Sign in to follow this  
ncfc forever!

Norwich 1 Bury 1

Why could we not beat a league 2 team?

At our standards we should be able to beat a team that are in league 2, bury had 53% pos and we had 47% and we took the best player on the pitch of at half time!! (Chris Martin)

[quote user="ncfc forever"]

Why could we not beat a league 2 team?

At our standards we should be able to beat a team that are in league 2, bury had 53% pos and we had 47% and we took the best player on the pitch of at half time!! (Chris Martin)

[/quote]

Are you seriously saying Chris Martin was the best player on the pitch yesterday?  He was useless.  Lazy, half-fit, overweight, heavy, clumsy, looked out of his depth and uninterested, and missed a chance that was gift-wrapped and tied with a nice red ribbon.  He made me long for various other strikers to take his place including Chris Brown, Henrik Mortensen, Robert Rosario and even Darren Beckford.

Not sure he was the best player, i was suprised the Doc wasnt granted MOTM, i thought Dion looked a bit laid back yesterday.

Sure, Martin was about and getting in good positions, but hell he shouldnt have missed that chance in the first minute.

The reason we didnt beat them, we couldnt finish off the moves we were creating. Curo had 2/3 decent efforts, one horrible miss and a bicycle kick.

Martin/Jarvis looked up for it but were lacking any killer touch, and without Russell in midfield we didnt look like threatening from there.

The other reason you didnt win was that we scored a goal and played well ourselves. Dont get me wrong Norwich had chances and are a  better team but credit to us for giving you a game.

I dont think Norwich will enjoy visiting Gigg on a cold tuesday night so it should be interesting especially if we both draw someone big on Monday.

I think Norwich will be favourites still but it is a game we do not particularly need.

Heck, i guess it brightens up an evening which would be spent revising for A-Levels!

[quote user="bradley1"]

The other reason you didnt win was that we scored a goal and played well ourselves. Dont get me wrong Norwich had chances and are a  better team but credit to us for giving you a game.

I dont think Norwich will enjoy visiting Gigg on a cold tuesday night so it should be interesting especially if we both draw someone big on Monday.

[/quote]

Credit to Bury indeed - they got stuck in and scrapped and had a lot of joy down the right hand side in the second half - it helped that Huckerby couldn''t be bothered to tackle back, of course, but I thought you played well.

No, the replay''s a nightmare for us - especially if things kick off between Roeder and Casper.  Last thing we need''s a blood and thunder FA cup replay when we need to ensure Championship survival first.  Hopefully we''ll (as in the winners will) draw Spurs at home and one of us will get a nice little pay day and some TV money.