Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Lewis £400,000

Does anyone agree that £400,000 for Lewis is a fantastic piece of business for the club?Browns going for less and he''s older with much more experience. Lewis has no first team experience in the Championship, and £400k for a 20 yr old unproven at a high level means great business to me.Hopefully we have a good sell on clause in case he does come good and Posh sell for millions. But With Marshall at only 24 there was no room for Lewis to step up so this is the best way forward as i see it. We were never going to get anymore as Lewis simply wouldnt have had the shop window chance to increase his value with Marshall in his way, so his worth may never have increased, so if Posh are prepared to offer £400,000 we should bite baby Fergie''s hand off, and thus we have.Great business Roeder..

I agree - he wasn''t going to play here, he obviously wants first-team football, and we get offered £400k for someone who''s only played in League Two - he''s a great prospect but we have other priorites at the moment so I think we''ve done well out of it.