Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

New Rumour

What do you make of this?

My wife is a head chef in a big resturant in Norwich which lovely delia Smith owns.

she has heard that Norwich are close to completing £8.5 million takeover with the irish businessman/horse owner having to garuntee folking out 50 million into the club over the next 5seasons. this is not just for transfers this covers extension to the stadium. my wife did not hear this from delia herself but from a colleegue who is close to her.

also heard they buying some bulgarian player for around 800 k, cannot remember his name though

s. African winger of Newcastle is also done deal

other targets set out for Norwich are

Martin Taylor £2 million
danns
Webber
parkin

the board will then take over in March time ready for a push for promotion next year

Sounds like piffle to me.

Sounds great,   I just don''t want to get my hopes up too much....

would be good if true. webber and parkin upfront would be awesome. we all know about taylor, but £2m??!!! and danns? do we need another midfielder? i thought hes gone to forest anyway

as for the takeover, i''ll believe it when i see it

It does have a certain piffle quantity to it.  What stands out are that it alludes to Illev & Pattison, and overvalues Taylor even by Brums standards. although the 2m could be for Taylor and Danns combined?It in general too good to be true, especially the hinted connection to the guys that used to own man U.

A load of old codswallop! 

Why would we pay £2m for Taylor when QPR had a smaller bid accepted.  Parkin?  Sam Parkin???  No chance.  Danns and Webber might be a good shout though.  But if we had loads of money then why settle for those two?  Plus, the source states that his wife is head chef in Delia''s restaurant.  If she did indeed hear something, do you really think that she would have heard such specific details?  The source has also done the classic about over defending the credibility of his post - having heard "from a colleague who is close to her".  Come on guys, if youre going to make up rumours at least do it convincingly. 

having to garuntee folking out 50 million into the club over the next 5seasons.

That looks like total crap to me never mind piffle.

[quote user="YellowIce"]drivel[/quote]

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Although I have heard one or two whispers about new investment but my contacts are very tight lipped. Just got a feeling that something is going on because we seem to have money to spend.

Anybody else heard anything?

[quote user="ricardo"]

What do you make of this?

also heard they buying some bulgarian player for around 800 k, cannot remember his name thoughs. African winger of Newcastle is also done deal

[/quote]

We already know about both of these. Pattison signed last week and that blugarian player is having a medical today. If you had told us this last week your story may have been believeable

[quote user="Steve Burns"]Didn''t know your wife was a head chef in one of Delia''s restaurants Ricardo. [:)][/quote]

No mate. Not my missus.

Even though she is a bloody good cook, she didn''t cook this one up Steve.

[quote user="noz4lyf"]Init We Won''t Be Able To Get 2 Mil For Taylor ![/quote]

yeh ''init'' ''safe''.

and we wont be able to GET 2 million for taylor, because its not us whos selling him, their talking about us paying 2 million for him. incase you didnt notice he was on loan to us...

[quote user="ricardo"]

... Anybody else heard anything?

[/quote]

When Roeder was announced as the new manager, I was told that the Turners had £20m to give from Jan.  My sister-in-law knows Arsenal''s assistant manager and she apparently got this from him. I''ve been hoping it will prove to be true - we''ve certainly got something to spend it seems - whether its £20m though ....!

[quote user="Goony"][quote user="ricardo"]

... Anybody else heard anything?

[/quote]

When Roeder was announced as the new manager, I was told that the Turners had £20m to give from Jan.  My sister-in-law knows Arsenal''s assistant manager and she apparently got this from him. I''ve been hoping it will prove to be true - we''ve certainly got something to spend it seems - whether its £20m though ....!

[/quote]

Blimey is it April 1st already?  Must have slept longer than I''d thought  [:D][;)]

Today again on CSKA chief executive pressconference he answer at question" why Iliev not go to a bigger club?"

"Норич в момента не е в много добра ситуация в Чемпиъншип но със сигурност мога да ви кажа, че има много амбициозен нов инвеститор и отпуснатата за селекция сума е доста внушителна."

trnslate this can be:

"Norwich at the moment is not in good posision but belive me they have now new very ambitiuse investor who promise very huge amount for selection!"

Interesting we sure have good amount to spend this January so lets wait what we will do with this money !!!

[quote user="noz4lyf"]Init We Won''t Be Able To Get 2 Mil For Taylor ![/quote]Chavtastic!

Every club in the land seems to be courting the advances of some middle east/sheikh/oligarch/ or secretive english business man. I think this has been in our case due to a few factors.

1-Its January, January sales, Silly season, every agent under the sun making as much noise/hype as possible, to line his saville roe tailored pockets.

2- I think there has been a mixture of mis quotation, poor bulgarian somewhere along the lines, and it has been constured the Sofia and Illievs agents are privy to some very exciting, big investor news. Personally, I would think this is just the Turners, it would seem big investment and new to the Bulgarians, and Doomcaster would obviously try and show that these ''very rich'' local investors were heavily linked with the club, a lovely bit of spin, to convinve Illiev, etc...

3-What with them boys down the road, getting their man to swoop in with some serious cheddar, i think a few mischievious little scamps have been busy, posting on as many messageboards as they can possibly daub with often utter tripe.

On a seperate note, does Jade Goody suppport us? Shes copping off with the son of one of the richest men in the world, she hent daft that one....