Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Boy

Pogo a great signing

I think Pogo Pattison will turn out to be a great signing for us, he has a bit of fight about him and looks like he wants to be involved in the whole game. I''ve seen comparisons with Gary Holt and I can see where they are coming from but I think in time Pogo will prove himself to have a little bit more quality than Holty, I''m not knocking Holt he did a great job for us and whilst Safri has qualities, when the chips were down he was down and he never seemed up for a battle to me.

I also believe Roeder will be a top, top appointment for us, he has already proved he can turn an awful team into at least a better team and also can bring in decent players with the help of the contacts he has. The previous manager had contacts, Falkirk''s kit man and the tea lady at St Mirren were apparently good friends of his, not sure they compare with Roeder''s pals.

I think the future is bright. Everybody should be happy.

He may be an asset, but I would question signing him until 2011. I would have thought a two-and-a-half year deal at the most, for a relatively unproven player. Without wanting to be negative about him, his performances recently haven''t matched the early ones.

[quote user="biggleyellow"]Its only about a 6 month difference,[/quote]No, a twelve-month difference. A considerably reduced risk, if it goes wrong.