Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Preston to seal relegation by signing Chris Brown!

Preston

have agreed a deal with Norwich for striker Chris Brown - and now have

to persuade him to join them. Brown, pulled out of Norwich''s FA Cup tie

yesterday, will have talks with Preston boss Alan Irvine in the next 48

hours.

That seems a strange signing, there seems slight depth to it and it could be true. Preston havent replaced Nugent, anf have lost Agaymag so will be looking for reinforcements. Cant see Brown scoring the goals to keep them up!

More importantly we need some big, quick striker (in the ameobi mould) to play up top. We lack that hold up player, and when was the last time we scored a header from open play!

i wonder how late chris brown pulled out yesterday as ryan jarvis was still driving towards the ground at 2.30pm?? hmmm late call up? could explain why he played so rubbish.

.....no, i think hes natuarally bad

If it''s true, I hope he goes there and does well for them.  I''d rather keep him than Jarvis, Strihavka, Martin etc., but money''s needed and he hasn''t done much for us so good luck to him.

At least we know he''ll score next season when we play them!

Brown is destined to be a Championship journeyman...we haven''t got time to waste on waiting for him to come good for us, but what would we get in terms of fees? Cant remember what we paid Sunderland for him or how long he signed for!

Jarvis may have been driving to the ground at 2.30 but he was amongst the substitutes named in the team given out on the radio about twenty minutes before that so it wasn''t a late, late change of plan.

Things haven''t worked out for Chris Brown here so if we get some money back and insist he doesn''t play against us when Preston come to Carrow Road then it will be a good move!

Brown has become a scapegoat here. Yes hes limited but not as bad as what hes been made out to be.

His aeriel and physical presence would of been handy inrecent games where we''ve been hitting long balls to 2 small strikers who didn''t have no chance. I think he would of been OK as a squad player, certainly more useful than Martin and both Jarvis boys put together.

[quote user="NegativeVibes"]

If we see £200,000 back of the £350,000 we paid than it''s all good!

[/quote]

yep... £150,000 for one goal to make a loss a little less convincing ... good bit of business.

[quote user="scott"]

Things haven''t worked out for Chris Brown here so if we get some money back and insist he doesn''t play against us when Preston come to Carrow Road then it will be a good move!

Brown has become a scapegoat here. Yes hes limited but not as bad as what hes been made out to be.

His aeriel and physical presence would of been handy inrecent games where we''ve been hitting long balls to 2 small strikers who didn''t have no chance. I think he would of been OK as a squad player, certainly more useful than Martin and both Jarvis boys put together.

[/quote]He hasnt scored goals for Us, Hull or Sunderland at this level?  That might give some people a clue as to his level??  Just Maybe??

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="NegativeVibes"]

If we see £200,000 back of the £350,000 we paid than it''s all good!

[/quote]

We paid £325,000.

[/quote]

£175,000 will do then!

Anyone notice the £275k prize money for the competition to the right of the article?Was wondering if the two were related - Preston manager wins the money and decides that Brown is the altimate prize!

I think his exit has more to do with his time at sunderland before he joined us

than lack of any ability

Roader gives the impression of wanting a hard working profesional team not people just along for the ride/lifestyle

Point of order, Mr Chairman.

Ryan Jarvis was on the pitch warming up with the other players at 2.20pm so I don''t think it was him ''driving to the ground at 2.30pm''