Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

The sale of Lewis to finance capital commitments?

[quote user="Canary Nut"]May be the sale of Lewis for £400k is to finance the £247k''s worth of Capital Commitments in note 30 (page 40) of the NCFC Accounts to 31st May 2007 ?[/quote]

Or for the ''Carpet Commitments'' in the various lounge areas and offices inside the stadium, that are looking a tadge stained and threadbare.......

The threadbare squad can cope though......[6]

[quote user="Canary Nut"]May be the sale of Lewis for £400k is to finance the £247k''s worth of Capital Commitments in note 30 (page 40) of the NCFC Accounts to 31st May 2007 ?[/quote]Well, you''re never going to create a sense of injustice and outrage with all that accountancy talk.You should have said "I bet they''ve sold Lewis to buy posh burgers for that ''effin rest-er-rornt.  Meanwhile we end up playing FOOTBALL in the Ryman League.  NO AMBITION !!!!"  Now that''s how you create a sense of injustice and outrage. [;)]

Don''t be silly,Delia needs a new set of pots and pans for the kitchens.

You would have to be naive to think it might be spent on something as wasteful as footballers. Anyone would think we''re a football club.

Or maybe he''s just enjoyed playing first team football during his loan spell and doesn''t want to sit on the bench at Norwich week in and week out.  400k isn''t bad for a keeper who is yet to prove himself at Championship level and as it''s obvious Glenn''s transfer kitty isn''t exactly overflowing any extra he can generate by selling Lewis seems fair enough to me.

We''ll look very silly if, sod''s law, Marshall gets injured on Saturday and we''re left with Arnold in goal for the next few weeks...

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Canary Nut"]May be the sale of Lewis for £400k is to finance the £247k''s worth of Capital Commitments in note 30 (page 40) of the NCFC Accounts to 31st May 2007 ?[/quote]

Well, you''re never going to create a sense of injustice and outrage with all that accountancy talk.

You should have said

"I bet they''ve sold Lewis to buy posh burgers for that ''effin rest-er-rornt.  Meanwhile we end up playing FOOTBALL in the Ryman League.  NO AMBITION !!!!" 

Now that''s how you create a sense of injustice and outrage. [;)]

[/quote]

HO! HO! you WAG! Certainly not the way I''d go about it.......Surely, chippin'' an'' snipin'', sarcasm and cynicism with a bit o'' acrimonious acerbity, outrageous allegations and fabricated bilge and nonsense - coupled with unsubstantiated rumour and general resentment of our NCFC board and most excellent Chief Exec.....Is the more counter-productive, correct and acceptable way?

Otherwise, this forum would just dry up, and we''d have nothing to debate, hate, contemplate, fluctuate, variate, regurgitate or congregate....for.[:|]

BLAH OUT! BOARD OUT!...........and all the Celebrideeee! Delia fawnin'' abidin'' adorin'' accompaniment - includin'' the clubby Director luvvin'' an'' board acceptin'' an'' absolvin'' apologist''s....... NOW!  WHERE''S THE BL**DY MONEY GONE![8o|]

Thar ya'' goo.....How''s that? Not liable for libel, just lunacy an'' levity - aren''t I?[:|] 

[quote user="Grando"]We''ll look very silly if, sod''s law, Marshall gets injured on Saturday and we''re left with Arnold in goal for the next few weeks...[/quote]even sillier if Arnold turns out to be the next Petr Cech... oh wait... no we wouldnt...

[quote user="Grando"]We''ll look very silly if, sod''s law, Marshall gets injured on Saturday and we''re left with Arnold in goal for the next few weeks...[/quote]

My thoughts exactly Grando.

Is there a payment do to the bank for the road loan?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="Canary Nut"]May be the sale of Lewis for £400k is to finance the £247k''s worth of Capital Commitments in note 30 (page 40) of the NCFC Accounts to 31st May 2007 ?[/quote]

Or maybe it isn''t

Maybe it''s a fantastic offer for an unproven player that the board would be foolish to turn down

[quote user="Canary Nut"]I wonder if Lewis transfer may be delayed for say a week until Gilkes is fit.[/quote]

he isnt far off, he was running about before the Bury game.

jas :)

[quote user="Boot"]

Maybe it''s a fantastic offer for an unproven player that the board would be foolish to turn down

[/quote]

So unproven that the Morecambe manager wanted to take him back on loan and even made a bid when he heard about a possible transfer.

So unproven that Peterborough of limited means made a £400k bid. 

I wonder why?

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="Boot"]

[/quote]

So unproven that the Morecambe manager wanted to take him back on loan and even made a bid when he heard about a possible transfer.

I wonder why?

[/quote]

It''s the Ferguson Connection!.......Young Joe plays for the Posh for a season - and then moves to Young Fergie''s Dad''s Man Ure for a large fee.....[8-|]

[/quote]

I wonder why?

[/quote]

Roederds decision to let him go, not the boards.

Sign here to get rid of Roeder .......

Great price....well done city - good luck to the kid too......

[quote user="T07"][quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="Boot"]

[/quote]

I wonder why?

[/quote]

Roederds decision to let him go, not the boards.

Sign here to get rid of Roeder .......

Great price....well done city - good luck to the kid too......

[/quote]great, if its all down to roeder, we may soon see the back of those other players he doesn''t rate.  clearly, their wages are detracting from the budget available to him and maye preventing him fom bringing in thise he really wnats at carra rd.

[/quote]

I wonder why?

Peterborough limited funds? Not in the last season or so they have been well bankrolled by their new owner. Joe was told that by Roeder that he wanted to keep him and Roeder was in NO way Forced to sell Joe, It was Joe''s choice to leave so stop al this negative anti board crap until we see what they do this month, I think you might be surprised.

[/quote]

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

I wonder why?

[/quote]

Yes, but if he is so great, how come no Championship or even League 1 sides came in for him?  If he is ready and so good, how is that?  The fact is that both sides linked with him are League 2 should suggest something to you.  Perhaps he is not ready for our level - and perhaps he never will be - so maybe he isn''t quite as good as we think. 

Whatever, you have to wish him well and hope that he does realise his potential, but at the end of the day, with him in the squad we had 2 first choice keepers (Marshall, Gilks) and 2 reserves (Lewis, Arnold) with a further decent prospect coming through the ranks in Rudd.  If we can cash in our 3rd choice keeper for £400k that is surely sensible business.

[/quote]

I wonder why?

Sorry I didn''t realise that Morecambe had come in for him as well as Peterborough.....with two clubs of this stature fighting over him he must be world class. 

[/quote]