Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

I know why Cureton isn't playing well!

I prefer to think its because we dont have a big target man like his old chum at Colchester, he only plays well with a big man and that has been proved of late. Mind you, I wouldn''t mind playing that bad, if I got a WAG like that...

your having a laugh!!!!!!!!

No wonder he doesn''t give a 5hit if he scores on the pitch

He scores every night with her

Jammy bar steward

[quote user="Jonnyboy"]

your having a laugh!!!!!!!!

No wonder he doesn''t give a 5hit if he scores on the pitch

He scores every night with her

Jammy bar steward

[/quote]

Joking aside, I have never thought and I''d imagine that most here would agree, he would never ever go on the pitch with the attitude of I don''t give a shit, he has too much to prove or at least that what he would say and he is not that kinf of player.

Hes not playing well because hes no good simple as that , if he scored as many as he misses sitters he would be useful , sell him this month .

He isn''t playing very well because he is a poor footballer! Absolute rubbish again today and added another couple of sitters to his ever growing collection. Now we are seeing why he cost a quarter of what we got for Earnie! He is living on past glories and the fact that he scores against Ipswich......

[quote user="The Drop"]Hes not playing well because hes no good simple as that , if he scored as many as he misses sitters he would be useful , sell him this month .[/quote]

Agree with you on that one. If you look at his playing career it has been at a lower level. He is out of his depth. Granted he scored 20+ goals for Colchester, but  overall  he, is at best, an  average lower league player. It is futile to blame the squad for not playing the ball  to him because when it is at his feet in front of goal  he still misses.

He will  be on his way with a loan player coming in before the end of January.

I realise the kid of "village maidens" you guys are used to back in Norfolk... but seriously.... My missus knocks that goofy bitch into a hat!

Re: I know why Cureton isn''t playing well!

Because he''s crap

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

Re: I know why Cureton isn''t playing well!

Because he''s crap

[/quote]

He has scored 8 goals, which is not brilliant but if he continues at this rate for the remainder of the season he finishes up with a fair tally for the season. I suppose we are dissatisfied because he scored so many more last season and we see him miss so many. Dont get me wrong, I am not happy with his scoring but what has changed for him this year?  Has he become complacent?...Has his ability and speed deteriorated so much over the summer break? Is the service that he gets inhibiting him? I suppose if you were to do a caparison with his shots on goal, on and off target from last season at Colchester to what he has done for us this year it might tell a story. Can any poster do that?...you''d probably have to get hold of a Colchester Xmas 2006 programme to get the detailed stats.

From a quick bit of research Jamie''s league tally last season worked out at just under 1 goal every other game. He now stands at 8 goals in 22 first team appearances...it''s not that far short and could we really expect him to be top scorer two season''s running?

We could buy say, Stuart Fleetwood, current top scorer from the Conference, or any other striker and if they didn''t carry on scoring at the same rate would we automatically put it be down to the individual?

I really think the shots on and off target comparison would tell a story and hope that someone can respond on that.

Jamie cureton isnt crap... he isnt getting the service.... if i put u in a football team told u to score a goal then never gave u the ball woudl that make u a crap player?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Jamie cureton isnt crap... he isnt getting the service.... if i put u in a football team told u to score a goal then never gave u the ball woudl that make u a crap player?

[/quote]

Okay, so Brown is rubbish because he never scores.... but for Cureton and the other strikers everyone just says "well they don''t get the service".

Right...

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Okay, so Brown is rubbish because he never scores.... but for Cureton and the other strikers everyone just says "well they don''t get the service".

Right...

[/quote]

lol Graham have you noticed the difference in height between Jamie and Browny? Hmmmmmmm.  Jamie needs a big target man to play alongside, then you will see goals.

[/quote]

No Jamie isn''t crap, just not good enough to play in a top six side. Had chances again yesterday and failed to put''em away.

Poor mans Earshaw.

Nothing to do with the service Cureton is missing sitters from 6 yards out , he needs replacing simple as that , dyed green hair or not .

JC does worry me sometimes, but then again, I have not seen him play a pereiod of games with his preferred strike partner, I.e, like a big target man in the style of Ilumio, spelling.... He does need a big, mobile striker with him. I do agree with the comments on JC a little, he will never be a top 6 striker let alone a prem league striker. But the position we are in, we need players like JC here, he will score us goals.

