Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_Shaun

Mark Halsey...[:)]

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]

what a legend!

no way was that a sending off.... clearly a norwich fan!

[/quote]hehe lol that made me laugh

It is such a shame, i remember laughing as much last year when Danny Haynes was celebrating against charlton, only to turn around 30 seconds later to see charlton playing on at the other end . PRICELESS

Despite him being an ipswich player, i was disgusted by the decision. if if keeps going this way football is going to be ruined and the contact element destroyed. the "sport" we see on television will be far different from what we know in parks and playing fields. halsey should be sacked for this

Dreadful decision but my enjoyment was spoilt by the brief shot of Mendes lying on the ground peeping out from behind his hands checking if he''d done enough  play acting to get the lad sent off. Don''t like that aspect in the slightest but it didn''t stop me chortling at the Scummers expense though.

[quote user="HUDDY "]It is such a shame, i remember laughing as much last year when Danny Haynes was celebrating against charlton, only to turn around 30 seconds later to see charlton playing on at the other end . PRICELESS[/quote]

It was actually Watford.

The thing is we all moan at the standard of refs in the championship, but if thats the standard of the refs from the premier league then I think I would rather be in this league!

Sure I would laugh if it happened to you lot but the fact is stuff like this is what is making our beloved game becoming closer to netball!

[quote user="clblue"]

The thing is we all moan at the standard of refs in the championship, but if thats the standard of the refs from the premier league then I think I would rather be in this league!

Sure I would laugh if it happened to you lot but the fact is stuff like this is what is making our beloved game becoming closer to netball!

[/quote]

A recent Football manager said if the England playing

squad only made as many mistakes as England Referee''s we would be world

champions every time of asking and to be honest he is right. The referee did

make the wrong decision yesterday but it happens. What I''m really disgusted at

is the Birmingham

player reaction, rolling around like he''d been shot. The only thing bringing

the standard of the game down is the players.

Moan all you want, but the standard of Referees is not going to get any better,

because it is already at its highest quality, and I should know I''ve been

through some of the rigorous examinations and tests that the FA put referees

through just to attain one level, the top referee''s will have to endure about 8

of them and to be honest I have no idea why any person would want to go through

it, it is hell.

Stop with the melodrama, the game is not getting closer to netball, there has

been a recent clamp down on dangerous tackles by the FA and the referee''s are

simply following orders, it will all calm down again soon. I don''t think you''d

give a toss if it happened to us, the only reason you do care is because it

happened against you.

At the end of the day referees do an incredibly tough and demanding job very

well and without them the game is nothing. Just accept that mistakes and

controversy are part of the game and make it what it is. I think even if we had

a perfect robot ref out there who never got anything wrong, people would still

abuse it and say that the standard of refereeing is rubbish, it''s just part of

the game. [:)]

Very poor decision but made me feel so good [:D]. Just a shame players like Mendes make such a fuss of it, thats the sort of thing that will sway referees such as Halsey to send players off. I think we need more referees like Pierluigi Colina. He took no s**t and just gave ''em all a stern look.

Also did anybody see the challenge in the Coventy-Blackburn game that resulted in the first goal (a penalty). The consistency of these referees in unbelievable. How the player did not get sent off for that i will never know. The refereeing system in the english leagues needs a serious overhaul.

Wiggle

kyle laffertys sending off today for burnley against Arsenal was similar.. i would say worse but still not really a red card ... anyone else think this one was a red?

I thought lafferty went in with his stubs showing and shin high - if thats not a dangerous tackle worthy of a red what is? 

Have not seen the Ipswich one but as some else has pointed out the majority of key decisions by officials are correct;  their error rate is pretty low and certainly far better than any footballer.  

For me Laffertys challenge was erroneously made,  I dont think he meant to go in that high,  but what he meant to do is irrelevant,  the fact is he fouled an opponent in a reckless manner having taken a poor touch - thats two errors;  thats the players fault, not the refs.  

Fair enough, you lot having a smile. I''m sure we would do the same if it was reversed. That''s what rivalry is all about. But on a more serious level, if you beat Bury and get a Premiership side later in the Cup, you might find out just how biased these elite Premiership referees are. They look after their "own teams." It''s more than a coincidence that for two years running a Premiership referee has swung the game in favour of the team in the top league against us. This elite system seems to have created an "us and them" thing  with referees. God help any Championship player who fouls a Premiership star. A red card will always await him. You might find that out for yourselves.

Klinnsman was a master at diving theatrically, it is a fact of life with overseas players. Problem is we see it with our home grown players now, and this "cheating" really gets my back up. Ok, referee''s are going to make mistakes, and get sucked in by some of the theatricals, but the penatlties for play-acting need to be severe and video evidence needs to be used to stamp this out.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

I thought lafferty went in with his stubs showing and shin high - if thats not a dangerous tackle worthy of a red what is? 

Have not seen the Ipswich one but as some else has pointed out the majority of key decisions by officials are correct;  their error rate is pretty low and certainly far better than any footballer.  

For me Laffertys challenge was erroneously made,  I dont think he meant to go in that high,  but what he meant to do is irrelevant,  the fact is he fouled an opponent in a reckless manner having taken a poor touch - thats two errors;  thats the players fault, not the refs.  

[/quote]

Shouldn''t of been smoking, it sets a bad example to youngsters.