Sign in to follow this  
Web Team - Celia Sutton

Message from a Bury fan

Just had this email so I thought I''d post it here:

A big thankyou to the fans of Norwich,we had a brilliant day at Carrow Road,athough they were dissapointed at not winning, the fans of Norwich City that we met were very generous of the performance of our team, and the applause of the team at the end of the game was a credit to your club.

I would like to wish the travelling Canary fans a safe but not successful to and from Gigg Lane for the replay.

Shaker of Bury.

Yes Bury can be proud of themselves cause they put up a good performance though Norwichs totally inept and disinterested performance played its part in that!

I was surprised by how many Bury fans were there, a good turnout of up to a thousand I''d say!

Without wanting to be slated as "not a true supporter" for saying this, the look on the Bury fans'' faces when they stormed to the front of the away section was wonderful, and brought home that old "magic of the cup" cliche.

How come they were allowed to bring a drum into the ground, though?  I thought this was banned.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

Without wanting to be slated as "not a true supporter" for saying this, the look on the Bury fans'' faces when they stormed to the front of the away section was wonderful, and brought home that old "magic of the cup" cliche.

How come they were allowed to bring a drum into the ground, though?  I thought this was banned.

[/quote]thank god i didn''t go - i hate those flipping drums.  for £18, i got 6 pairs of M&S boxer shorts in their sale today!!! now that what i call value!!!

to be honest you missed a fantastic tie. Yes Norwich werent great and Bury played well but that made it a close game.

[quote user="bradley1"]to be honest you missed a fantastic tie. Yes Norwich werent great and Bury played well but that made it a close game.[/quote]

fantastic tie? it was one of the most boring games ive seen at carrow road...

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]

[quote user="bradley1"]to be honest you missed a fantastic tie. Yes Norwich werent great and Bury played well but that made it a close game.[/quote]

fantastic tie? it was one of the most boring games ive seen at carrow road...

[/quote]

I agree ipswichrscum [Y] Been attending home games since 2002 and I can confidently say that one of the worst games ever. Norwich 1 Dagenham and Redbridge 0 was also quite boring[|-)]

And thank you to the Bury fan who wore his away kit yesterday, i was intrigued that my mate (who''s knows most things about footy) did not know the colours of Bury''s away kit, thankfully the lad was showing his teams colours (albeit that is some interesting chocolatey colour...)

[quote user="Largey"]And thank you to the Bury fan who wore his away kit yesterday, i was intrigued that my mate (who''s knows most things about footy) did not know the colours of Bury''s away kit, thankfully the lad was showing his teams colours (albeit that is some interesting chocolatey colour...)[/quote]

You mean this one, modelled by Gemma Atkinson?

Model, actress and Bury Born Gemma Atkinson wore the new away shirt from Surridge Sports this morning on Sky Sport''s Soccer AM.