Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

CHris Brown - Having his medical at PNE

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

according to SkySports!!

Don''t jinx it anyone, we could be makiing a profit on this joker!!

[/quote]

Profit, thats all this club thinks about!.

1st Wizard that is a bit of a naive view. Im not going to get back into the discussion about financial constraints but. . . . .

surely you can see that he was the worst striker we have had ever and only a team in a dire financial state (as said by the manger) would buy him - no good would as he cant score. So to even make half what we paid back let a lone a profit is nothing short of a miracle.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

according to SkySports!!

[/quote]

Agents CJF Agents.

We won''t be making any profit here I''m afraid.

[quote user="YellowIce"]

1st Wizard that is a bit of a naive view. Im not going to get back into the discussion about financial constraints but. . . . .

surely you can see that he was the worst striker we have had ever and only a team in a dire financial state (as said by the manger) would buy him - no good would as he cant score. So to even make half what we paid back let a lone a profit is nothing short of a miracle.

[/quote]Worst striker we''ve ever had? Do you not remember Peter Thorne? At least Brown got involved in the game, won a few headers and had a decent touch on him! I''m not saying I want him to stay because I agree he''s not good enough, but I think saying he''s the worst striker we''ve ever had is a bit on the harsh side.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

according to SkySports!!

[/quote]

Profit, thats all this club thinks about!.

[/quote]

I think actually Wiz it''s called getting rid of dead wood and wages that can and will be used for another player.  Good bit of business IMHO.

[quote user="YellowIce"]

[/quote]

Hey buddy, don''t you feel the Wiz is being slightly ironic.

Poor Preston, what are the doing, if they are pinning their hopes on Super Brown, they are now officially league one all the way

[quote user="Fellas"]He is the worst. He can''t score. Peter Thorne at least scored more than one goal for us.
[/quote]

Thats just a visious rumour!.[:D]

What about Mike Sheron, Neal Fenn, Keith Scott or Grazololi?

I can''t believe Preston have bid for him, it would be great to make some money on this poor striker.

[quote user="Fellas"]He is the worst. He can''t score. Peter Thorne at least scored more than one goal for us.[/quote]I can''t be bothered to go on a stat-search, but I know Thorne managed two to Brown''s one. I''m pretty sure that Thorne played twice as many games for us as Brown did, though. Goals ratio aside, I think Brown made a much greater contribution to the team in the games he played than Thorne did - he was good at linking the play, holding the ball up and had a pretty good touch, whereas Thorne was just an immobile lump! In his heyday Thorne was obviously a better player, but for Norwich I think Brown''s all-round contribution was way superior to Thorne''s.

Well i think he was an OK player, never going to score loads of goals but with a decent run in the team he would have proved his worth. I think he was considerably better than Thorne.

I am glad you dont manage the team then because it is evident to anyone that he is no good to anyone with eyes!

Sunderland got shot and now we are.  More fool Preston.

[quote user="Marty"]Well i think he was an OK player, never going to score loads of goals but with a decent run in the team he would have proved his worth. I think he was considerably better than Thorne.[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

I am glad you dont manage the team then because it is evident to anyone that he is no good to anyone with eyes!

[quote user="Marty"]Well i think he was an OK player, never going to score loads of goals but with a decent run in the team he would have proved his worth. I think he was considerably better than Thorne.[/quote]

[/quote]

He''s as good as Martin / Jarvis etc. but they don''t get as much grief from people on this board. I think he needed a longer run in the team, just like Iwan Roberts did! 

[quote user="Marty"]

He''s as good as Martin / Jarvis etc. but they don''t get as much grief from people on this board. I think he needed a longer run in the team, just like Iwan Roberts did! 

[/quote]

His record is awful, and to be honest, he didnt look like getting chances and when he did get them he struggled to hit the target.  Is it any surprise that when he was playing reguarly for us, Hull and his most recent season at Sunderland all three teams struggled for goals and were in the relegation zone.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=35636

16(8) 1 goal for us

13(0) 1 goal for Hull

34(35) 11 goals for Sunderland

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It is as if it is the first of April already, there is one fundamental difference between Iwan Roberts and Chris ‘goals are for poofs’ Brown, one was a footballer and the other one isn’t.

Sure we could have let him have a run in the team, why not?  What a  good idea!  The problem is we would have ended up in the first division because the chances of that oaf ever being able to hit a cow’s backside with a banjo are negligible

This goon will go down in history as one of the worst players to ever put on the green and yella and is right down there with the likes of Dean Coney, Darren Beckford and dare I mention him by name, Daryl Sutch................................................

