Sign in to follow this  
ca

Match Thread Norwich v Bury F A Cup

[quote user="diabolicalmastermind"]Why oh why do we always make heavy weather of playing lower league sides??[/quote]that''s the beauty of the FA cup! we certainly aren''t the only team that struggles, looks at the scores today

[quote user="ob1"]While the Doc has just scored, I''m still not worried what ever the result, to be honest! In a way, I''d prefer to loose than draw!!![/quote]Seconded, now we''ll have to go to some crappy ground where half our players will injure themselves on the poor pitch. It''s an extra game we could do without to be honest.

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="ob1"]While the Doc has just scored, I''m still not worried what ever the result, to be honest! In a way, I''d prefer to loose than draw!!![/quote]

Seconded, now we''ll have to go to some crappy ground where half our players will injure themselves on the poor pitch. It''s an extra game we could do without to be honest.
[/quote]

I think that Glenn should just play the reserves...

Bloody hell, goalline scrabble at the Bury goal........... this is crazy, we started playing at around 80 minutes.

Final Score 1-1, reply at Bury, I hope Roedor tells it like it is, Norwich were awful today!

It''s clear to me after seeing the last 2 home games and listening today that we can''t hit a barn door from two yards, transfer window must is a quality striker.

[quote user="Marty"]Chris Martin misses from 2 yards! and no Brown on the bench, I guess we will be off loading Brown soon then, shame, I think he could have done OK given a few starts.
[/quote]

hahaha was that a joke? everyone was complaining brown was getting to many starts under grant, because he was cr@p and still got picked week in week out. and now u say he should be given a few starts... oh dear

JaundicedJockGeorgy wrote

What a bunch of useless, spineless wimps. I''m glad I didn''t waste good money going to watch this rubbish today. Maybe if our men could start putting away chances from two yards in the opening five minutes, it might help to make these games a little bit easier, though!

I went today and they were worse than that.

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]

[quote user="Marty"]Chris Martin misses from 2 yards! and no Brown on the bench, I guess we will be off loading Brown soon then, shame, I think he could have done OK given a few starts. [/quote]

hahaha was that a joke? everyone was complaining brown was getting to many starts under grant, because he was cr@p and still got picked week in week out. and now u say he should be given a few starts... oh dear

[/quote]How could people possibly complain that he was having too many starts! He''s only had Apps (as sub) 11(7) so only 4 full starts in about 40 games, while I guess you could say he''s had his chance, I''m a bit more forgiving.As for whether he is cr*p or not, is debatable, most people seem to label him cr*p without really stating some good reasoning. IMHO whenever I''ve seen him play (on the rare occasion he does get a start) he''s put in a good effort and done reasonably well with his distribution and holding the ball up. I think alot of it is judged on that he doesn''t score, but I think he could become a good partner for Cureton.

My quick ratings:

Marshall 7

Camara 6

Doc 8

Dion 6

Russell 6

Hucks 7

Foz 6 (good corners though)

Pattison 5

Croft 7

Cureton 6

Martin 5 (more if he would have finished better)

Subs:

Jarvis 6

Bertrand 6 (looked lively, had bog roll round his leg though...)

Otsemobor 6

Thats cruel,To be honest I think you will be surprised at how good our ground is. Its a 12000 all seater and the away end is great with a good view and no posts. The pitch is good to as we have had drainage put down recently.

It is probably one of the top 10 grounds in the bottom 2 divisions.

Just been researching on the ol'' web and Gigg Lane looks a tidy place, given Bury were in the First Division not that long ago its no suprise.

I hope i didnt jinx the team yesterday. Well i said to my mate Bury had looked quite threatening from set-pieces, after he had added that Bishop would never score, and blam he finds the net.

Although we redeemed ourselves by cheering for the Doc to score (although we do everytime he goes up to attack), and guess what.....he finally did!

Doc should have been MOTM, the 3 highlights of the day all included him:

1) The goal

2) His 40yd ''raking through-ball'' which found Hucks

3) When Pattison tried to knock his head off with an audacious back-pass, and not only did Doc get his head to it but managed to divert the ball to Russell (purposely....im sure of it!)

[quote user="UEA Canary"]

As for whether he is cr*p or not, is debatable, most people seem to label him cr*p without really stating some good reasoning. IMHO whenever I''ve seen him play (on the rare occasion he does get a start) he''s put in a good effort and done reasonably well with his distribution and holding the ball up. I think alot of it is judged on that he doesn''t score, but I think he could become a good partner for Cureton.
[/quote]

I don''t know if I could think of a worse patnership than Cureton and Martin. No height and no real pace.

Chris Martin has a bit of ability, no doubt. But at the moment he''s a very long way off being good enough to play and score regularly at this level. His fitness and work rate don''t seem particularly good either.