Sign in to follow this  
Steve H

What is Jim Magilton on.

Glenn, I urge you not to dilly dally on this one. Call Jim Magilton at once.....You may just find an outlet for Chris Brown, Simon Lappin, Ian Murray and any other pondlife we have knocking about. Dont delay, it is like all your christmases have come at once.

Truly unbelievable!  I remember seeing this guy play and he made Dean Coney look like Pele.  Not exactly the sort you would think a club awash with cash from their multi-millionare new backer [;)] would be interested in

Bizarre isn''t it - they still appear to be fishing in the same waters as the rest of us, despite their supposed new found wealth. Surely if you had £12m in your pocket you''d set your sights a little higher than Paul Parry, David Norris and Paul Dalglish! QPR have the right idea - ok they''ve potentially got a lot more than the binners but Buzsaky, Agyemang, Vine and Hall don''t cost £12m and are the sort of additions i''d be very happy to have at CR. As it is, don''t rule out a realistic charge on the play-offs by QPR.

whilst i do agree with all you are saying and i do think dalgliesh (sp?) will not be the right buy for ipswich in the long term, you can hardly make a dig about ipswich still fishing from the same waters as the rest of us - we are all championship teams and the only players any of us are able to get are players who are willing to play for championship teams. i think what ipswich may be looking for is some kind of strength and experience to their squad purely to increase their chances of promotion. the summer is a much bigger transfer window thus more time for better signings. if ipswich do become a premiership team by the end of the season.... doubtfull.... but if they do they will be in a position to fish from different ponds, to attract players they otherwise would not have been able too whilst playing in the championship. Norris is a proven championship player, and would fit in well in the premiership, he has attracted a lot of attention from more clubs that just ipswich. so i hardly think you can criticise their lust for the man. albeit he is over priced. ipswich are looking for experience in their players at the moment, i am not disagreeing with what you are all saying as such, but i can also see logic in a move of this type.

[quote user="the son of doc"]whilst i do agree with all you are saying and i do think dalgliesh (sp?) will not be the right buy for ipswich in the long term, you can hardly make a dig about ipswich still fishing from the same waters as the rest of us - we are all championship teams and the only players any of us are able to get are players who are willing to play for championship teams.

i think what ipswich may be looking for is some kind of strength and experience to their squad purely to increase their chances of promotion. the summer is a much bigger transfer window thus more time for better signings. if ipswich do become a premiership team by the end of the season.... doubtfull.... but if they do they will be in a position to fish from different ponds, to attract players they otherwise would not have been able too whilst playing in the championship.

Norris is a proven championship player, and would fit in well in the premiership, he has attracted a lot of attention from more clubs that just ipswich. so i hardly think you can criticise their lust for the man. albeit he is over priced.

ipswich are looking for experience in their players at the moment, i am not disagreeing with what you are all saying as such, but i can also see logic in a move of this type.
[/quote]

There is no move.

Read the link on Paul''s post.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="the son of doc"]whilst i do agree with all you are saying and i do think dalgliesh (sp?) will not be the right buy for ipswich in the long term, you can hardly make a dig about ipswich still fishing from the same waters as the rest of us - we are all championship teams and the only players any of us are able to get are players who are willing to play for championship teams. i think what ipswich may be looking for is some kind of strength and experience to their squad purely to increase their chances of promotion. the summer is a much bigger transfer window thus more time for better signings. if ipswich do become a premiership team by the end of the season.... doubtfull.... but if they do they will be in a position to fish from different ponds, to attract players they otherwise would not have been able too whilst playing in the championship. Norris is a proven championship player, and would fit in well in the premiership, he has attracted a lot of attention from more clubs that just ipswich. so i hardly think you can criticise their lust for the man. albeit he is over priced. ipswich are looking for experience in their players at the moment, i am not disagreeing with what you are all saying as such, but i can also see logic in a move of this type. [/quote]

There is no move.

Read the link on Paul''s post.

[/quote]alright take a chill pill mate! regardless of wether there is a move for this specific player - i still think my argument is a valid one.