Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

champs is now as good as old first division???

one of the panalists on motd yesterday (referring to absence of english players in liverpool lineup) said the new england boss should also be going to champs matches, cos thats where alot of the english players  play now.are some of the english players in the champs upto the standard required???  in terms of quality is the champs 2007 the equal of the old first divivion 1990???  lets face it, many prem england intls underperform with the 3 lions on their chest - almost as if they arfe either knackered from the rigours of playing in that league, or worried about saving themselves for the next prem league match the following weekend!!! look at lamps - plays like he has a rocket up his jack for chelski, then runs around like a fop for england???  rooney had a stormer for man u yesterday and was only on the pitch 20 mins - how i''d love ole bulldog/chewing/wasp face to churn out a truly world class moment for england when we need it!!!i''m saying there''s space for 2-3 champs players in the england first team - any ideas on who???

I would go as far as to say the early years of the Premiership (92-95 era) is Championship standard.

Before long they will have to dip into the Championship, that is unless they allow players of any nationality to play for England if they simply hold a valid passport (See Eduardo and Croatia).

When you think about it though, in our promotion side one could easily say that huckerby was the best (and probably only) left winger in the country. Green probably could have got into the squad as well as goal keeper. When we got relegated as well Ashton was definately a candidate for being an england squad member. I think some of the players now in this division could be challenging for england squad call-ups, marlon king and james beattie particually spring to mind.

There was a big rumour going around a couple of years ago that the FA were going to persuade Cudicini to play for England - Almunia is the latest one to come out and say he would play for England.I still think we should have a GB team at the Olympics - boy would be thump other teams.Championship players - sure. Not now, but when he first signed for us Huckerby would have been a great choice for England down the left, I still think he is better than Joe Cole who is massively overated in my books.Sure he scored a goal at the world cup - look again and he slices it off his shin. He offers nothing defencively and is sometimes way to hesitant to play a ball into the box.For me I would play Young in his place for England, big, strong and quick.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Is it time for Premier Leagues 1 and 2 with more Clubs sharing the revenue so having to use home grown talent?

[/quote]certainly rude old - i can see you''re all for making good use of home grown talent!!!  i see your avatar is powered by intel quad these days!!!