How about Andy Gray from Burnley with him?

[/quote]

Sorry Jas, can''t agree. He has more than enough service, he just misses chance after chance. He''s probably cost us two wins at home over the Christmas period, and while he wasn''t alone in missing chances yesterday he missed them yet again. I was as happy as Larry when he signed, but I take what we could get for him now.

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Sorry Jas, can''t agree. He has more than enough service, he just misses chance after chance. He''s probably cost us two wins at home over the Christmas period, and while he wasn''t alone in missing chances yesterday he missed them yet again. I was as happy as Larry when he signed, but I take what we could get for him now.

[/quote]

Who cost us a win against Wolves over Xmas? I seem to remember watching in horror as Shacks & Doc ball watched as Andy Keogh leapt unchallenged to head in a simple chance from about 5 yards out. JC earned us a point rather than losing us any!

The same was true against Bury on Saturday. Another far post headed goal conceded without even challenging for the ball!!

[quote user="The Great Escape, (Happy)"]

[quote]Agree with you on that one. If you look at his playing career it has been at a lower level. He is out of his depth. Granted he scored 20+ goals for Colchester, but  overall  he, is at best, an  average lower league player. It is futile to blame the squad for not playing the ball  to him because when it is at his feet in front of goal  he still misses.

He will  be on his way with a loan player coming in before the end of January.

[/quote]

Was he out of his depth when he scored 23 goals in this league last season? He won the golden boot. I bet you were the same type of person that wanted Iwan Roberts out of the team when he joined from Wolves.

Give the guy a break, he has a better scoring record than any of our current strikers. Who would get the goals if he was sold?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Right...

[/quote]Brown has scored once. Nice tally that is. Cureton has scored 8 times in 22 games. We are not in the top half like the uwe''s were last season. Nor does he have the quality service like last season. The better question is who else is scoring for norwich to help not only cureton out but the whole team, er........ nobody. Till somebody else starts scoring cureton is our best and only goal scorer.

[quote user="Barclay Boy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who cost us a win against Wolves over Xmas? I seem to remember watching in horror as Shacks & Doc ball watched as Andy Keogh leapt unchallenged to head in a simple chance from about 5 yards out. JC earned us a point rather than losing us any!

The same was true against Bury on Saturday. Another far post headed goal conceded without even challenging for the ball!!

[/quote]

Mr David Marshall stand up and be counted.. a back post ball in the 6 yard box is the keepers EVERY time... that flapper lost sight of it vs Wolves and also against bury. how much longer are we sticking with him over Gilks?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Barclay Boy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mr David Marshall stand up and be counted.. a back post ball in the 6 yard box is the keepers EVERY time... that flapper lost sight of it vs Wolves and also against bury. how much longer are we sticking with him over Gilks?

[/quote]

Jas. What I can''t understand about all this is why you (amongst others on here) don''t seem to be able to accept any criticism about Jamie Cureton.

If you want to respond to criticism about him, then surely the way to do it is to put forward something that will put his case not bring up other people''s faults. I''ve said previously I would love for him to do well, but at the moment he''s just not performing.

Incidentally only three defensive cock-ups leading to one goal a game (and I don''t recall the opposition missing any gilt-edged chances). Several glaring misses by our forwards (not all Jamie). I think if I had to blame any area of the team specifically I''d know where it lay. It would seem from today''s statements from Glenn Roeder that''s where his thinking lies too.

[quote user="Barclay Boy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Other than missing a couple of very presentable chances. The goal he scored owed much to a feeble attempt to save from the Wolves keeper. The same with the Scunthorpe goal which he almost managed to miss.

All the utter tosh that was spouted on here about him not missing as many chances as Earnie when we signed him in the summer. A lot of Earnie''s efforts were from outside the box when he had no support or when he chose to ignore better placed team mates. I cannot remember him missing too many chances from inside the 6 yd box as Cureton has been doing on a consistent basis of late (2 against Ipswich, 1 against Plymouth and 1 against Bury immediately spring to mind).

I like Cureton because he gives 100% but he should have double the number of goals that he has.

Lets be honest at this time last year Earnie had 17 goals and we weren''t creating too many chances were we?