Sign in to follow this  
YellowIce

Buy a player fund

Speaking to an avid Brum supported i asked if fans were able to give money to a transfer fund or were there tax implications and other barriers?

He told me that Brum in fact did this in the eighties and that lower club teams still do it now. (Am i right in thinking that we sold extra shares to finance some of the Huckerby transfer?) He said a bank account is set up and fans can "donate" money.

Im sure this would not go down well with many fans saying they could not give - which is understandable and no one should get the feeling they have to.

But is 25,000 fans gave a tenner directly to the fund. £750,000 (offer) + £250,000 = Taylor (asking price). "The Taylor Fund" - lol

Don''t we give enough already in ticket costs, merchandising, drinks at the ground etc?

" Im sure this would not go down well with many fans saying they could not give - which is understandable and no one should get the feeling they have to."

I have already said it would be optional

That''s a relief. I thought it was going to be a new stealth tax that all City fans would have deducted directly from their pay packets!

this is a good idea! it should happen even if we dont raise enough in the short term, it may raise enough in the future for future transfers...

Well I''ll put in a £100. Then it''ll only need another 999 mugs and we have enough money to, say, buy a Simon Lappin.

I''d put some cash in, but I want to negotiate a sell-on percentage for any future sale of the player that my money had initially contributed towards signing. [;)]