Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

When will we break our transfer record?

From Archant:

(Peterborough) Chairman Darragh MacAnthony said he had no problems breaking their transfer record to sign Lewis.

“Joe is a massive talent that will compliment an already outstanding young squad,” he said. “I have no doubt he will be a massive success at Posh as we head towards the Premier League.”

When do you think we''ll break our transfer record on our way (back) into the Premier League (again)?

OTBC

To be honest i''d rather we didn''t spend in excess of 3 million on one player, and get 3 quality players for the money!!! And i think it will be a while before we can spend that type of money again!!

well probley, we dont have 4 mill to spend, (well 3and just over a half) so we cant do it atm so prem sounds like the right time

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

From Archant:

(Peterborough) Chairman Darragh MacAnthony said he had no problems breaking their transfer record to sign Lewis.

“Joe is a massive talent that will compliment an already outstanding young squad,” he said. “I have no doubt he will be a massive success at Posh as we head towards the Premier League.”

When do you think we''ll break our transfer record on our way (back) into the Premier League (again)?

OTBC

[/quote]

With our track record I doubt if it''ll be in the lifetime of any City supporter over 25............

i dont see it happening till we get new board, and god knows when that will be, as smiths already said, shes not selling till she finds someone more intrested in Norwich then her, off the top of your head do you know anyone rich enough who support Norwich more than her ? sure bet i cant.

From Archant:

OTBC

[/quote]

The record will be broken when we sell someone for a few million profit, return to the premiership though could be a long time with that board of d#cks.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Why do we need to ?

Derby broke their transfer record to buy Robert Earnshaw.  Look what good it did them.

[/quote]

Norwich pay the Chief Exec over £175,000 a year (plus whatever) - it''s in the accounts........Look what good he''s done for us.[:|]

How much did we pay for Huckerby and then Ashton?....The first ''assisted'' in getting us promoted.....the latter, ''assisted'' with the first in nearly keeping us up.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

From Archant:

OTBC

[/quote]

The record will be broken when we sell someone for a few million profit, return to the premiership though could be a long time with that board of d#cks.

[/quote]

If anyone is stupid enough to follow Arthurs advise in his signature we''ll have to buy a right back, maybe we''ll break it for a nice white player.

[/quote]We must do it now. Spending money = success. Sack the board, there are Billionaires queuing up around the block to buy out the miserly Delia and her paltry £10m. Lets get someone in to flash the cash

From Archant:

OTBC

[/quote]

What I want to ask you, You  lovely old boy "babes" is when are you going to give me a selection on the Free Bet Thread ? I know you want to help the Academy ,don''t you?  And of course with your knowledge on  football with all those posts behind your name . To make a single selection to win at the weekend would become no more than a bagatelle to you  [:D] .arrdee.

When we need to. At the moment, there are decent enough players on offer under our transfer record who we could go for, but no one seems to know how much Roeder has to spend.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

From Archant:

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

If anyone is stupid enough to follow Arthurs advise in his signature we''ll have to buy a right back, maybe we''ll break it for a nice white player.

Got to agree there - any respect I had for Arthur has totally gone out of the window - it also looks like he''s changed his picture to one of Enoch Powell if I''m not mistaken.  Sorry Arthur but we''re in the 21st Century now and our Empire is long gone.  Your misguided stance belongs in the dustbin of history mate - if I thought like you I''d still be wanting a return to the days of my Viking ancestors......yeah right!

[/quote]

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half FFS"]
We must do it now. Spending money = success.[/quote]

In the majority of cases that''s true, however...it''s how the money is spent that makes a difference.

For a top 4 side, they may only need to sign one world class player who will cost them upwards of £15 million to make the difference.

Whereas you look at a side facing relegation from the Prem, and they could spend the same amount of cash, but buy 4-5 players instead, as they are the required quality they need in depth to survive.

Personally, I don''t care whether we spend £5 million or £500 on a new signing - as long as they are of the required ability we need to progress. The likes of Ian Wright, Les Ferdinand and Kevin Phillips have all come from non-league football, Kevin Doyle was snapped up for a measly £70k, and Kolo Toure was only £150k, so quality is available without spending big money - as long as you''re a good enough manager to recognise when this talent is available and get there first.

