Sign in to follow this  
bradley1

Thanks and we all hope to see you at Gigg Lane

Hi Bury fan here. Great game yesterday, you were unlucky not to be winning at half time but I was proud of the way we cam eout and the way we played some decent stuff on the floor.

I would also like to say that the Norwich fans were great. For your stand behind the net near us to stay and applaud our team is a credit to you all. Just a shame about Roeder theres is no excuse for being unsporting.

I was pleased with our following as well especially because we havent won for 7 games and we only get 1900 home fans on average at home. To take over 50% of you home following shows just how much this team means to the fans.

It would be easy to support united or city up here but that would be boring and you cant beat supporting your LOCAL club.

After the game yesterday I had loads of Norwich fans coming upto us and congratulating us on our performance and its good to see proper fans and not idiots abusing you.

Just to ket you know the drum was allowed because the fan (sanny) rung the club a couple of weeks ago and asked permission and they gave the go ahead.

When you come up to Gigg we have a great social club and its only a £1 to get in. You would be warmly welcomed and the beers great too. In fact Bury is brilliant for pubs so if you fancy having a day off you wont be disappointed.

We normally have a crowd of about 2400 and expect about 3 to 4 thousand here when youcome plus whatevert you bring. It doesnt sound a lot but you would be surprised just how much noise a crowd of 3500 to 4500 will make as its a very enclosed ground.

The away end is good to, no posts and great for singing

http://www.footballgroundz.co.uk/pictures/bury15new.jpg

http://www.footballgroundz.co.uk/pictures/bury7new.jpg

Dont worry about the pitch that piucture was taken before the drainage was sorted and the pitch is good now.

There are alot of people at Bury who were also pleasantly surprised with Norwich and their posts are here to read

http://www.themightyshakers.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=31079

Thanks for great day, have  a safe journey up here and may the best team win, hopefully us.

I think a good bond could be formed with Bury. Their supporters seem a nice bunch. Maybe we could use them to give our guys some first team football. How do you fancy Lappin and Strihavka for starters?

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]What did Roeder do that you thought was unsporting, Bradley? In case Bradley doesn''t come back to this message board, does anybody recall Roeder doing something unsporting on Saturday?[/quote]

According to some reports he didn''t shake Chris Casper''s hand at the end of the match. This was allegedly as a result of a verbal spat between the two benches following a meaty Pattison challenge during the game.

casper went over to shake his hand and he just walked away, plus he didnt give us any credit at all. never mind we had a good laugh anyway. Did you like the chant "sing when your drawing"?

What about that for a draw as well, I think someone hates us, Norwich and if we win Southampton. My car will be devalued about £2000 after this with aal the milage thats going on it. If we do win we will probably take a 1000 fans down so should still be a good day out.

What do you lads and lasses think of the draw?

how many do you think you will bring to Gigg anyway? Also get on Bury market and try the famous Chadwicks Bury Black Pudding, a real classic!!

[quote user="bradley1"]how many do you think you will bring to Gigg anyway? Also get on Bury market and try the famous Chadwicks Bury Black Pudding, a real classic!![/quote]

I thought Lee Croft was more of a pudding that Luke Chadwick!

thats not good from Roeder! we all say things in the heat of the moment but credit where Credits Due Bury were the better side... Roeder could at least have put this fact above his Ego at the end of the game... im saddened to hear that a little bit

jas :)

[quote user="bradley1"]

casper went over to shake his hand and he just walked away, plus he didnt give us any credit at all. never mind we had a good laugh anyway. Did you like the chant "sing when your drawing"?

[/quote]I didn''t know about this and am very disappointed in Roeder if this is what happened - i expect him to reflect the traditions of our club and show good sportmanship, regardless of what happens over 90 minutes. Why no mention of it Pink''un?