harsh on jarvis he played ok i thought but martin should get his coat, that miss after 40 secs sums up his contribution since he got his contract. hes become a bighead, and needs to go.

We have not got one half decent striker at the club we need 2 new ones this month Taylor for the back and a good creative midfielder who scores one or two would be nice .

Jarvis laid the ball of well but really made little other impression and didn''t hurt or scare the opposition in a physical manner which today were League 2 strugglers Bury- Hes not going to make the grade at NCFC but that was apparent to me, 2-3 years ago. Needs to be let go.

Jarvis was better than Martin who didn''t hold the ball up, missed a chance or 2 and was too easy for the Bury defenders to mark. Has doen nothing this season after doing so well last season. With last seasons heroics in mind the club should loan him out and give him another year to try and get him back to last years wonder displays. 

Martin was terrible......slow, could not jump to head the ball and missed the best chance of the game......get rid of him asap, Jarvis looked better and i would give him another chance. We desperatly kneed Evans to come back who is a class act   

[quote user="Beaker"]Agreed, they were both shocking. I would hope Jarvis will be sold but i would give Martin a loan chance somewhere [/quote]i''m with beaker on this one!!! send jarvis forth to the hendo graveyard and stick martin out on loan in league 2/conference to continue his education.  the boy has talent, but needs another stage to to perform on to bring it out.

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]i though ryan was about 15 times better than cureton and martin put to gether so i dont know what your on about,and what strikers would we have left? if brown, strihavka, martin and jarvis all go? evans dosnt look like coming back now does he[/quote]totally agree i was a little impressed by him, he showed decent movement in making himself available and I think deserves another chance. Has he really had a good chance though to prove himself? ...

just to remind anyone who wasnt watching, It WAS CURETON CROSSING THE BALL< DUBS HEADING DOWN, JARVIS VOLLEY, KEPPER SAVE, GARY GOAL :D

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]i though ryan was about 15 times better than cureton and martin put to gether so i dont know what your on about,
and what strikers would we have left? if brown, strihavka, martin and jarvis all go? evans dosnt look like coming back now does he
[/quote]

The point of letting players go is so you can free up their wages to bring in better players.........

Ryan Jarvis made his debut for Norwich at the back end of the 2002-03 season and played a couple more times that term.

Thats now 4 and a half years ago. Yes he hasn''t had runs in the team since but that is cause when he has had chances hes not done enough to justify a longer run in the team.

Ryan Jarvis is exactrly like his brother Rossi. Technically both are talented but they both lack the pace,strength and sheer will to win attributes that are essential in professional football. Ridgeons league is their future I''m afraid!

I get very tired of all this ''hes going to be good in the future'' attitude that a lot of fans have. We saw the same thing happening to Jarvis with Henderson who was never going to make the grade in a million years, yet for far longer than what should of been it was ''he''ll be good''. If a player is good enough then from the age of 18 he should of established himself in the team within 2-3 seasons. If after this 2 and a bit years he hasn''t then they have to move on. for instance Darel Russell first played for Norwich before turning 18 and then established himself by the age of 20.

Ryan Jarvis should be compared to another good prospect who made his debut at around the same time in 2003. Jason Shackell whos now an established member of the 1st team. Shacks has gone from good prospect to solid pro. Ryan Jarvis can''t be labelled a ''good propect'' forever.

We should of sold him to Leyton Orient  in the summer when we would of got a little bit for him.

I''ve been reasonably impressed with Spillane in the past but he isn''t moving forwards as we thought he might.

I have had enough of all of them, simply not good enough! Unfortunately we have spent far too much money on players who for one reason or another cannot cut it at this level, or cannot suceed at Norwich. I;m sure the likes of Strihavka will go onto do well elsewhere, Brown will get a good ratio of goals at a lower level and past it Cureton will continue to get his substantial paycheck while waiting to retire!

Still the wisdom of hindsight eh!

Why are we continuing to nurture this dissapointment? Ever since he pulled his sulky face after getting subsituted away a QPR earlier in the season he has looked sunday league standard at best (even in the reserves). He''s overweight, overpaid, way off the pace and quite frankly an embarassment to the club. Roeder - get rid.

Chris Martin Was awful... didnt win anything in the air and shut his eyes and hoped with that header after 35 seconds...

He hasn''t given a toss since he got his pro contract.. release him on a free and let someone else put up with his lack of ability

jas :)

Some will say the pair of them have good feet but they lack one of three attributes needed to go with those feet to be a decent striker at this level or higher.

They have no pace

They have no height and can''t win headers

they have no strength

really if you don''t have one of the first 2 your never going to cut it at this level.

We''ve seen Jarvis enough to know he is sub standard. As for Martin, he lack the first 2 in spades I''m afraid. Long loans to play in a lower league and maybe he can develop in to a stronger player. Might help him, but I fear that he too will not make the grade

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]

Martin was knackered apparety and got a Roeder rocket up his backside. Pies were mentioned
[/quote]

they should tie a Cornish Pasty to the ball... Martin will chase it all over the pitch!

jas :)