Sign in to follow this  
mike

Big Dave leaving

Heard that he was leaving last night for Europe.Think this was the last we have seen of dave.

I wouldnt be at all suprised, especially if someone in Eastern Europe is willing to pay us most of the money back, based on his impressive record in the Czech Republic. It would give Glen more money to play with, and get strihavka''s carear back on track. It''s a shame he hasnt adapted, but its happened to bigger names than him.

He was linked with the Bundesliga a week or two back, but a return to his homeland wouldnt suprise me either. One things certain is Roeder doesnt rate him, and he will be looking to buy a striker (or two) and this money will help!

Is this reliable? It would be a shame, i think in time he would have come good. If he is on his way out, and with the inevitable departure of Brown, and also possibly Martin, emphasis must surely be on getting a new striker. Ameobi, although a nice thought is not going to happen, so where do we go from here?

[quote user="mike"]

Heard that he was leaving last night for Europe.Think this was the last we have seen of dave.

[/quote]

Two weeks all inclusive in Majorca apparently. Booked it withh Teletext Holidays.

i saw him at 2.30pm on sat afternoon in house of frasier so he is obviously not involved with the team at all.  

[quote user="plan b"]i saw him at 2.30pm on sat afternoon in house of frasier so he is obviously not involved with the team at all.  [/quote]

Guess you ain''t either

[quote user="Vern "][quote user="mike"]

[/quote]

Two weeks all inclusive in Majorca apparently. Booked it withh Teletext Holidays.

[/quote]

Booked it, Packed it, *ed off

I couldn''t resist. Sorry.

[quote user="Steve H"]

[quote user="plan b"]i saw him at 2.30pm on sat afternoon in house of frasier so he is obviously not involved with the team at all.  [/quote]

Guess you ain''t either

[/quote]

dont know how slow you walk but i doesn''t take me more than 15 mins to walk to the ground.

i would rather save up the wages from chris brown, murray, lewis and strihavka (possibly martin) and put it towards funding a loan move for ameobi

[quote user="Burgandy"]i would rather save up the wages from chris brown, murray, lewis and strihavka (possibly martin) and put it towards funding a loan move for ameobi[/quote]

Me too, get rid of the dead wood bench warmers and freeing up their wages, good business IMO.

[quote user="mike"]

[/quote]

Can we have that in writing Mike?.

I agree with burgandy, but I do think we need him on a permanent in the longterm, I just did a post on strikers for next year, and other than Jamie and maybe Martin, we will have no one!!

[quote user="gissing canary"]I agree with burgandy, but I do think we need him on a permanent in the longterm, I just did a post on strikers for next year, and other than Jamie and maybe Martin, we will have no one!!

[/quote]

Yes but we''ve been in that position from the start of the season!![;)]

thank god for tht what a **** poor signing he really was glad to get shot of him hope he rots away in the macedonian league

Firstly guys he''s only started 3 games for norwich and a few sub appearences so for to the people saying he is rubbish you know absoultely nothing, because like the rest of us you can''t judge a player of 3 appearences. Look at Eduardo, what a rubbish signing he is. It takes at least a couple of months for foreign players to get accaliatised. Especially at his young age, he probably had barely been to many other places outside of the chezch republic before he came here.Secondly everybody has moaned for the last 4/5 seasons that we haven''t had enough players, we haven''t had a big enough squad. Now that we have you lot want us to sell all our players so that if cureton gets injured we will have NOBODY who can score for us. Chris brown I accept needs to go, he is plain rubbish and has started over 15 games and has scored once with a tap in. Strihavka has the potential to be a good player. He needs time to adapt and maybe he can make a challenge in the future for a place. I would be disgusted if we let him go for anything less than 500k and for a loss. He is young, he needs time to adapt and he can score goals. He has proved that we need some more strikers but strihavka shouldn''t listen to you idiotic boo-boys who are more ipswich fans than norwich fans.

[quote user="Burgandy"]

gissing, the way martins going i doubt he''ll be around for much longer either!!!

