Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

FA Cup Fourth Round - Southampton (A)

a tough one, but the way the draw has worked out, if we progress we could get Non-Premiership teams all the way to the Final!

Sorry, FA Cup excitement has got the better of me!

Not a particularly exciting or money spinning draw, but if we show our league form in the cup theres no reason why we cant make it to round 5, and then who knows!

Three days before the league fixture. When that happens you dont very often get the same result in both games. Which one would you rather win?

[quote user="Kathy"]Three days before the league fixture. When that happens you dont very often get the same result in both games. Which one would you rather win?[/quote]

Whilst a cup run is good, I would much rather the team concentrated on the league to be fair.

Check out the last paragraph of Steve Gedge''s article in the Yellow and Greenun. Today. Remarkable! Whats Wednesday''s lottery numbers going to be Steve?

Three points please Kathy - we''re never going to win the FA Cup but we still could get relegated. Although to ease fixture congestion the FA should deem the game counts for both the Cup and the League.

Anyone know how many tickets we''ll get.  I think i heard away teams now get 15% in the cup.  32,000 capacity so i''m thinking we should get about 4800????

[quote user="Kathy"]Three days before the league fixture. When that happens you dont very often get the same result in both games. Which one would you rather win?[/quote]In our situation, I think three points are far more important than another round in the FA-Cup, even though I like this competition and would love Norwich to make it as far as possible.

The draw brought us what was pretty far down on my wish list: An away game against another Championship side...[:(]

i dont think bury be stroll in the park before you think about

how many tickets will we get?

what team selection will we play?

will it be a tv game?

will it be a sunny day?

[quote user="we8wba"]

will it be a tv game?

will it be a sunny day?

[/quote]

We?

Kathy - don''t point it out, we may be able to convert him properly soon, unless it gets pointed out.

[quote user="we8wba"]

will it be a tv game?

will it be a sunny day?

[/quote]

Your covers blown [:)]

Kathy - would rather have the 3 points.

Just play the kids against Bury in the hope that we won''t have to fulfill this incredibly boring 4th round fixture. If the kids pull it off then good on ''em!

I presume we could set up a pre-season style camp on the South coast for the week and really focus our efforts on Southampton if we get past Bury? Maybe we could hire out a caravan park on the Isle of White and the players could go sightseeing and take the hover craft to Southampton on match day''s??!!

Good old fashioned British hol! :)

[quote user="Kathy"]Check out the last paragraph of Steve Gedge''s article in the Yellow and Greenun. Today. Remarkable! Whats Wednesday''s lottery numbers going to be Steve?[/quote]

i noticed that today too!! good prediction!