Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Posh's Aaron Mclean

Why oh why have we not tried to get this striker from peterbourgh.  20 goals already this season, and we could of done a deal with Joe Lewis going the other way. Our current strikers are not scoring and missing so many chances its costing us big time.

Really difficult to recognise who''ll make the grade at a higher level...hence little talk from bigger clubs at the moment for Conference top scorer Stuart Fleetwood, despite his manager talking up the prospective deals by saying they want to keep him.

I agree with you city til i die. We are in desperate need of a goalscorer. I know he is unproven at this level but several guys I work with are Peterborough season ticket holders and reckon he could step up to the Championship. If we are selling Lewis for 400k I would guess Mclean would cost us 500k max in top of that (900k deal). I that really a bad bit of business?

Any signing is a gamble and there are plenty of examples of those who have made the step up and those who havent''t.

The likes of Marlon King, Chris Iwelumo and David Nugent have been very successful whilst the likes of Eastwod and McCleod have been less so.

Depending on the price he is worth a punt. If he is likely to be nearer a £1 million I would rather we spent that on someone like Andy Gray or Derek O''Riordan who have shown they can score at a high(ish) level.

Aaron Mclean Wouldn''t Cut It At This Level, SoMany Strikers Have Been Signed From The Lower Leagues Who Were Goal Machines And Haven''t Cut It, He''s Too Similar To What We Have Already

[quote user="noz4lyf"]Aaron Mclean Wouldn''t Cut It At This Level, SoMany Strikers Have Been Signed From The Lower Leagues Who Were Goal Machines And Haven''t Cut It, He''s Too Similar To What We Have Already[/quote]he is scoring goals, how is he similar????

keep kightly and maclean both left grays at same time

both highly wanted maclean was tipped to be the better prospect

looking how class kights is in this league i would have maclean at wolves

[quote user="city til i die"]Why oh why have we not tried to get this striker from peterbourgh.  20 goals already this season, and we could of done a deal with Joe Lewis going the other way. Our current strikers are not scoring and missing so many chances its costing us big time.[/quote]

There''s no way he''ll be coming to Carrow Road. Peterborough are trying to build a promotion side and won''t let him go unless someone offers barmy money.

That means we''re out of the running straightaway, doesn''t it ?