[/quote]I agree, but that leaves us only jamie for next season, so we need to get in 3??As far as someone else saying that we were in this at the start of the season, I disagree, we thought we had Dave a hot prospect from Eastern Europe, a young player with a lot of potential, Jamie, and Brown, who knew that other than the off but still scoring Jamie the others would be rubbish.  We also have Hucks and Dion this season, who can play up front, but next year we wont!!

[quote user="inspector"]Is this reliable? It would be a shame, i think in time he would have come good. If he is on his way out, and with the inevitable departure of Brown, and also possibly Martin, emphasis must surely be on getting a new striker. Ameobi, although a nice thought is not going to happen, so where do we go from here?[/quote]

agreed! with 3 strikers going getting at least 1 in is now imperative! I''d ideally like to see 2 come in... 1 to partner Cureton and 1 perhaps from the lower leagues who doesnt expect to play every week but can do a job when called upon will keep the numbers up..

otherwise its Cureton against the world!

jas :)

at least it gives the fans something to look forward to, the signing of a few strikers never goes a miss eh?!!

Well whoever it was... I cant remember exacly, but... that said we should save up the wages from all those players... but that leaves us with 2 other strikers.... and Dion will not take playing all the time.

And if Dave is leaving then I am very very disappointed.... I feel we will regret this when hes signed as the replacement for Ibrahimovic...

[quote user="The Bucketman"]

And if Dave is leaving then I am very very disappointed.... I feel we will regret this when hes signed as the replacement for Ibrahimovic...

[/quote]

if their looking for strihavka as a replacement... im sure we can sortout a swap deal [:D] i wouldn''t mind that at all :L

[quote user="Darts_Fan"]thank god for tht what a **** poor signing he really was glad to get shot of him hope he rots away in the macedonian league[/quote]

That''s a bit harsh, what has he ever done to you?

[quote user="The Bucketman"]

[/quote]

Or when Preston reluctantly sell Chris Brown to Manchester City...

[quote user="Fellas"]Firstly guys he''s only started 3 games for norwich and a few sub appearences so for to the people saying he is rubbish you know absoultely nothing, because like the rest of us you can''t judge a player of 3 appearences. Look at Eduardo, what a rubbish signing he is. It takes at least a couple of months for foreign players to get accaliatised. Especially at his young age, he probably had barely been to many other places outside of the chezch republic before he came here.

Secondly everybody has moaned for the last 4/5 seasons that we haven''t had enough players, we haven''t had a big enough squad. Now that we have you lot want us to sell all our players so that if cureton gets injured we will have NOBODY who can score for us. Chris brown I accept needs to go, he is plain rubbish and has started over 15 games and has scored once with a tap in.

Strihavka has the potential to be a good player. He needs time to adapt and maybe he can make a challenge in the future for a place. I would be disgusted if we let him go for anything less than 500k and for a loss. He is young, he needs time to adapt and he can score goals. He has proved that we need some more strikers but strihavka shouldn''t listen to you idiotic boo-boys who are more ipswich fans than norwich fans.
[/quote]

He has to go for the good of our club and even his career.

The gaffer doesn''t fancy him that’s clear. He doesn''t even make the bench. Even Jarvis and Brown have be preferred ahead of him.

As for the fact that you feel he should be given more games. Well that fine if your Arsenal and winning week in week out. That’s fine if your winning games by 3 and 4 goals. You can ease players in with half an hour here and 45 minutes there.

I''ve said on here before that many fans have a romantic view of foreign players. We all like the idea of a big powerful east European striker. Just like we all like the idea of a French hard man midfielder. Truth is that isn''t what we ended up with.

These players including big Dave were bought by Grant. He was an utter failure as a manager and an almost complete disaster as a judge of a player.

We have a good manager and we have limited funds and a big fat mess to get out of. We don''t need players of 4 year contracts who aren''t going to play.

You just have to face it Roeder sees him train every day and he''s played him in the reserves. He doesn''t reckon he can do the job. He also doesn''t seem to think he worth waiting for to see if he improves. I have to say so far Roeder’s done well and I would back his judgement ahead of Grants and any sentimental fans every time.

Shame if he goes, he was certainly being chased by some other sizeable clubs when we got him.  He has some good qualities from what little we have seen. Guess we''ll never know how good he could have been for us,