This is what they think on the PNE messageboards

Posted by PNECRAZY2007 on 06 Jan 2008 23:34 Complain | Reply
re: re: re: re: chris brown ...

Not that bothered about the camera incident.

His goal record isnt good enough, I dont think he would be better than what we already have.

Both Norwich and Sunderland think hes crap

Posted by Lancashires_finest on 07 Jan 2008 00:07 Complain | Reply
re: re: re: re: re: chris brown ...

I am sure Irvine knows what he is doing.

This is the opinion of a few Norwich supporters:

Most of the other posts are just about his camera phone antics.

[quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It is as if it is the first of April already, there is one fundamental difference between Iwan Roberts and Chris ‘goals are for poofs’ Brown, one was a footballer and the other one isn’t.

Sure we could have let him have a run in the team, why not?  What a  good idea!  The problem is we would have ended up in the first division because the chances of that oaf ever being able to hit a cow’s backside with a banjo are negligible

This goon will go down in history as one of the worst players to ever put on the green and yella and is right down there with the likes of Dean Coney, Darren Beckford and dare I mention him by name, Daryl Sutch................................................

[/quote]

And what was the opinion of Iwan Roberts during a majority of his first season?

I just don''t think he is that bad and with a bit more luck and composure he may have looked better. Many players take time to settle. Look at Cureton, he misses sitters and hardly looks great, however he does manage to stick a few goals away and that takes the pressure off him, but he isn''t a great player either - well not currently.

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I just don''t think he is that bad and with a bit more luck and composure he may have looked better. Many players take time to settle. Look at Cureton, he misses sitters and hardly looks great, however he does manage to stick a few goals away and that takes the pressure off him, but he isn''t a great player either - well not currently.

[/quote]

To compare Brown with Iwan is not really relevant, Roberts had a 1 in 3 goal average over many seasons for different clubs, Brown has 3 goals in the last 3 seasons.  Iwan took time but at least you knew he could do it, Brown will make a good target man and brings players into the game but he is never going to score goals at this level because for 1 his positioning is awful and 2, his finishing is worse than his positioning. 

I''m not saying Brown is one of the worst players ever at Carrow Road, he worked hard when he played but he just does not have the abililty I''m afraid. 

Having a medical this morning so should be some news later in the day, hopefully [:)]

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Bury Green"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Imho Iwan was one of the most over rated players to wear a City shirt. Slow & immobile he was easy for Championship defenders to play against and was only really at his best when alongside Bellamy whose pace frightened defences enough to force them to play deep. A strike rate of one goal in three is not much to shout about when it is considered he spent years as the clubs nominated penalty taker.

That said he was always (even when an underperforming £900k striker) head and shoulders above Brown at this level. Standards really have fallen if posters can even consider Brown can do a job at this level. Iwan was up to it, just not brilliant, Brown belongs in League 2 and we will be very lucky if PNE give us back what we spent on him.

Trouble with the legacy that Roeder inherited is that for too long the squad was short of quality & quantity. We have an 11 that can probably do a job but if any get injured we have a bunch of Pros who don''t cut the mustard.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Fellas"]He is the worst. He can''t score. Peter Thorne at least scored more than one goal for us.
[/quote]
I can''t be bothered to go on a stat-search, but I know Thorne managed two to Brown''s one. I''m pretty sure that Thorne played twice as many games for us as Brown did, though. Goals ratio aside, I think Brown made a much greater contribution to the team in the games he played than Thorne did - he was good at linking the play, holding the ball up and had a pretty good touch, whereas Thorne was just an immobile lump! In his heyday Thorne was obviously a better player, but for Norwich I think Brown''s all-round contribution was way superior to Thorne''s.
[/quote]

You must be thinking of a different Chris Brown because Norwich''s Chris Brown has none of the attributes you have just mentioned

This sentence would also apply to Chris Brown

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What? Are you talking about the same Martin that scored a few goals for Norwich last season.

The difference is that Brown has scored ONE, yes that''s right ONE goal for Norwich and he is a striker. A striker''s job is to score goals; therefore Chris Brown is incompetent and always has been!

[quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What? Are you talking about the same Martin that scored a few goals for Norwich last season.

The difference is that Brown has scored ONE, yes that''s right ONE goal for Norwich and he is a striker. A striker''s job is to score goals; therefore Chris Brown is incompetent and always has been!

[/quote]

Is this the same Chris Martin that cannot hold down a spot in a team full of medicore strikers? So what use is living in the past, have you seen him play this season?

I had a feeling i''d get pilloried for stating my opinion that he wasn''t as bad as everybody seems to be making out.

"I''ll get my coat"