Even though he''s been out of the team as late, I still think that that £75k was very good value for Simon Lappin, as whilst he''ll never likely be Prem standard, he''s certainly decent at this level, and easily have gone for £250k upwards if he''d come from a CCC side already.

Roeder seems very savvy with his moves in the market so far, and I personally think that whether he spends big or little, he''ll do so knowing that he''s brought in the right players that we need.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

With our track record I doubt if it''ll be in the lifetime of any City supporter over 25............

[/quote]

yes im allright then [:D]

why does everyone have this spend spend spend fixation? its not how much you spend its what you do wit the money you have available which is a limited resource.

What really bugs me is the lack of talent from the academy. Isn''t it so blooming obvious that a club like Norwich needs to nurture home grown talent which either blossoms into regular first team performers or get sold for a healthy profit? If we''d spent £3.25m on the academy instead of Ashton would be be in any worse position? We still got relegated even with Ashton, we bought Earnshaw and others and still failed to get promotion, we have had to pay termination payments to two managers and fees to various agents and wages to so called stars who never delivered.

Indy Bones is spot on- £5m or £500 doesn''t matter- we could have spent £17m on Darren Bent and by now we might be- well even as high as mid table in this league. Whoopy do. If I had time I''dlove to list all the no/minimal-money successes we have had such as the fantsatic four from Spurs in the late 80s and Steen Nedergaard. In transfer dealings you win some but lose many more- and with the big money signings the risks are huge as NCFC cannot afford to buy enough to statistically guarantee sufficient successes.

I''m not defending the board here, just trying to argue that splashing the cash isn''t necessarily an exclusive solution to our situation and that maybe the focus should be on spending elsewhere (such as the academy).

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

From Archant:

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Got to agree there - any respect I had for Arthur has totally gone out of the window - it also looks like he''s changed his picture to one of Enoch Powell if I''m not mistaken.  Sorry Arthur but we''re in the 21st Century now and our Empire is long gone.  Your misguided stance belongs in the dustbin of history mate - if I thought like you I''d still be wanting a return to the days of my Viking ancestors......yeah right!

[/quote][/quote]

Agreed - Arthur''s shot his bolt as far as this board is concerned.

lets face facts given current state of norwich fc and the football league and the transfers norwich wont break their transfer record until

they have reached the premier

and they are in 2nd season in the premier

example reading, fulham, wigan, birmingham

simple fact of teams in champ, unless you get big BIG INVESTMENT such as sunderlands but il doubt many clubs will get that kind of backing

our record transfer is 3.5 million pounds for Dean Ashton isnt it? we wont break that whilst outside the premiership.

jas :)

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

why does everyone have this spend spend spend fixation? its not how much you spend its what you do wit the money you have available which is a limited resource.

What really bugs me is the lack of talent from the academy. Isn''t it so blooming obvious that a club like Norwich needs to nurture home grown talent which either blossoms into regular first team performers or get sold for a healthy profit? If we''d spent £3.25m on the academy instead of Ashton would be be in any worse position? We still got relegated even with Ashton, we bought Earnshaw and others and still failed to get promotion, we have had to pay termination payments to two managers and fees to various agents and wages to so called stars who never delivered.

Indy Bones is spot on- £5m or £500 doesn''t matter- we could have spent £17m on Darren Bent and by now we might be- well even as high as mid table in this league. Whoopy do. If I had time I''dlove to list all the no/minimal-money successes we have had such as the fantsatic four from Spurs in the late 80s and Steen Nedergaard. In transfer dealings you win some but lose many more- and with the big money signings the risks are huge as NCFC cannot afford to buy enough to statistically guarantee sufficient successes.

I''m not defending the board here, just trying to argue that splashing the cash isn''t necessarily an exclusive solution to our situation and that maybe the focus should be on spending elsewhere (such as the academy).

[/quote]

Better bring back Robert Chase, eh Tumble?

OTBC