Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Ched Evans

Just interested in what people think as not much has been said about him.

Do you want him to be re-signed or would you prefer we went for someone with more experience and a better goalscoring record?

I believe when he was here he scored 2 in 9 (3 as sub), yes he looked sharp and willing to run but do we need more? Do we need a bigger man?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Personally, I''m not bothered, he seems very average to me![:|][/quote]

This is based on what, exactly? Watching him play?

i agree with the wizard. he showed sparks of class, solid enough player but imo not the man to score us the goals to move us up the league. hes young and will improve though, if we could get him on the cheap then why not but i wouldnt waste vast sums of money on him.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="ron obvious"]

This is based on what, exactly? Watching him play?

[/quote]

Er...........Yes!.[:|]

[/quote]

OK. Is that live, i.e. in the flesh, or highlights on TV?

Just seems a bit at odds with other people''s opinions.

We have been better since he was here and worse since he left.

No brainer really?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Just interested in what people think as not much has been said about him.

Do you want him to be re-signed or would you prefer we went for someone with more experience and a better goalscoring record?

I believe when he was here he scored 2 in 9 (3 as sub), yes he looked sharp and willing to run but do we need more? Do we need a bigger man?

[/quote]

We need someone clinical who can put chances away. Someone who would have seen us beat Bury 4-1 on Saturday not draw 1-1!Would we have won with Evans in the side on Saturday? I''m tempted to say yes but that''s easy to say after the event. Clinical strikers don''t come cheap so maybe Evans is our best bet. But you know who i thought we really could have done with on Saturday? Mr Earnshaw... Ameobi would be awesome of course. I think Roedy still harbours hope of getting him. He would need to ship 3 or 4 out to be able to afford him on the books, hence all the talk of people moving on. Who knows, if DtS, Murray, Brown, Lewis (already gone) all go and we don''t renew loans of Smith and Evans, maybe we could get him. Maybe....[ip] (that''s supposed to resemble a dream by the way!)

His potential is obvious. What''s equally as obvious is our inability to play to his strengths. He''s being played as a target man and being beaten every time.

I''d like to see him being played alongside a target man. His finishing is very impressive and I think him and Cureton should be competing for the same spot, not partnering each other.

He is an OK kid but has a lot to learn and needs to bulk up some more, but is likely to improve with age and experience.  I don''t think we can really afford to have him and Martin in the squad long term because they both fit that description.  On the basis of performances this season Ched looks the better bet of the two, but we were indebted to Martin for some crucial goals last season and if Roeder can sort his attitude and slim him down I think we should show faith in him.  Best solution seems to me to extend his loan to the end of the season if possible and make a decision then.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]He is an OK kid but has a lot to learn and needs to bulk up some more, but is likely to improve with age and experience.  I don''t think we can really afford to have him and Martin in the squad long term because they both fit that description.  On the basis of performances this season Ched looks the better bet of the two, but we were indebted to Martin for some crucial goals last season and if Roeder can sort his attitude and slim him down I think we should show faith in him.  Best solution seems to me to extend his loan to the end of the season if possible and make a decision then.[/quote]Bulk up some more? Are you out of your mind? Have you seen him in the flesh? Take a look at one of the pictures of him on the Pink''un or in the evening news/edp and you will see the guy is quite muscular enough. Apart from anything else I would imagine he is still going through the process of "filling" out as the old wives say.Bulking out is not his priority otherwise we should be saying the same of half our squad.