Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

ryan jarvis

from that game, the only striker who can shoot on target, and really the only striker apart from dionwhat will we do, dubs cant play every game and i bet jarvis dosnt start in the next game

Your having a laugh!

Ryan Jarvis isn''t good enough for Championship football and never has been. He lacks strength, pace and the desire needed to make the grade.

In fact I''d rather play the ginger pele himself up front cause he''d be more of a threat!

thats just over 7 games a year for us...considering he wouldnt of played regularly when he was 16/18 due to our squad and his inexperience, it is unlikely he would of played more, take into consideration as well that he had earnshaw (19 goals in very few games) and ashton 21 in 46, ahead of him...AND his continuation of playing on the wing, this to me is not a decent run in the team.

Er No!

Suppose you think Henderson was a great player as well!

I was certainly at yesterdays shocking game!

All Jarvis did was lay the ball sidewards or backwards. He didn''t put the Bury (yes Bury of league 2!) defence under any pressure at all. Pace = No. Strength and physical presence = No. Will to win = No.

4.5 years he had with us and still yet to establish himself!

The reason he hasn''t has a run in the team is cause when hes had chances he hasn''t taken them, so a manager isn''t going to keep on playing him when hes being totally ineffective.

In a perfect world he would make it with us cause hes from our academy and has been given far longer than almost anyone else ever has, but it isn''t going to happen. Anyone who says otherwise is deluling themselves!

[quote user="scott"]

The reason he hasn''t has a run in the team is cause when hes had chances he hasn''t taken them, so a manager isn''t going to keep on playing him when hes being totally ineffective.

[/quote]

when has he had them chances? he has never started more tahn 2 games in a row, when he did he was 16! A youngster needs a run of games in the team. Unfortunately he has never had the rub of the green.

His first full season - Won the league. Was never going to be given a run ahead of Hucks, Svensson,McKenzie,McVeigh or Roberts or be exposed to that pressure environment.

2nd season - Premiership. Fighting for our lives, again wasnt risked or given a run.

3rd season - Ashton now main man and Worthy under pressure to get us straight back up, so why would he risk his neck by chucking a young boy in?

4th - MOre Worthy pressure as above, Earnie now brought in.

5th - Loaned out to L.O. Had his first real professional run and scored 6 in 14. Not a bad return.

6th - Loan spell blighted by injury.

So overall not given a chance and i think it would do the boy gd to go and get some games somewhere else. Maybe he is stuck in a rut? Its plain to see that he does have potential but again we''re in a dog fight and he is unlikely to be thrown in.

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]from that game, the only striker who can shoot on target, and really the only striker apart from dion

what will we do, dubs cant play every game and i bet jarvis dosnt start in the next game
[/quote]

Err wtf game were you watching?! Jarvis was one of the most embarrassing displays evident from yesterdays shambolic performance. Usually you''re proud to see one of your own pull on the yellow and green, but he was totally ineffective and an embarrassment, as was Martin with his misses.

You can go back on this board years and find posts about this Jarvis debate, which I find hard to believe is still going on. The guy is not good enough and simply isn''t going to make it at Norwich City, there is no other way of putting it.

im not saying jarvis is good, but he was the only player to get a shot on target apart form doc, he is our best striker bar Dublin so stop arguing it

Problem with Ryan Jarvis is that he''s not just dangerous. He''s not big, he''s not strong, he''s not quick and his movement isn''t sharp. Sometimes you can just be a lucky striker, you''ll score regularly just because you always find yourself in the right place at the right time. He''s not even one of them. The only thing left to save him would be an extremely high work rate because people always appreciate seeing and playing alongside someone who breaks their neck for the cause. But he''s not got that in his locker either.

When you''re a young player trying to break into the team, especially as a striker, you''ve really got to show that you can make things happen. Get right into things and show people you mean business. Even if you don''t score you''ve at least got to show you''re giving the opposition something to worry about. At this level of football (at any level for that matter) you can''t afford to give people game after game after game in the hope that eventually they will turn good because if you''ve got weak links and you''re carrying people who aren''t up to it you''ll get punished.

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]im not saying jarvis is good, but he was the only player to get a shot on target apart form doc, he is our best striker bar Dublin so stop arguing it
[/quote]

One OK at best 45 minutes certainly does NOT make him ''our best striker bar Dublin''. Who is the top scorer right now?

I dont see how you can say Cureton is not one of our top 2 strikers.

Jarvis reminded me of Brown yesterday, nice touches, controlled display, but drops off too much and then doesnt get in great positions to shoot. He hasnt got that predator instinct that say Cureton/Earnie has.